PDA

View Full Version : Friendly PvP Event: The Grand Alliance vs Triangle Of Truth

sprite
January 25th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Ok as you can see on this thread (http://www.ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10536) vin99 aka Kaboom and I kind of suggested a friendly PvP event between our two alliances (Kami vs Karavan).

So, the plan is to hold this event at 7pm GMT this Saturday (12th Feb) at the Matis Arena. Please consult your guild if you don't yet have a Matis spawn.

It is a Grand Alliance vs Triangle of Truth event, so only those guilds may participate, but anyone else who wants to come and watch is more than welcome :) Unfortunately the Divine Council Of Pyr are apparently busy organising their guild so can't officially be there, but maybe there will be some members turning up; either way it means that it is now 3 guilds vs 3 guilds ;)

Rules:

- Depending on the number of people who turn up, each side will have an equal number of players split into teams.
- The objective is to wipe out the other team.
- No heal spells are allowed: once you are dead you are dead, and in order to stop the "oh he wasn't dead when I cast the spell" situations, you can't heal anyone else at all. Self heals & auras are allowed.
- There will be medics on hand to rez you once you die; quite how this will work will be sorted out between now and the event.
- Depending on how long each match takes, I'm hopeing this will be a "best of three" affair, with whichever team has the most wins being victorious.

This is purely for fun, honour, and bragging rights. No prizes are officially being offered, but if someone wants to craft some cool stuff I'm sure we can sort out a prize giving (maybe for the last-man-standing or something ;) )

I'm not sure if this will actually need any guide/events team involvement, but I'm asking them to turn up anyways :D

kibsword
January 25th, 2005, 04:50 PM
sounds like a fun event to watch, matis arena is probably the easiest pvp area to do it

blogie
January 25th, 2005, 04:59 PM
In ac2 we had a nice thing with the PvsP.

There whos a spot where a serten team kept guard. The attackes must take the posision of the the defenders. As 4 the healing well i can c only 1 way to remedy that. All who ar neked ar the "medics". Thows that ar rezd must go to a serten spot where they w8 till the matsh is over.

I just want to say that if its a large groop some might have dp. But hey dp is not the whorst its the fun that mathers.

If its a guild thing i'm out. imo guild vs guild will have (is having) its time soon enogh

borg9
January 25th, 2005, 05:48 PM
DP - who cares one good hunt or diggin session and its gone (DP also fades while logged off, don't know if this is a permant feature).

Lets get a GM to activate a region as Karavan vs Kami - that feature was in chapter 2 (or did it get dropped?)

As for location ... this is a tough one - no idea of a good location for this type of event.

As for set-up .... battle line with tanks in frontline magi at the back ... then let battle commence.

defalgar
January 25th, 2005, 06:03 PM
wel im in.

we could just make it a battlewhere one team needs to destroy the other(i mean total wipe out) and the dp is solved by having non participating healers on the side. when a certain person is dead for say three min then he is out.

hmm oh wel nvm i already see the confusion.

just total wipe out battle would be very cool the dp i dont find a problem as neun said it fades:)

we would definatly need gm to oversee it to help us and to kill all cheaters hehe

sprite
January 25th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Lets get a GM to activate a region as Karavan vs Kami - that feature was in chapter 2 (or did it get dropped?)
Yeah I think thats still around but there are some members that are in the "wrong" alliance. Clan Omnis' leader is a tryker for example :P

Also I can see a *slight* problem with the "karavan vs kami" problem (it depends if you see the event as alliance vs alliance or kami vs karavan) in that as far as I know the Grand Alliance currently has no Zorai members...

1mage
January 26th, 2005, 09:40 AM
im in :D

rakavich
January 26th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Yeah I think thats still around but there are some members that are in the "wrong" alliance. Clan Omnis' leader is a tryker for example :P

Also I can see a *slight* problem with the "karavan vs kami" problem (it depends if you see the event as alliance vs alliance or kami vs karavan) in that as far as I know the Grand Alliance currently has no Zorai members...

I believe when you enter the zone that is faction based you get to choose for which side you fight.

borg9
January 26th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Is The Grand Alliance not pure Karavan or Kami?

Race has no bearing on religion ..... A Tryker can follow the Kami.

We do have an alternative ....

Trench of Trials PvP area

Grand Alliance can control the Zoria portal
Triangle of Truth can control the Tryker portal

Object - get as many people through the portal on the other side.

