|August 10th, 2009, 10:35 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Getting stuck in the Ring - How to fix it
Getting stuck in the Ring is most often due to connection issues. If there is a connection failure while loading the Ring (due to download of content) or a disconnect while in the Ring, it will cause a synchronization issue for your character. You will not be able to move or you will only see a "connecting..." screen afterwards. Trying to reload will put you back in the same place.
It is a very annoying issue, but one that is easy to fix with the following steps:
1) Disconnect (kill client).
2) Load client back up with the same account, but select a different toon.
3) Choose Scenario Editor at the bottom right (instead of Play)
4) Follow the steps to create a new land, it doesn't matter what land you create.
5) Once the land is loaded for your non-stuck toon, exit back to character selection: Menu -> quit -> character menu
6) This time, select you stuck toon and choose Play
7) When your stuck toon loads, click the red X to quit, then leave to Mainland.
The above steps can be done with even a brand new toon. If you ever get stuck in the Ring, just follow the above and you should be all set.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:59 PM.