PDA

View Full Version : The Last Straw

malkor
January 23rd, 2005, 01:41 AM
Homins!

During a peaceful gathering of Matis and Karavan guilds, a new fate for Atys has been woven.

The first Karavan Convention held in the Yrkanis Gazebo was designed to address the issues facing our race, as presented forcefully upon us by Kami aggression. Even before the meeting began members of Comitatus Pretorian defied our civility, electing to stand in the center, rather than sit along the edge of the Gazebo as every other homin had. This was not the worst of their offenses by far.

As words were shared between Gladius Jenae, Pegasus Foundation, VeniVediVici, The Sacred Order, Silver Watch, and countless others, many solutions and views were presented. Some called for battle, some for talks, others for more time. As Gfunk, one of Matis's finest leaders, finished words of peace and civility, the vile demon Raynes appeared, calling out members of the Pegasus Foundation, questioning their neutrality, and loyalty to morals. It did not end with words.

In a whirlwind of bloodlust unparalleled by even the Kitin, members of Comitatus Praetorian and Raynes struck out with arms in the Gazebo, slaying brave warriors there for talks.

As order was regained and warriors refused their challenges, the beasts turned their eyes to the Green Seeds. Unable to bear the screams of our dying brethren many warriors perused the invaders to defend the innocent children. The meeting resumed, but with the screams of our comrades we could no longer maintain any sense of neutrality to these aggressors.

Myself included, warriors gathered and perused the attackers to the arena, where many a Matis warrior fell to the hereticís blades, until we were finally able to suppress the beasts. Invaluable was the assistance of Saiwin of Silver Watch, Pharamos, Basic of OmegaV, Alheina, Pokus of Pegasus Foundation, Sophita of the Sacred Order, Marelli, and innumerable others.

The devils have made their intentions clear and Gladius Jenae can no longer honor our peace treaty with these devils, which has already been breached by their actions time and time again. I call to every Matisian warrior and follower of Jena to assist us in turning these trespassers back, and to finding a final solution for their actions!

Mai,
Priestess of the Gladius Jenae

xcomvic
January 23rd, 2005, 03:51 AM
Hmm... So who exactly are the enemy again?

xcomvic
January 23rd, 2005, 04:07 AM
I love you guys (Both Karavan and Kami supporters) for getting the ball started. Only a matter of time:)

raynes
January 23rd, 2005, 04:28 AM
/ooc
Demon Raynes... I like that. lol

sidusar
January 23rd, 2005, 05:01 AM
You're right, it was an outrage. The Kami extremists, most of whom are guests in Matisian lands, interrupted the meeting and declared war on those that had come to plea for a peacefull solution. Loyalty to Kami or Karavan put aside, their actions were only one step short of a direct assault on Yrkanis. It looks like I may have to rethink my neutrality...
(Not that my apprentice skills are going to make the slightest difference in this conflict, but it's the thought that counts.)

[OOC]
That was great. Raynes storming in there proclaiming his "if you are not with us you are against us" rhetorics... Most amusing moments I've had in the month I've been in Ryzom now. And to who is behind Mai; I love how you play her.

malkor
January 23rd, 2005, 05:42 AM
That was great. Raynes storming in there proclaiming his "if you are not with us you are against us" rhetorics... Most amusing moments I've had in the month I've been in Ryzom now. And to who is behind Mai; I love how you play her.

:) Going to make a Priestess blush with that kind of talk ;p

raynes
January 23rd, 2005, 05:43 AM
You're right, it was an outrage. The Kami extremists, most of whom are guests in Matisian lands, interrupted the meeting and declared war on those that had come to plea for a peacefull solution. Loyalty to Kami or Karavan put aside, their actions were only one step short of a direct assault on Yrkanis. It looks like I may have to rethink my neutrality...
(Not that my apprentice skills are going to make the slightest difference in this conflict, but it's the thought that counts.)

[OOC]

/ooc
It's funny when I first started to rp my character as extremely as I am, I got a lot of backlash. Now as things get moving, I find a lot of people actually like me playing my character this way. I'm glad people are getting into it, and realizing its all fun and in the spirit of the game.

vaquero1
January 23rd, 2005, 05:58 AM
/ooc
We just trying to have fun with what Ryzom has givin us(ie.PVP areas and rites). We will NOT attack a harvester ever in a PVP area we are not like that. We had a great time today. It was very grand. Just rying to give ya some good stuff. Fun for all!

xcomvic
January 23rd, 2005, 07:12 AM
/ooc

Let the fun continue!

squidna
January 23rd, 2005, 04:53 PM
"A final solution"? By Jena, that sounds so familiar, where have I heard it before... huh, I just can't place it. Oh well, I'm sure it will come to me.

iphdrunk
January 27th, 2005, 07:02 PM
/ooc
We just trying to have fun with what Ryzom has givin us(ie.PVP areas and rites). We will NOT attack a harvester ever in a PVP area we are not like that. We had a great time today. It was very grand. Just rying to give ya some good stuff. Fun for all!

I have been killed by Juggernaut while on focus gear in the middle of a pull with no warning whatsoever. I can live with that, and I don't expect guild leaders to enforce their rules on their members, do I?

Anissa

sathla
January 27th, 2005, 09:14 PM
All I want to know is.... what happened to the first straw?

vaquero1
January 27th, 2005, 11:17 PM
I have been killed by Juggernaut while on focus gear in the middle of a pull with no warning whatsoever. I can live with that, and I don't expect guild leaders to enforce their rules on their members, do I?

Anissa

No from what i hear CP went to FInd Sinful.... Juggy asked you not to get involved in juggy vs. sinful. You steped up and started healing sinful and attacking juggy so you got CAPED. This is what all my troopers have reported.

Sorry but you may wanna think about your statment.

Sinful Started this whole thing by inviting one of my members to team with him. In the prosses spike somehow got killed. Sinful told his guild members who were in his team NOT to heal spike and let him die. Finally spike was rezed only after someone healed him after they were orderd not to. This was the reason for the bounty on sinfuls head. Sinful Knew he had one on him spike told him allot and I am sure that some of his guild members told him.

