PDA

View Full Version : [TRIP] Matis to Fyros, a bit different (Saturday 29th, 5pm GMT)

mboeing
January 24th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Hello fellow homins,

many trips have been done from Matis to Fyros the shortest way. I would like to do this trip a little different this time.

Trip will start in Yrkanis (nothing new here)
From there we will head to the PR (Abyss of Ichor) spawn/portal (still the same)
We will enter Abyss of Ichor and move through it to the Nexus spawn/portal (ah here we go)
Then the hard part of the journey will follow, going through the Nexus to the Land of Umbra portal since we will be in PvP area.
From there we will move through Land of Umbra north to the Fyros canyon spawn.
Moving through the canyon will prove difficult as well.
The trip will end in Pyr (hopefully)

Event will be scheduled to take place Saturday January 29th, 5pm GMT

General trip rules apply:

- always follow the leader, people running ahead or not following orders will be kicked out of team and not be rezzed

- staying together is of uttermost importance

- there is always only one leader. If you know things better or think you do. Tell the leader and he can consider it, but dont spam around/region chat with your opinion

- No looting allowed on a trip since it will speed up respawns

- This is not about XP, so only agros in the way will be killed, always watch your target to not accidentially hit non agros or agros far away

- If you can't damage a mob because your melee/ off magic lvl is too low, switch to healer and help where you can.

- Bring enough dappers to buy a few TP tickets on the way. If the group gets wiped after passing a TP that will be the point of regrouping.

Hope to see you there.

borg9
January 24th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Hello fellow homins,

many trips have been done from Matis to Fyros the shortest way. I would like to do this trip a little different this time.

Trip will start in Yrkanis (nothing new here)
From there we will head to the PR (Abyss of Ichor) spawn/portal (still the same)
We will enter Abyss of Ichor and move through it to the Nexus spawn/portal (ah here we go)
Then the hard part of the journey will follow, going through the Nexus to the Land of Umbra portal since we will be in PvP area.
From there we will move through Land of Umbra north to the Fyros canyon spawn.
Moving through the canyon will prove difficult as well.
The trip will end in Pyr (hopefully)

Event will be scheduled to take place Saturday January 29th, 5pm GMT

General trip rules apply:

- always follow the leader, people running ahead or not following orders will be kicked out of team and not be rezzed

- staying together is of uttermost importance

- there is always only one leader. If you know things better or think you do. Tell the leader and he can consider it, but dont spam around/region chat with your opinion

- No looting allowed on a trip since it will speed up respawns

- This is not about XP, so only agros in the way will be killed, always watch your target to not accidentially hit non agros or agros far away

- If you can't damage a mob because your melee/ off magic lvl is too low, switch to healer and help where you can.

- Bring enough dappers to buy a few TP tickets on the way. If the group gets wiped after passing a TP that will be the point of regrouping.

Hope to see you there.

I am in for this :D

redcoat9
January 24th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Another trip.. GOODIE

I will participate as well..

just for fun, as usual.. : )

Thiede
Kami Champion
High Council
Shadows of Dementia

sprite
January 24th, 2005, 06:21 PM
This all sounds very insane.
I'll try to make it ;)

sx4rlet
January 24th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Hehe :D

Count me in too!
Another evening without food is my guess!

Sxarlet

gillest
January 24th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Nice idea, very challenging but I agree with you:
good to find new routes.
I ll try to come as well, if I am not, i will probably be harving in nexus and will /wave to you all =)

Best of luck.
Call if u cannot find any Nexus guide ;)

kyesmith
January 24th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Count me in too! Will round up as many people as i can. Tho it may be too large a challenge.

________________________________-

kye - male zorai
Abys Eye
Melee and healer

dam23
January 25th, 2005, 03:31 AM
sounds nice sky, funny I had planned a trip to fyros for saturday aswell, will make that the short way at 9 pm, so as not to interfere with yours.

sasaj
January 25th, 2005, 10:18 AM
I'll join you in Elusive Forest i guess.

One note:
Be careful about targeting with spacebar in PvP area!

dam23
January 25th, 2005, 10:24 AM
rofl, this alone, makes me wanna join :D
I'll try to attend and get a couple rogue kills lol

mboeing
January 25th, 2005, 11:34 AM
I'll join you in Elusive Forest i guess.

Be careful about targeting with spacebar in PvP area!

Space bar targetting doesnt even work anymore if you are doing a trip/hunt with 2 groups since you tend to target members of the other group.

Its just more deadly in PvP area =P

Imho this is crap. They should switch back to the old system, since hunting mobs is far more common then PvP.