Dying and respawning at the opposing sides portal is classed as cheating. Death + respawn = own portal only.
Use of TP allowed - allow for some strategy

would require a CSR at each portal to check for cheats.

What happens in the middle is free for all!

what do you think?

mboeing
January 26th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Trench of Trials PvP area

Grand Alliance can control the Zoria portal
Triangle of Truth can control the Tryker portal

You wont be PvP much since you will have to watch out for agro mobs more then for Homin foes. And wiping out a whole group of the opposing team is just easy by luring a bunch of agros on them using invul.

hans1976
January 26th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Can use a mount for that too :-)

maroo
January 26th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Count me in.

I'm thirsty for Kami-blood. Makes good paint for my light armor craft! :D

edit: it should be team vs. team imo till one team's totally wiped out. DP is just the consequence of the battle. It will give some extra motivation :D

We could make teams of 3-8 and have several teams battle each other. This will be dependant on how much people want to participate. Or do some kind of bo3/bo5 where teams can change their setups in between.

boinged
January 26th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Count me in. I'm not too bothered about the DP and it sounds fun. Perhaps we could make it a bit more interesting with a small prize for the winners ;)

Keeping it as simple as possible is probably the key to success.

sprite
January 26th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Glad to hear that people are interested :D I've got some good response from the leaders of the Grand Alliance as well, so now all we need to do is get the CSRs in on it, and make sure the ToT officially accept :D

One thing tho, I think we should wait maybe a week before doing this until the kitin/karavan/kami craziness in Fyros & Zorai calms down...

blogie
January 26th, 2005, 06:37 PM
IC

I'm confident you guys of The Grand Aliance will kick some karavan but. I will cheer 4 you.

To bad i cant help.

glipe
January 27th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Why not do it somewhere safer? And have it that neither team can win if a member of the opposition is in the opposing base. And do it both ways. So, as an example...

One guild (or group) runs from Davae to Natae, the other runs the opposite way. A percentage of the guild must assemble at the town they run too, within a certain area, without a member of the opposition guild being present in the area. Respawns are limited to the town from which you start. After a team has one, to keep things fair, the positions must be reversed (can wait for the next week, etc).

Players who wish to watch from the sidelines will not be able to get involved without notice being taken. Not many aggro mobs in the area to drag past. The two towns are only examples.

magick1
January 27th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Wouldn't the arena in Matis be a good choise for this?

sprite
January 27th, 2005, 01:13 AM
Wouldn't the arena in Matis be a good choise for this?
Yeah matis arena has been mentioned but I haven't been there yet... I'll take a look at it next time I'm online ;)

defalgar
January 27th, 2005, 09:15 AM
i would say matis arena as wel. and very simple just trash and bash. maybe make several teams of people with almost same lvl. so lvl 0/50 in one team 51/100 and so on and they all fight each other. or we could just have two big groups in a bigg clash which could be very fun to my opinion.
and no prizes this is not a contest its a battle between good(karavan) and evol(kami). the prize wil be glory for the victor and humilliation for the defeated.

vin99
January 27th, 2005, 09:32 AM
WOEHOE fun fun fun :D

lets do this :D

i say matis arena 2 :D

** makes note to make a trip to get everyone there from tryker **

sprite
January 27th, 2005, 11:53 AM
its a battle between good(karavan) and evol(kami).
:O Its the other way round you misguided fool :P

boinged
January 27th, 2005, 03:18 PM
i would say matis arena as wel. and very simple just trash and bash. maybe make several teams of people with almost same lvl. so lvl 0/50 in one team 51/100 and so on and they all fight each other. or we could just have two big groups in a bigg clash which could be very fun to my opinion.
and no prizes this is not a contest its a battle between good(karavan) and evol(kami). the prize wil be glory for the victor and humilliation for the defeated.

Ha ha ha: good vs. evil. I haven't got anything against the Karavan and I'd probably even fight FOR you guys against the Grand Alliance if I was bribed enough.

However, our guild warcry is "Wealth and Glory" so if the general consensus is for the latter then so be it.