Missinformation is NOT good.
If this is not how it happend you send me a tell.

iphdrunk
January 28th, 2005, 12:36 AM
Juggy asked you not to get involved in juggy vs. sinful.

I was dead, on the floor, when I said to jug "tsk,tsk" THEN he said "this does not concern you". Well, I was dead already. In any case I was not asked anything. I heard a spell in the middle of pull.

Nevermind, this is not the place to discuss this subject

roninpvp
January 28th, 2005, 12:48 AM
No from what i hear CP went to FInd Sinful.... Juggy asked you not to get involved in juggy vs. sinful. You steped up and started healing sinful and attacking juggy so you got CAPED. This is what all my troopers have reported.

Sorry but you may wanna think about your statment.

Sinful Started this whole thing by inviting one of my members to team with him. In the prosses spike somehow got killed. Sinful told his guild members who were in his team NOT to heal spike and let him die. Finally spike was rezed only after someone healed him after they were orderd not to. This was the reason for the bounty on sinfuls head. Sinful Knew he had one on him spike told him allot and I am sure that some of his guild members told him.

Missinformation is NOT good.
If this is not how it happend you send me a tell.

No Zen you started this. I was harvesting in Umbra the day before the Spike incident when Juggernaut Zen and Malion harressed me while I was digging. Malion repeatedly went around hitting all my nodes for one second so I could not dig. Meanwhile Zen and Juggernaut armed and targeting me while Zen starts to tell me strip mining is bad and using the emote that indicates "they are about to start something". I was outnumbered and not armed and just ignored them and waited to see if they would leave or be griefers. Eventually after Malion either ran out of focus or got bored they moved on.

The second day I was still upset and telling my guild what happened. How CP seems to want to make innocent harvesters get upset to the point where they lash out. I join up with my guildmates which turns out was already hunting with Spike. One of the guild was the leader of the team and invites me to the group and I join since the only bad experience I've had with CP was with the trio the night before and have actually hunted with and rezzed many of them before. Spike is not stop trash talking. At one point he starts to trash talk the guild and stating CP will kill us blah blah blah. We better hope CP does not see anything but a pick on us in the PvP zones etc.. Telling me there are No rules in PVP and its just roleplaying etc.. (griefers seem to use the RP angle a lot). Well Spike dies and I decide to half a laugh and WAIT to rez him yes thats right WAIT. Not leave him dead not abandon him and not run off. I never stated to leave him there to die. Even with all the insults he was throwing at us we were tolerating him. I said just wait a minute and let him sweat and we'll say it was just RP and see how he likes it. There was never ever any intent of leaving him nor did we move from the spot.

Today Juggernaut attacked me with no word what so ever. Yes I saw him yes I did not think anything about it since CP stated they dont attack harvesters. While in the middle of a pull surrounded by nodes I get hit. I try to defend myself but surrounded by prospecting nodes and Juggernaut surrounded by plants I can not get him targeted (cheesy is an understatement). Juggernaut never said a word just attacked me. Ani tried to heal me and jugger proceeded to attack Ani.

neiana
January 28th, 2005, 01:03 AM
(griefers seem to use the RP angle a lot).

oh wow the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life.

The game has an open PvP area, so OBVIOUSLY anyone attacking a harvester is griefing. Yeah right.

It's open PvP, if you die, you die. That's the end of it. No grief, no nothing. Harvester down. It's not griefing, it's DESIGN.

- N

roninpvp
January 28th, 2005, 01:06 AM
oh wow the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life.

The game has an open PvP area, so OBVIOUSLY anyone attacking a harvester is griefing. Yeah right.

It's open PvP, if you die, you die. That's the end of it. No grief, no nothing. Harvester down. It's not griefing, it's DESIGN.

- N

The griefing comment was intended at the harressment of hitting my nodes done by malion.

roninpvp
January 28th, 2005, 01:08 AM
/ooc

Obviously lies.

vaquero1
January 28th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Obviously lies.

Spike told sinful that he had a bounty on his head before juggy killed him. If you read my posts then you would have seen this one.

http://ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10554
Number 10

"CP does not kill harvesters (cept for one right now and He has a bounty out on his life for crimes against a CP)."

Cry me a river you know what happened.

vguerin
January 28th, 2005, 01:55 AM
"CP does not kill harvesters (cept for one right now and He has a bounty out on his life for crimes against a CP)."

Cry me a river you know what happened.It seems to me that this trumped up excuse against a fellow homin is contrary to our agreement Zen.

Be warned Kami lover ! If your attacks on Karavan guilds that have done you no true harm reach our ears while you are still in zone, we will come to rendor aid to our brethren.

Ensure if your picking on harvesters that follow the ways that Jena has shared with us, that you come in force. If a neutral guild asks for our aid... It will be coming... IN FORCE !

Click here to join Melinoe (http://ryzom.twazz.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=916#916)
Ultimate Harvesting Guide (http://ryzom.twazz.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=4)
Melinoe - Atys Harvesters
http://ryzom.twazz.net/

fschook
January 28th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Ok lets get it straight Sinful

I dont read the threads and I hate posting in them also, but I was asked to set the story straight.

I was hunting with Neva, Buns, and Milfy. we were all getting along (and if anyone does not know Milfy is my in game wife) until Mr. Grumpy came along.

Well Sinful was upset because he was forging in the pr and was being disturbed NOT KILLED by CP. So to make a lond story short when I went down in team, NO ONE WAS GOING TO HEAL ME!

Now how do I know that he said that?? well I asked Milfy and she could not answer me... Well after 1 min left in time Milfy (my beautiful wife) healed me.

I then walked over to Sin and asked... my would you not heal a team mate, he did not answer me, I then said I have two words for you A** HOLE... I then told him... I will have revenge and CP has a BOUNTY on ur head now...

