|May 28th, 2005, 04:35 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2005
I feel you could do much better
I found the game long ago pre beta through MMORPG.com, and while it looked good I waited like many do to see what it would become. Well I am here finally, and I am extremely impressed. So impressed I think you could have the best game out at this time. I have been playing online games for over nine years now and I play at least 40+ hours a week..usually more.
But I feel I stayed away longer than I would have, had I known what was in this game. Thats what drove me to post here. I have watched the past movies you put out, and seen very little of your ingame experience other than big movies about fights. While I am told you got alot of happy responses to your E3 movie, I feel you still failed at showing what this game has in it. In fact I feel the latest movie was not as good as some of the past ones that did show at least character customization.
I look at this game and think to myself, "If I were the salesman of this game, what is it about it that sells it over the multitude of other games out there?".
1. Its number one attribute to me is the fact that you are not in a "stupid" world, this games world is intelligent, far beyond that of any other game out there. Your monster Artificial Intelligence is that which makes even a old time gamer like myself, worried, and careful, not to mention in awe. I love these monsters more than any I have ever seen.
2. This world has seasons, which make your monsters do "new" or different patterns of Artificial Intelligence. Absolutely amazing.
3. Your Skill gains, and Skill Trees, ...make everyone who wants to be, unique.
4. Your interchangeable spell system. Shorten this range, add this cost... Awesome.
5. I am not a pure pvp player, but you have it! I am happy to see that as well.
Now while this is not all that comprehensive of an outline of your games main qualities...its enough to make someone who has gamed look at it more in depth, and probably buy it to try it. And once that is done...you sell yourself, you have all that it takes to get them to love the game.
I only wish you tried putting more of this type of information into your public exhibitions, namely a movie or advertisement that is set up to be a first contact to your new potential players. You could take these few items alone, and get a big response.
I will give you the response I got from your older movies, as well as from others who looked at it, so you can see in a sense what it "spoke about" to those who I spoke to.
1. Its in or from france- " That means lag, another country?"
2. Wow, lots of neat graphics in the video- "Yes, but whats it about? I dont see anything showing a player playing it...is this even gameplay video? Theres no caption saying it is..."
3. Looks sci fi. - I dont want to play scifi with guns and lazers, Im a sword and sorcerer type of gamer.
4. Skill tree- "oh man, those are all the same idea, and I havent seen one that worked yet, theres always a better way to make the character so everyone just goes one way 90% of the time..its stupid."
<--- that person was shown how wrong they were
5. Do they even have crafting?!- "Do they even have crafting?!" <-- Huge mistake here...you give no clue. And as far as crafting goes...you could get a huge crowd on that note alone. You HAVE an AWESOME crafting system that can be used on the same character!! That alone ...the dual playability of a single character, makes this again a huge jump in gaming, but no one even knows you have it.
Now, many of those that will read this..players namely, will state the obvious that well if they looked into it they would see... But what they would be missing is my point.
Sales are sales. If you dont even get a grab on the person looking at your sales pitch, they have no interest, and will not look into it.
And as far as movies go, ask Jessica Mulligan(sp?) about allowing players to give you their own movies and see how that turns out. While I played Asherons Call for several years, I was hooked into the game by the movies that showed so much...and they were made by players. Turbine even went as far as having players make their movies, because they were done so well on game play and so on.
I love this game, its the best there is out there now. I just want to see you give it a longer and flatly put. more profitable. future. I want to know you got money to keep this one alive, keep the people coming in, and have expansions and so on planned for years to come. And you HAVE WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT, ...just show it to them in a better way. More informative, more advertizing, and get more involvement from your players, those that are here already know this, and want to see you succeed.
Little background about me for those that need it.
((PS whats with showing account names on a forum...Bad idea. If nothing else it scares people who are paranoid, like me, that someone will hack their account, and never post here.))
-Games I played, Diablo, Ultima Online, Dark Ages, Everquest, Everquest 2, Eve Online, Endless Ages, Horizons, Furcadia<-- who by the way did the FIRST of building your own world to allow others to check out and interact with, Asherons Call, Asheron's call 2... so many I cant remember... Thats bad.
Im in my thirties, I play side by side with my wife, and...Im a MMO junkie, I was a mod on a forum once..but I gave up that addiction quickly, interferred with my gaming And with that said I wont be back much Cause I love this game, so Ill be inside it
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:15 PM.