The Matis arena sounds good though as long as everyone can get there.

defalgar
January 27th, 2005, 07:00 PM
funny how people take me serious. or is it funny that im taking you serious?
hmm *wanders of*

rakavich
January 28th, 2005, 09:47 AM
funny how people take me serious. or is it funny that im taking you serious?
hmm *wanders of*

Dont worry Long No one takes you seriously.. :D

If this Happens then count me in :)

defalgar
February 5th, 2005, 01:46 PM
ok so now that we have been swearing and shouting at each other. i think it is time to set a date. i propose next saterday evening.

so until then i think we need to decide on the rules. and it would be nice to have some guides or gm to help us or to act as referee.
i also have an idea for the rules. what about a full scale battle ToT vs TGA the battle ends when either side gives up or when one of the alliances is whiped out.
we also need a max of player participating. and a max of rezzes you can have until you are out. i would say three rezzes and the 4th time you are out.

competitors can only be rezzed by outsiders so called medics. so the medics also have to keep track of how many times they rezzed a certain player.
healing is allowed by competitors.
all auras and self heals allowed.
this is all i can think of for now. this battle could be just a part of the full event

what has been decided so far is that it will take place in the matis arena.

sprite
February 5th, 2005, 04:17 PM
ok so now that we have been swearing and shouting at each other. i think it is time to set a date. i propose next saterday evening. Could be good... What does everyone else think?

and it would be nice to have some guides or gm to help us or to act as referee.Shadowweb already gave me her support :)

i also have an idea for the rules. what about a full scale battle ToT vs TGA the battle ends when either side gives up or when one of the alliances is whiped out.
Thats about the only way I can think of doing it yeah :-/

competitors can only be rezzed by outsiders so called medics. so the medics also have to keep track of how many times they rezzed a certain player.
You have to be in the pvp zone to cast a heal spell on someone who is in it. Also keeping a track of the numbers would be hard. Maybe you could have a couple of medics, and anyone whos timer hits 30s for example, can yell out for a medic at which point they get rez'd but have to leave the arena?

dazman76
February 5th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Maybe you could have a couple of medics, and anyone whos timer hits 30s for example, can yell out for a medic at which point they get rez'd but have to leave the arena?

A top suggestion Spriteh :) Paintball-style rules... People who are downed have to leave the fight really, or you'll just have a huge, long slog-fest, and if it the timing is right, you'll never have a full team down at once. With your idea, you could have several rounds if you liked, i.e. best of 3 :)

defalgar
February 5th, 2005, 11:08 PM
yup sounds good.

boinged
February 5th, 2005, 11:31 PM
OOC:

Cool, it looks like it's really starting shape up - those seem like sensible rules. I'll try and get an idea of numbers from The Samsara.

sprite
February 5th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Cool, one thing came up today which hopefully won't affect my ability to deal with this event, but I'm letting you guys know anyways ;)

*Copy/pasted from my post on the CO boards since I cba to type it out again*

Ok guys, just to let you know, City Of Heroes came out todayish and one of my mates bought it. Since it has a "sidekick" scheme, he persuaded me to help him out for 2weeks. So basically I'm gonna be out of the game for that time; I'll hopefully be able to grab some time during the day when he has lectures and I don't, but I guess most of the evenings I'm gonna be playing City Of Heroes.

If any of you guys have/get an account, I'll be on the Defiant server, so leave a note here and I'll look you up

I will ofc still be around on the forums and events *ie this one :p*

- Spriteh

hotman1
February 6th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Cant wait for this, shud be extremely fun :P

, Exiro

defalgar
February 7th, 2005, 09:25 PM
when does the event start?
7pm cet? this saterday?

sprite
February 7th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Make it 7pm GMT and it sounds fine to me :D

*updated first post with full details*

defalgar
February 8th, 2005, 09:40 AM
ok sounds good to me. ill put it up on our forums.

andreaw
February 12th, 2005, 03:15 AM
Oh that's nice - the csr are promoting this event too :)

http://ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10840

defalgar
February 12th, 2005, 11:27 AM
really nice hope alot of people will be there.

dazman76
February 12th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Looking forward to the Saturday night entertainment :)

defalgar
February 12th, 2005, 09:14 PM
very sorry i wasnt there but ryzom decided to act strange and not work had to reinstal it and patching as i type.
anyway i heard ToT got ripped apart. lol doesnt matter i heard xorte had fun dont know about the others heard they started to get pissed :D
anyway hope there will be another PvP that i can join then you guys can rip me apart as wel :P

thewarcc
February 12th, 2005, 11:42 PM
This was a superb event!!
Can't wait for the next one

gillest
February 12th, 2005, 11:46 PM
Was really fun indeed Rofl ;)