After this, I then ported out of team and so did Milfy.. Later that night I recieved a pm from NEVA and MILFY telling me that Sinful was wrong and we should of not have done that to you like we did, and they both said SORRY. I replied saying I would have no problem IF (a big if) he killed me in a PVP zone, but to not heal someone who is helping you get XP is flat out wrong.....

Sinful remember this is a game... nothing personal, if you cant take the heat leave the game...

I will always look for you in PVP and even if your harvesting I will kill you... I will not stop until you step down as guild leader.

If you kill me i'll tell you good job. i'm not going to cry.

After what you did why should I let you get the goods in a PVP ZONE, ur KARAVAN.

TO ALL GUILDS CP WILL NOT KILL ANY HARVESTERS EXCEPT SINFUL, SO DONT WORRY YOU ALL CAN DIG BUT HIM...... NIGHT AND DAY CP WILL LOOK FOR YOU SIN......

Spike
officer of CP

ps I will not say another word about this.

roninpvp
January 28th, 2005, 03:24 AM

Well Sinful was upset because he was forging in the pr and was being disturbed NOT KILLED by CP.

Disturbed you may call it but it was clearly harressment which is against the rules. Had they killed me then I could not complain cause that was in the rules. But to stay around and harress me for a period of time so i could not dig is not disturbing its making me unable to harvest.

So to make a lond story short when I went down in team, NO ONE WAS GOING TO HEAL ME!

I dont know why you think nobody was going to rez you. I merely said lets just wait a little before healing you is all. After all you were trash talking the whole time in team.

I will always look for you in PVP and even if your harvesting I will kill you... I will not stop until you step down as guild leader.

Tho there has to be a "leader" in the game mechanics of the guild I do not make the decissions. We all decide. I have told the others I will leave the guild and join another if they do not want to support me. They asked me not to leave.

sathla
January 28th, 2005, 03:38 AM
You know, I have only been playing this game for a month now so I have yet a chance to get into the RPing and PvP aspect of this game. In guild chat today I observed Juggernaut stating there was a bounty on Sinful's head and he attacked. If this is true then.... and as for it being "cheese" from hiding behind plants. How? He's using surprise and a tactical advantage of the land to attack, pretty smart if you ask me. You should read up on military tactis some roninpvp, might learn some neat stuff.
"Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where
you are not expected." - Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

roninpvp
January 28th, 2005, 03:49 AM
You know, I have only been playing this game for a month now so I have yet a chance to get into the RPing and PvP aspect of this game. In guild chat today I observed Juggernaut stating there was a bounty on Sinful's head and he attacked. If this is true then.... and as for it being "cheese" from hiding behind plants. How? He's using surprise and a tactical advantage of the land to attack, pretty smart if you ask me. You should read up on military tactis some roninpvp, might learn some neat stuff.
"Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where
you are not expected." - Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

I did not realize cp was gonna not honor the leaving of harvesters alone. I saw him and thought nothing else about it. I had not realized that I was so popular with CP.

xcomvic
January 28th, 2005, 04:22 AM
LMAO... you guys look like your having too much fun...

zumwalt
January 28th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Although, this is quiet amusing to me, especially the part that was mentioned that this is only a game, the the part of "I will kill you blah blah blah", I see several acknowledgements of using and abusing exploits.

Lets see.
Targeting exploit, Juggernaut 'hid' behind 'plants' ok these are targetable's, so is the nodes that have been spawned.

So, Jugger got his target then hid behind a plant to keep his target from targeting him, thus using an exploit to avoid being targeted.

The part about harassment.. well, seeing someones nodes and running up then clicking on them then moving on to next blah blah blah, you have just used another eploit in the system to stop someone from harvesting there nodes.. need I say.. you did this repeatedly.

*scratches his head*
You brag about using 2 exploits in the game to assist yourself in what you are deaming a justifiable situation because they were teaching you a lesson per say about not healing you, but you didn't die.. you were healed, no matter who did it, you actually didn't die, so you have no gripe.

CP openly kept a harvestor from harvesting in the PR, and openly admitted to harassment by means of keeping the harvester from being allowed to harvest there nodes.

This story, although initially 'might' have fit in this windermeer forum, now belongs in either general, or locked down and reviewed by the GM's to see if in fact the EULA was breached by the events that occured as posted in this thread against the member of CP who did this against the harvestor.

Thats all I really get out of this.

Seriously, if Sinful was such a pain, you 'kick' him from the group and go about your business.

And Spike if you are really going to carry such a grudge against people to openly admit your going to pretty much stalk them and kill them at will in PVP, you might think about some sort of doctors appointment, I think they have pills that help with such anger and aggressiveness, after all, it really is just a game.

Bottom line, guys, come on, after you kill someone with a so called bounty on there head, that death would then clear the bounty, the hunt is over, killing them repeatedly because your mad at them for 1 incident, is just.. stupid.

Secondly, don't harass someone while there harvesting by hitting all there nodes to cause them not to be harvestable, that is just plain childish.

Something stinks in this thread and it smells like a temper tantrum.
Admins please move this thread to general or something, it is serving no purpose in Windermeer.

caitiff
January 28th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Targeting exploit, Juggernaut 'hid' behind 'plants' ok these are targetable's, so is the nodes that have been spawned.

Just want to point out that if someone does this to you just use Ctrl + Space. This will target the player infront of you. This would have fixed that problem :)

PS. I dont really see that as an exploit, that is just using strategy. Honestly i dont see how you can say you cant/shouldnt do that. Specially where it is easy to get around it. Even if it wasnt though, you have to be able to use strategy. That is part of what structures are for. Have to think things through. Too many ppl i think are focussed on seeing an exploit in what someone does.

sathla
January 28th, 2005, 09:25 AM
You're trying to twist my words around ronin, I only stated there was a bounty on your head for said reasons and that is why Juggernaut attacked you. If you didn't have a bounty on your head then I doubt you would of been attacked in the first place. But something tells me that you have done something to aggrivate a member in CP in the past though, just doesn't seem like something that just now sprung up.

zumwalt your trolling isn't helping anything, as much as I LOVE a good argument. If you were trying to defuse this situation you should of worded your post better, but I liked it regardless. :P

Nothing better than a heated debate on an MMORPG forum to pass the time when the servers are down or overly laggy, as long as they don't turn into flame wars. :D

Hopefully more bloodshed will follow, for I love strife. Don't get me wrong though, I love CP and the members in it for they are very nice and helpfull people and I will defend CP to the bitter end.