Anyone knows a trick how to get around this problem?

borguk
January 25th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Ill also join you in Elusive forest, be careful at the northern border there where the tree trunk is its a bit aggro packed.

borg9
January 25th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Space bar targetting doesnt even work anymore if you are doing a trip/hunt with 2 groups since you tend to target members of the other group.

Its just more deadly in PvP area =P

Imho this is crap. They should switch back to the old system, since hunting mobs is far more common then PvP.

Anyone knows a trick how to get around this problem?

When it comes to targeting I tend to use ASSIST as it guarantees the correct target...

I have an assist macro on each of my hands bars....

How to create ...

Press shift + K
press 'new macro' button
press 'add command' button
select under catagory the 'Action' command
select under action the 'Target my current Target's Target'
click ok
assign it to a key if you like (make sure its an unused keys as the don't overide already defined keys)
You can also drag and drop the little red icon into an empty 'number' box on your hands bar.

Now to use.

Open your team window - press 'Y'
Select the tank - click on they name in the list.
press the new little icon on your hands bar.

result - target changes from the person you have selected to the thing they were looking at.

Common uses for this:

Carer for a harvester - never worry about selecting the correct spot, just ASSIST and CARE (TM)

Healer/off magic - wana healer your tank, but want to have a blast as well, then use ASSIST and BLAST (TM). This wil result in you being able to select you tank, heal, assist, blast, assist, heal, assist..... etc. If the mob changes target you will always be healer the person its hitting!!!!

you a support tank - select the tank, then ASSIST and WHACK (TM).

all the above brought to you my the power of one ikkle macro!

remember its a target changing macro ... you still need to activate you action before anything happens.

Hope this helps...

johanca
January 26th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Ill try to join in on this trip, sounds VERY fun!

maroo
January 26th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Sounds great fun and I see possibilities of collecting new tickets/spawns. I try to join, (but got 2 birthday parties that evening as well). Seeing it's from 5.00 on, i will be there the first hours.

sprite
January 26th, 2005, 05:29 PM
How un-handy... It seems the GMs have something different planned for the Fyros lands this weekend :(

mboeing
January 26th, 2005, 05:36 PM
How un-handy... It seems the GMs have something different planned for the Fyros lands this weekend :(

I know, I just read it myself. If it conflicts I guess I will have to reschedule this trip =/.

Lets see how much involvement the official event takes.

mboeing
January 31st, 2005, 12:03 AM
After a bit back luck with some patrols at the entrance of Abyss of Ichor it ended up being an almost guild only trip. But we made is as far as the Fyros Canyon spawn.

After that the official event was in full swing and we lacked the manpower to get through the canyon.

seawe
January 31st, 2005, 12:35 AM
Well it didn't start out being all Evolution , the groups kinda got split up in Abyss of Ichor.

But thanks for puttin it together :D I'm very pleased to have gotten to the ElusiveForest...

glynnj
February 3rd, 2005, 11:58 AM
A large group other than yours also managed to get through, after being split off from the main group and being left behind - they also made it through to the burning desert after many little mishaps.

A bit of miscommunication i think - and no ones fault - with that many people going through the abyss it was bound to be chaos - I did try to let you know i knew the route through the easiest way (still not easy) but i think you were probably busy trying to bring order to utter chaos hehe.

Also i must make the comment that a lot of people on the trip werent following the golden rules for such trips (no looting, no pulling mobs, no running off etc) and therefore making it much more difficult for those trying to run the expedition.

If both groups had met when they made it through the abyss the rest of the trip may have been easier - unfortunately when our group got through in the end the other group was logging off (we were at it for a long time so that was understandable)

Its a shame this trip didnt complete the task after getting so far - but i still think its a major achievement that both groups got as far as they did, and i would like to congratulate those that managed to get through to the burning desert in fyros, and also the leaders of the trip for even atempting to take on such monumental task.

A special mention for Aril aswell for guiding our group through the nexus and the lands of umbria. We love you Aril :)
-----------------
Bael, Guild leader of the Stormdancers

mboeing
February 3rd, 2005, 05:54 PM
A large group other than yours also managed to get through, after being split off from the main group and being left behind - they also made it through to the burning desert after many little mishaps.

I know as I was still there when your group arrived. And I tried to lead the remainder of "my" group and your groups through the canyon. Unluckily after the first failed try (due to an unlucky respawn) family obligations called me away.

Great achivement for both groups.

glynnj
February 4th, 2005, 11:41 AM
hehe yes i remember that respawn and the chaos that followed hehe