|September 20th, 2004, 12:19 PM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2004
A few questions
A lot of actions either have no explanations or if they have there is too little. So here goes:
- What is the difference between Harmful and Gentle extraction? I suppose it makes me choose between security and... what exactly? More yield per node, better quality, all or none of the above?
- We have a 'speed' action brick. Does it mean that within the timeframe of the life of the node I'll be able to mine it faster and thus get more quantity? Or does it mean that I'll still mine the same quantity but faster?
- 'Rate' action brick. Does it actually mean "yield"? Is this one supposed to make me extract more out of a node in the same timeframe?
- When I start Harvesting, I see two lines in the system chat: one giving me the maximum quality of this node and another saying something like "The is a node of mode X". What does this mean? I suppose it has to do with stability, as I seem to have noticed that nodes of 'mode 0' seem to explode more than the others. Can we have more information about that?
Also, this 'mode' message seems out of place. In a game where the devs went out of their way in order NOT to implement a proper con system and used tons of meaningless adjectives instead, like 'scampering', 'weanling', etc., I wish this last sentance was replaced by something more like "This is a 'vigorous' node" or something.
- The aggro indicator in the target window doesn't work, does it? If the Gingos have the same color as the Yubos I don't want to be anywhere in the galaxy where the truly red aggro mobs reside.
- Bleed action. I read and re-read the action description but still don't understand. What are the odds of the action to be successful, the odds of the hit to land and those of the actual Bleeding to occur?
And what are the effects? When the mob starts to 'bleed massively' I get no feedback messages in the System Messages window about the actual damage it takes, no overhead damage figures that I could dissociate from my regularweapon hits, I only get a message that the mob stopped bleeding. Kinda hard to figure out whether an upgrade of this skill is worth the massive loss of Stamina it entails.
- Optimal skills. Some skills say that their effect is 'optimal at skill level 25' for instance. Does it mean that until that level the ability to proc is lowered, or the effect, or all of the above? What about when you are way past the skill, for instance when you are at 35 in Melee but still using a skill that is optimal at 25? Does its effect or proc chance deteriorate?
When a piece of Armor says it is for lvl 25, does it protect less before, to the maximum at 25, and again less past level 25? I didn't notice any difference in the Info screen.
- How can I move a custom-made action into another hotkey bar?
- When wearing heavy Armor we suffer some Penalty.
What are its effects on a Fighter? Lower chance to dodge/parry, lower damage, lower attack speed, lower chance to hit, all of the above, or just increase the stamina cost? Any way to quantify the impact (if there is one besides stamina)? It's not like I will have enough money anytime soon to try full sets or Light/Medium/Heavy armor.
Any pointers? I want to be a heavy fighter, should I go Heavy Armor + 2H sword, or there are better combinations?
What effects does this Penalty have on Harvesting and Crafting? Lower success chance, lower quality?
- How is melee damage calculated? On my 2HS I have figures like 'Min damage=90, Max Damage=90, Damage per minute=19". How come then that with these figure I can hit for 15 dmg?
And what does the "damage per minute=19" mean? Is more like "swings per minute=10", i.e. a measure or a weapon's speed? I noticed that the 'dpm' is much higher on daggers even though I am doing crap damage, though I guess it's the number of swings.
- How is Armor protection calculated? I have for instance "Protection: 46.9%, vs Slash: 23". So is it that when a mob hits me with slash for 100 dmg, I only receive 54, the other being mitigated by the Protection? This seems to be the case when I look at the values in the System window. But how does the 'vs Slash' work? It doesn't seem to be taken into account in the System window figures.
- Swapping weapons/tools/armor is a major pain. The (very few people) I met online said that it was supposed to be difficult by design but difficult and challenging don't mean tedious. You can let us hotkey various equipment items (or at least let us do that in macros), then animate or freeze us on a timer until the action is actually finished. The way it is now is just a chore. Will this ever be implemented?
- Are there containers in the game? Inventory management is yet another chore. We don't have a bank (which btw throws us back to like 5 years behind, hello AC1!), we can't sort items on the Trade screen, and when making armor we must make sure that we don't sell ours when selling what we crafted for exp. Any help in this area is welcome, computers and software were made to make life easier, not harder .
Thanks. Any help is appreciated.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:43 PM.