P.S. Caitiff: point for you, and that backs up my point on using the terrain as an advantage. It's not an exploit to be smarter than your enemy is it?

roninpvp
January 28th, 2005, 06:22 PM
But something tells me that you have done something to aggrivate a member in CP in the past though.

I stored some mats on NPC and several members of your guild CP harressed me for it. Kako send me profanity in tells. Then Malion kept hitting all my nodes for a second so I could not harvest. Zen had me targeted while I was digging telling me "strip mining sucks" (how is a harvester to level if not digging?). Malion and Kako used rude/profane language to tell me not to do this. Before even putting one mat on NPC for temporary storage (only when I need to cause I have no storarage left) I had personally asked a GM if this was allowed (i.e. not an exploit) the GM informed it was allowed and not on the exploit list. Well it got to the point a GM had to state it was allowed in Klients because of all the arguing over it. Bottom line CP thought the game should be played by their rules which I did not and they tried to enforce their rules on me by harressing me.

roninpvp
January 28th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Just want to point out that if someone does this to you just use Ctrl + Space. This will target the player infront of you. This would have fixed that problem :)

That is to target someone friendly in your team. The fact is even with mutliple nodes up from several harvesters its almost impossible to target through it. Add an addtional spawn of tightly clustered plants just adds to an almost impossible task.

gddss
January 28th, 2005, 07:04 PM

I don't know about everyone, but I know for some of my guild and I, this doesn't always work for some reason and I find myself having to straight click on them to get a target. Also, wouldn't it be different in PR anyways since anyone not in your guild or group would be considered as an enemy so wouldn't it not work there anyways?

varelse
January 28th, 2005, 07:04 PM
That is to target someone friendly in your team. The fact is even with mutliple nodes up from several harvesters its almost impossible to target through it. Add an addtional spawn of tightly clustered plants just adds to an almost impossible task.

tried typing /target juggernaut yet?

amcyr
January 28th, 2005, 07:07 PM

You can probably make this one of your macros, too. ;)

gddss
January 28th, 2005, 07:08 PM

hehe I'd like to see someone who can do that before they are nuked to death.

gddss
January 28th, 2005, 07:08 PM
You can probably make this one of your macros, too. ;)

Now that's bad if you have to make it a macro.

sathla
January 28th, 2005, 07:15 PM

I'm not sure what version of SoR or what keyboard you're using but ctrl+space targeted NPCs that were not in my party and were not on friendly status. Example was this: last night Zen asked me if I wanted to take a trip on foot to the Nexus and pick up all the tp tickets on the way there. We started from Thesos and ran by foot all the way to the Nexus. After getting to the nexus Zen left the party to go to bed so me, Juggernaut, Naina, Uilopa, and Morgaine stayed and played around alot in the PvP. I was easily able to target anyone while not in my party in the FFA and non FFA areas. Lastly, Juggernaut put your example of "Add an addtional spawn of tightly clustered plants just adds to an almost impossible task." to the test, he went and HID INSIDE of one of those tall plants that was centered in a large group of them and challenged us to find and kill him, I ran in and again used ctrl+space to target him right off the bat and proceeded to cut him up with my axe.

If ctrl+space doesn't work for you in that way then I'd submit a ticket about it. Maybe you should run the ryzom_recover app and maybe that will fix your problem with it.

This is all else that I'm going to post on this topic, I have nothing more to add to this other than what I have seen and experienced first hand.

roninpvp
January 28th, 2005, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure what version of SoR or what keyboard you're using but ctrl+space targeted NPCs that were not in my party and were not on friendly status. Example was this: last night Zen asked me if I wanted to take a trip on foot to the Nexus and pick up all the tp tickets on the way there. We started from Thesos and ran by foot all the way to the Nexus. After getting to the nexus Zen left the party to go to bed so me, Juggernaut, Naina, Uilopa, and Morgaine stayed and played around alot in the PvP. I was easily able to target anyone while not in my party in the FFA and non FFA areas. Lastly, Juggernaut put your example of "Add an addtional spawn of tightly clustered plants just adds to an almost impossible task." to the test, he went and HID INSIDE of one of those tall plants that was centered in a large group of them and challenged us to find and kill him, I ran in and again used ctrl+space to target him right off the bat and proceeded to cut him up with my axe.

If ctrl+space doesn't work for you in that way then I'd submit a ticket about it. Maybe you should run the ryzom_recover app and maybe that will fix your problem with it.

This is all else that I'm going to post on this topic, I have nothing more to add to this other than what I have seen and experienced first hand.

Ctrl-Space seems to work for the teleporters and teammate and nothing else. Let me guess you guys were still teamed? Have you tried ctrl-spacing a mob?

You guys are seriously funny. I was digging in a field full of prospects while he was at good range away between the plants. Why dont you throw about 16 + sources up. Then start digging wearing no HP gear. As you start digging have a Master of Pain start nuking you while you attempt to stop digging switch out your pick to an weapon or amp. If you manage to do that and stay alive then try to target him (if mage) or run to him (if mele). If you are mele and run to him you wont make it as that will probably be the fourth or fifth nuke thrown at you time for potentially 4 or 5k damage. If you are a mage you will have serious target issues that is widely known to players.

The only reason you made it to him was probably he wasnt spaming nukes at you and if he was you were wearing full hp gear and are at least 220+ mele. And yes if he had told me he was gonna fight I too cold have went up to him to target him. The point is I was far away with many targets in front of me the space bar targetting just targeted nodes or plants.

caitiff
January 28th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Ctrl-Space seems to work for the teleporters and teammate and nothing else. Let me guess you guys were still teamed? Have you tried ctrl-spacing a mob?

You guys are seriously funny. I was digging in a field full of prospects while he was at good range away between the plants. Why dont you throw about 16 + sources up. Then start digging wearing no HP gear. As you start digging have a Master of Pain start nuking you while you attempt to stop digging switch out your pick to an weapon or amp. If you manage to do that and stay alive then try to target him (if mage) or run to him (if mele). If you are mele and run to him you wont make it as that will probably be the fourth or fifth nuke thrown at you time for potentially 4 or 5k damage. If you are a mage you will have serious target issues that is widely known to players.

The only reason you made it to him was probably he wasnt spaming nukes at you and if he was you were wearing full hp gear and are at least 220+ mele. And yes if he had told me he was gonna fight I too cold have went up to him to target him. The point is I was far away with many targets in front of me the space bar targetting just targeted nodes or plants.

I never mentioned anything about you being able to target him as that is a lot you have to do to be able to just fight. I was just talking about in general for other times. Also, there is a difference between space and Ctrl + Space. They are for different things and if it was selecting the nodes you were using space. Just wanted to point that out to everyone for future reference.

josephm
January 28th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Some day you'll find a way to target players over sources and run right through my mine field. You'll blow up to fast to regret it....all you need is a better way to target, and all I need is a mine field!

sathla
January 28th, 2005, 08:21 PM
I wasn't aware that harvesting nodes were PCs in this game, do you converse with them also? Wait.... do you hear them ronin? Do you hear the voices too?!? The harvesting nodes... they tell me things, many many things. They speak to me the secrets of Atys and many other things, like what color is in fashion for a given season. The harvesting nodes are vast in their knowledge of things indeed, if given the chance I suggest that all my fellow homins listen to these wise harvesting nodes.

Incoherent raving aside, as far as I know ctrl+space only targets PCs, PC standing for Player Character being you, me, the other guy, or the chick from the other day that was in that one place killing that one mob with that one weapon. Correct me if I'm wrong on the function of ctrl+space, also I have yet to have this targeting issue while using the space/ctrl+space methods. Using the mouse to target anything in a group is.... not an effective means for targeting due to the rather inaccurate targetting boxes.

Perhaps a GM/mod could clear this little bit up for me? Being right or wrong I'd like to know the exact nature of this O' so mysterious targetting method. For the knowledge of the harvesting nodes is rivaled only by the GMs and devs.

P.S. Baldy, how big of a minefield do you want? I was thinking of making a vast harvesting node field with thousands of sources with a lvl1 harvester on each of them using aggressive and harmfull dig stanzas. I think that would satisfy the minefield part, granted it would be a timed mine and not a proximity mine. It's the best I can come up with on such short notice though, I am open to suggestions myself :D

jdiegel
January 28th, 2005, 09:11 PM
...members of Comitatus Praetorian and Raynes

/bogglesmind

josephm
January 28th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Hey! this topic wasn't about 'space vs ctrl. space' if you go to the beginning. so all this seems pretty incoherent to me. I mean, you're arguing over a game function that all people can experiment with and use...and then you're arguing over the preference of the people who have discovered it's use and whether or not tickets should be submitted over what we all know to be a horrendous targeting system.

I was thinking about time release triggers or contact triggers for node mines. Maybe even hidden mines later on. Just think of all the stanzas! And I did say one day, not today or tomorrow or a year from now...maybe 7 years from now in the last year of ryzom 1. But mark my words! one day!

milfy
January 29th, 2005, 02:27 AM

I dont read the threads and I hate posting in them also, but I was asked to set the story straight.

I was hunting with Neva, Buns, and Milfy. we were all getting along (and if anyone does not know Milfy is my in game wife) until Mr. Grumpy came along.

Well Sinful was upset because he was forging in the pr and was being disturbed NOT KILLED by CP. So to make a lond story short when I went down in team, NO ONE WAS GOING TO HEAL ME!

Now how do I know that he said that?? well I asked Milfy and she could not answer me... Well after 1 min left in time Milfy (my beautiful wife) healed me.

I then walked over to Sin and asked... my would you not heal a team mate, he did not answer me, I then said I have two words for you A** HOLE... I then told him... I will have revenge and CP has a BOUNTY on ur head now...

After this, I then ported out of team and so did Milfy.. Later that night I recieved a pm from NEVA and MILFY telling me that Sinful was wrong and we should of not have done that to you like we did, and they both said SORRY. I replied saying I would have no problem IF (a big if) he killed me in a PVP zone, but to not heal someone who is helping you get XP is flat out wrong.....

Sinful remember this is a game... nothing personal, if you cant take the heat leave the game...

If you kill me i'll tell you good job. i'm not going to cry.

After what you did why should I let you get the goods in a PVP ZONE, ur KARAVAN.

TO ALL GUILDS CP WILL NOT KILL ANY HARVESTERS EXCEPT SINFUL, SO DONT WORRY YOU ALL CAN DIG BUT HIM...... NIGHT AND DAY CP WILL LOOK FOR YOU SIN......

Spike
officer of CP

ps I will not say another word about this.
I do not agree with killing harvesters period, especially memebers of my guild. Sinful was not just harrasssed, Someone from CP stopped him from harvesting by hitting his source.
SPike was only down for a minute and asked me if anyone was goignt o rez him, and I replied yes and rezzed him.
I really dont know how the SInful/Spike thing started but it needs to stop. the harrassment and killing of our guild members harvesting is plainly wrong. I will always defend my guild and do whatever it takes to do that.

Milfy

forever
January 29th, 2005, 03:13 AM
This Spike/Sinful thing has gotten out of control.
To set the story straight I was the one that had the idea to not heal Spike, I was the healer in the group and got fed up with Spike bad mouthing Sinful. CP was messing with one of our members so we messed with one of theirs, why Spike got so overly mad I may never know. Why be mad at just Sinful, I am to blame as well?

After this, I then ported out of team and so did Milfy.. Later that night I recieved a pm from NEVA and MILFY telling me that Sinful was wrong and we should of not have done that to you like we did, and they both said SORRY.
I never said Sinful was wrong, I said I was sorry for what I did.

I will always look for you in PVP and even if your harvesting I will kill you... I will not stop until you step down as guild leader..
Sinful is only the leader because he was the one to start the guild, we all have equal say and decide what we are going to do.

I play this game to have fun, but being harassed in game is not fun.

sathla
January 29th, 2005, 03:26 AM
And I did say one day, not today or tomorrow or a year from now...maybe 7 years from now in the last year of ryzom 1. But mark my words! one day!

Which day was it again? That day or the other day from that one time?

If I were Sinful (and I'm glad I'm not) I would of gone straight to Zen and/or Milfy about this in a private convo and worked it out that way. Posting it up on a public forum is probably the worst way to go about it. I know this from seeing it happen all the time when I played Asheron's Call 2.

I still want to know what happened to the first straw though. We seemed to of skipped past all the other straws and went straight to the last one.

milfy
January 29th, 2005, 03:46 AM

If I were Sinful (and I'm glad I'm not) I would of gone straight to Zen and/or Milfy about this in a private convo and worked it out that way. Posting it up on a public forum is probably the worst way to go about it. I know this from seeing it happen all the time when I played Asheron's Call 2.

I still want to know what happened to the first straw though. We seemed to of skipped past all the other straws and went straight to the last one.
Spike started the postings not sinful.....

roninpvp
January 29th, 2005, 03:53 AM

What started it all was Zen, Malion, and Juggernaut harressing me. Zen knows Malion was harressing me as he was part of the group. To be more accurate Malion was the primary one harressing me while Zen and Juggernaut watched.

vaquero1
January 29th, 2005, 05:27 AM
What started it all was Zen, Malion, and Juggernaut harressing me. Zen knows Malion was harressing me as he was part of the group. To be more accurate Malion was the primary one harressing me while Zen and Juggernaut watched.

What you call harrasment we called harvesting. We taped 5 of your nodes you never said stop. You just keep on harvesting. For a second i tought i had a bot on my hands.

milfy
January 29th, 2005, 06:11 AM
What you call harrasment we called harvesting. We taped 5 of your nodes you never said stop. You just keep on harvesting. For a second i tought i had a bot on my hands.

taped nodes?

Harvesting is one thing, taking others sources is another , Zen

roninpvp
January 29th, 2005, 06:52 AM

Sure Zen lie all you want I have the screen shots to prove that Malions intent was to stop me from getting mats. It was clearly said in around chat and the intent was clearly malicious. And hitting each node for a second and moving to next without collecting any mats is not called harvesting. Morever, it was way more than five nodes. I dont even know how you would know how many nodes malion made unsuable for me. Considering I use multi spot 6 which throws out 8 spots and malion harressed me for multiple throws the number nodes hit adds up real fast. And yes I asked Malion to stop and even stated it was bad manners.....as it was obvious he would not, I just reported him. I was also told by CSR that it was indeed harressment.

iphdrunk
January 29th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Hello,

This is going to be my last post on the subject, and it will be a long post. This post is addressed to all the involved players, including myself. Call me a carebear, call me a peace maker, ignore my post, I'm fine. My goal with this post? forget the whole last week and let it go. Will I succeed? not sure. Do you think I am whinning and as Milfy says "I need cheese"? not really, I'm rather asking. Maybe I need some love :*) or maybe I just need to vent and type....Don't mind my wording tho, english is, to my biggest dismay :D a foreing language to me.

I'm based in Europe. Unfortunately, this means that most days, from 6:00 PM EST to 2:00 AM EST I'm sleeping. You'll say "well, go play EE!"... true.. and I thought about it, but I was in NA shard from the very beginning, I enjoyed going through FBT and I had a great time being in Takashi's FBT-Melinoe. So I stayed. It was also curious to be the very first player in the shard :) I played alone for 2 days and I had the best customer support ever :) 2 GMs per player. This means that I have to stay awake sometimes to share a passion with friends I made. This also means that I cannot witness everything that happens, and that I don't know most things. This is also the reason why I post here (I should not) because I cannot contact you all easily in game.

For starters, I applaud, to some extent, the "loyalty" the each player is showing to his mates. We all make mistakes and bad decisions. I try to get a reasonable view of minor issues even if this may mean that someone on our side did something wrong. Yes, it happens.

A difficult issue in these *games* minor conflicts is the duality "a guild member represents the guild and as such the whole guild is to blame for a member's action" and "it is not because a player is in a guild that I have to take sides and consider long-time friends and nice players as *cough*enemies*" The former is a good means to add roleplay if kept in a healthy RPG-wise and fun way. I fully understand the second.

Let's get things real. Atys is not a hippy world. Some players will not get on well with others and that's a fact. Unfortunately, this is getting too personal. Good friends are feeling harassed. Good friends that play for fun feel like they are at blame. No one objectively can get a full view of the situation. When minor (yes minor) conflict arise, there are always too many "he said/she said", too many "he/she did and I did not". Naturally, we all tend to believe our own guildmates/friends, because we learn to know them, we laugh with them, we play with them a few hours a day.

In this particular case, we are all to blame, we have all made bad choices and it's hard for us to apologyze. My biased opinion on the subject? why stir things up once and again?. If you know that you did something that according to your own principles it's on the edge, think about it. For example, I asked takashi about storing mats on vendors. The official answer was "it is not a bug nor a exploit" YAY, Let's go... you know, I still don't use them, just because I still think I shouldn't, despite how convinient it may be.

I tend to think I'm mature enough to make the difference between a player and a toon. I like the way Raynes, DT and Zen are adding a bit of healthy racial conflict to the game. What is my personal position? I am not mad. Shocked at first? yes. Driven by a real time emotion? yes. I slept since then, and I'm cool. Heck, I did not even get DP actually.

@Zen: you are a good guild leader, as I've been told. I enjoyed playing with Pandorae and Pheid a few months ago. I am going to use this subject as an excuse to jump in and get more involved in the background lore and roleplaying. I'll roleplay a non extremist karavan supporter. I'll clearly make the difference between IG and OOC. We can discuss details OOC, we can roleplay IG. I will not attack harvesters, and, unless consensually, I will not strike first. I can bear up, to some extent, being killed while moving, or even harvesting (well some tribes already do) but racial conflicts do not mean kill on sight. All I ask, is that if OOC I feel like digging quietly for a while, please let me dig for a few, prolly after a pull or two I'll switch to HP gear and we can have some fun PvPing.

@Jug: I've talked to you for a few hours since the early ages. I understand you gave your support to a guildmate when you learnt something that according to your principles was wrong. I don't agree with some things (you could have talked first, I was also there), but it's no biggie...

@Spike: I'm afraid I have not had the chance, for good or bad, to play with you often. For any reason, you wanted your guild to put a bounty on sin's head. Ok it was done. I died too, btw. Now, I am kindly asking you not to have a whole guild hunting him down. Not only because he's a friend, but also because having a whole (large) guild hunting down a single player seems wrong to me (again, own opinion)

In summary, I, for one, am going to go more into a healthy fun RPG. I won't ask a guild member to stop playing with/chatting with/Teamspeaking with any player. Let's just forget this. Right now, I feel sad to see players not having fun. I don't really care about "who was first/wo did what". If every action is going to have a reaction this will never end.

Thanks for reading and bearing with me

Regards,
Anissa

vaquero1
January 29th, 2005, 07:54 AM
I was outnumbered and not armed and just ignored them and waited to see if they would leave or be griefers. Eventually after Malion either ran out of focus or got bored they moved on.

Funny thats not how you explained it in the first post.

forget it
o well you win whatever it is getting old

roninpvp
January 29th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Funny thats not how you explained it in the first post.

Again you lie. That is my first post on this topic. Read the thread again.

Fact you Malion and Juggernaut were around me while Malion harressed me.

Fact we waited minute to rez spike after which he cussed me out.

Fact juggernaut attacked me for Spike while in the middle of a pull with me not realizing the person you mentioned in the post was me. I really had no idea that Spike was being serious in his threats. How should I know that waiting one minute to rez someone would cause so much hatred. You call not healing Spike asap a "crime against CP" what hypocrites you are. Lie all you want you guys started this by harressing me out of the blue. Lets look at the time line.

1.) Kako cursing me out - reported.

2.) Malion hitting my nodes so I could not harvest - reported.

3.) Spike being a giant jerk and threatening us while hunting causing us to wait ONE MINUTE before a rez.

4.) Juggernaut killing me and Anissa while we were peacefully digging even ignoring the other player who had just chased Anissa into agro (he had a pick out now so I left him alone).

bodywand
January 29th, 2005, 08:13 AM

skipster
January 29th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Hello as many of you know my in game name is Malion the accusee of sinfuls accusations.

1. I was tapping his sources becuase he pissed me off in game and i retaliated on him with the intent of interrupting his foraging due to the fact that he puts mats on the vendor for insane amounts of money.

2. He did not sit there and say nothing it was provoked by himself

3. I have had beef ever since melinoe and CP were fighting in nexus and he flat out told his guild members that they "can not" fight with CP due to the fact that we were roleplaying with melinoe, and having some fun.

4.I did not take the stance of killing a harvester I politely asked him to stop storing mats on the vendor. He said "whatever hitting my sources is bad manners"

5. I told him that storing mats on the vendor with no intent to sell is bad manners.

6. another reason i did it is because we have had beef with sin for a while now and it was time for peaceful retaliation we could have killed him but we did not so that says something about character.

Sinful if you want to put the screenies up that is ok by me i encourage you to do so with your guild in which you have about a half a leg to stand on so lets talk if you want to badmouth me and do not send a guild member to do it grow some gonads and stand up to me like a man.

MALION

skipster
January 29th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Sinful storing mats on vendor - Reported

roninpvp
January 29th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Hello as many of you know my in game name is Malion the accusee of sinfuls accusations.

1. I was tapping his sources becuase he pissed me off in game and i retaliated on him with the intent of interrupting his foraging due to the fact that he puts mats on the vendor for insane amounts of money.

2. He did not sit there and say nothing it was provoked by himself

3. I have had beef ever since melinoe and CP were fighting in nexus and he flat out told his guild members that they "can not" fight with CP due to the fact that we were roleplaying with melinoe, and having some fun.

4.I did not take the stance of killing a harvester I politely asked him to stop storing mats on the vendor. He said "whatever hitting my sources is bad manners"

5. I told him that storing mats on the vendor with no intent to sell is bad manners.

6. another reason i did it is because we have had beef with sin for a while now and it was time for peaceful retaliation we could have killed him but we did not so that says something about character.

Sinful if you want to put the screenies up that is ok by me i encourage you to do so with your guild in which you have about a half a leg to stand on so lets talk if you want to badmouth me and do not send a guild member to do it grow some gonads and stand up to me like a man.

MALION

I unlike some abide by the terms of use. Glad you clarified you have intentially targeted me out since back then.

To your comments.

1.) I do store mats on vendor yes but I asked CSR if that was ok and was told it was not against the rules. I put them up for those large amounts so nobody accidently buys my mats with all there dappers. I chose the amount because I believed nobody has that amount in game and I would thus not cause someone grief by accidently buying my mats.

2.) Yes when I saw you guys I said "Sup" ....

3.) I asked others to wait till we all voted on what to do since we have always made decissions as a group.

4.) Hitting a source after source is for the sole intent of making them useless is harressment. Go ahead and do it some more to others and see if that is not the case.

5.) It was clearly told to me by CSR it is not a bug nor an exploit. I even took the thought of making them amounts that were clearly high to prevent people from accidently buying them. If someone wants to by my mats fine thats how much they are worth to me since dappers to me are useless.

6.) Harressment does say alot about your character...

Well since I've said all there is that I believe can be said on this topic I'm done. I will not respond anymore to this thread since I've explained everything to the best of my knowledge.

archie
January 29th, 2005, 08:23 AM
I have seen more crying on this thread than 2 babies that got in a fight.

Sounds to me like some people can't just deal with changing times.

what goes around comes around.

if you can't put up with the same stuff you dish out.
then go to bed. and cry a little more.

iphdrunk
January 29th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Sinful storing mats on vendor - Reported

(Off topic, just to let things clear)
I did not agree with storing mats on the vendor, so I took the right way and asked Takashi about it. GMs view on the subject "storing mats on NPC" (unrelated to this thread) "this is not considered a bug nor a exploit". This behaviour is fine with nevrax, for what it seems. Takashi asked himself to "the powers that be". Sinful is not the only player doing that, and GMs did nevertheless state that touching someone sources to prevent him from digging was indeed considered wrong. I don't think we should chase all players that store mats on NPC just because we think it's wrong.

skipster
January 29th, 2005, 08:27 AM
I unlike some abide by the terms of use. Glad you clarified you have intentially targeted me out since back then.

Definition of Harrasment=the act of tormenting by CONTINUED persistent attacks and criticism.

How many times did i do it ONCE that is not harassment, read the dictionary.

skipster
January 29th, 2005, 08:29 AM
(Off topic, just to let things clear)
I did not agree with storing mats on the vendor, so I took the right way and asked Takashi about it. GMs view on the subject "storing mats on NPC" (unrelated to this thread) "this is not considered a bug nor a exploit". This behaviour is fine with nevrax, for what it seems. Takashi asked himself to "the powers that be". Sinful is not the only player doing that, and GMs did nevertheless state that touching someone sources to prevent him from digging was indeed considered wrong. I don't think we should chase all players that store mats on NPC just because we think it's wrong.

Huh thats interesting i asked if it was against the rules and plangeant said it was and the fact that you openly admit to using the vendor to store mats is interesting to me.

iphdrunk
January 29th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Huh thats interesting i asked if it was against the rules and plangeant said it was and the fact that you openly admit to using the vendor to store mats is interesting to me.

No, I haven't. Find a stack of mine in the vendors, you won't. Quoting myslef
"For example, I asked takashi about storing mats on vendors. The official answer was "it is not a bug nor a exploit" YAY, Let's go... you know, I still don't use them, just because I still think I shouldn't, despite how convinient it may be. "

I asked takashi 3 days ago

archie
January 29th, 2005, 08:35 AM
I have seen more crying on this thread than 2 babies that got in a fight.

Sounds to me like some people can't just deal with changing times.

what goes around comes around.

if you can't put up with the same stuff you dish out.
then go to bed. and cry a little more.
http://www.ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?p=117092#post117092

HAVE A DAY

aelvana
January 29th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Definition of Harrasment=the act of tormenting by CONTINUED persistent attacks and criticism.

How many times did i do it ONCE that is not harassment, read the dictionary.

It's just like the people that cry portal camping when you killed them once there cause that's where you happened to port to to get ready:P

sathla
January 29th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Heh portal camping, brings back alot of nostalgia of porting into The Palisades and getting nuke spammed by 5+ mages as soon as I would port in. Good times those were...

I think a mod should close this thread though, overall it's getting out of control.

P.S. IMO people who store mats on vendors are lame (this includes fellow guildies too >.<), buy a packer or an apartment or put them in the GH or dig a hole and toss them in there and cover it back up. Since not everyone has their price filter on and sometimes you don't look at the price hard enough to see those extra digits at the end. So you might think it's a 10k for whatever mats it actually turns out to be 100k or more and you get a sharp stick in the eye.

aelvana
January 29th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Wow, I just actually read this thread. Sinful, in PvP games, keeping a low profile is the way to avoid PvP. Retaliating in kind will usually get you drawn more into the PvPers game, and trying to psychologically manipulate public opinion in a public forum will put you on top of everyone's list.

I've decided I'm going to break ethics, break the code of conduct, exploit, hide untargettable in terrain, and portal camp ad-nauseum till I spam you with deaths and make you cancel. To those that don't speak Sinful, this means I'm going to kill him once in the PR fair and square.

Oh, and /target works abbreviated. If you're worried about targetting me while I'm exploiting terrain features, just do a /tar ael :)

vguerin
January 29th, 2005, 04:09 PM
You guys have really let this thread go to hell... everyone chiming in to support their side has not made a bad point valid.

The ONLY thing I have seen done seemingly "wrong" by anyone in this thread was the tapping of someones nodes. That is clearly a form of griefing and was done in that intent as well.

Everything else was a PvP zone issue, where you take your chances...

Can we move onto all the fun and killing each other without all the he said/she said stuff... There be kitins in our lands...

To Arms !

Click here to join Melinoe (http://ryzom.twazz.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=916#916)
Ultimate Harvesting Guide (http://ryzom.twazz.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=4)

skipster
January 29th, 2005, 05:28 PM
You guys have really let this thread go to hell... everyone chiming in to support their side has not made a bad point valid.

The ONLY thing I have seen done seemingly "wrong" by anyone in this thread was the tapping of someones nodes. That is clearly a form of griefing and was done in that intent as well.

Everything else was a PvP zone issue, where you take your chances...

Can we move onto all the fun and killing each other without all the he said/she said stuff... There be kitins in our lands...

To Arms !

PVP zone issues aye i have talked to a gm and i have asked him that if every time i see you Sinful i kill you in the PVP Zone that is not harassment it is what they put PVP into the game for and that player killing is a intentional part od the game.

Takashi
January 29th, 2005, 05:49 PM
I apologize for not catching this sooner folks. This thread is closed. I'm sorry to the folks who started the thread, as their intentions seemed fine. Lets keep it civil in the future guys.

Takashi
Ryzom GM
Windermeer Events Team