Can't wait for the next one indeed.
The final "blast them all, last one standing" part was real chaos but most funny thing ever!!! :)
GZ n TX lol

darpz
February 13th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Well u got ur friendly PvP contest, hope u all enjoyed it :D
All i need say now is RIP

sprite
February 13th, 2005, 01:06 AM
LOL I'm glad you all enjoyed it :) It sounds like you enjoyed watching/participating as much as I enjoyed organising :p Thanks to all the players & CSRs who attended :)

I did miss you there Longblade :( Was it something to do with Ryzo not letting you log in (freezing at the loading page?) because one of my guildies had that today and couldn't attend either :(

As for the results, The Grand Alliance won all of the matches, all within less than a minute I think ;) We allowed full healing for the alliance matches, so I'm glad to see it didn't drag it out as long as I worried it would :)

A breakdown for anyone who couldn't attend:

First match: TGA win. Over in about 30seconds :) The ToT complained that they couldn't hear my start countdown in the Around chat because the arena was too big... I think this needs to be sorted out because it was a shame to have to do everything in Region :-/

Second & Third Match: TGA win. I started the 2nd one by standing in the middle of the two teams and /shout ing it out. Calebrien (sp?) the Guide helpfully started all the matches using Region after this :)

Fourth match: We invited the spectators to join in on the ToT side because they were a little understaffed. TGA still wiped the floor with them ;) It just took a little longer :p

It was a shame we couldn't have a proper Last Man Standing match, but I think people got a little crazy with all the killing ;)

sx4rlet
February 13th, 2005, 01:27 AM
It was a lot of fun, thanks both alliances for making this possible!

The Triangle of Truth had a hard day I guess, even with all the help
they could get...

And I cannot remember being rushed by all kind of Fyros this fast, wanting to kill me :D

sprite
February 13th, 2005, 01:48 AM
And I cannot remember being rushed by all kind of Fyros this fast, wanting to kill me :D
Hehe, I bet they normally want to do something else with you? ;)

norvic
February 13th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Was good fun although abit choatic. Thanks to Spriteh for getting the ball Rolling. Maybe a team event in rounds like the boxing another time?

Exiro your spellsss hurtssss :)

boinged
February 13th, 2005, 12:06 PM
I really enjoyed the event: mages busy healing went down about as fast as a nettled timari (except when they ran away :) ) and the whole alliance picking off the last few was hilarious.

The only solution I could find to stop people healing during the "last man standing" was to go after these do-gooders, even those that kept healing me!

I think the Arena should employ a Master of Conflict to keep a tally of all that have won or lost there as I was too busy to scratch their names into my sword.

Well done Spriteh for controlling a bunch of bloodthirsty combatants!

defalgar
February 13th, 2005, 12:12 PM
well i would like another pvp soon. what do you say spriteh?

am still puzzled why so little of ToT showed up. anyway

sprite
February 13th, 2005, 01:43 PM

Sure, I'm up for it if you guys show up this time ;)

Just not *too* soon, otherwise the events will lose their impact and become commonplace :-/

defalgar
February 13th, 2005, 03:39 PM
yup was not thinking of next week ;)
more like in a month or so

dazman76
February 13th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Report and screenies here:

:)

thewarcc
February 13th, 2005, 03:57 PM

DO THAT!!!!!

glipe
February 13th, 2005, 05:24 PM
glad it sounds like everyone had fun even if there were only a few of us ToT there.
sorry i couldnt make it myself but it might explain a few absences as BT servers were down, taking 1.5 million people with them.
hope to be there for the next event :)

seren - officer of the ravens

sprite
February 13th, 2005, 11:35 PM
And the screenie everyone wants to see: Lots of dead karavan worshippers ;) (http://www.neom.ca/~sprite/images/dead_karavan.jpg)

defalgar
February 13th, 2005, 11:52 PM
would be nice we could see it. or is it just me?

sprite
February 13th, 2005, 11:55 PM
would be nice we could see it. or is it just me?
O_o works for me... there could be some trouble tho, so I've reposted it.

defalgar
February 14th, 2005, 10:00 AM
oh they are matis. the only matis i trust are the ones from phaedrea's tears.
:D

dakhound
February 14th, 2005, 10:11 AM
sorry i couldnt make it myself but it might explain a few absences as BT servers were down, taking 1.5 million people with them.
hope to be there for the next event :)

seren - officer of the ravens

hehehhe blame BT for the glorious defeat :P

defalgar
February 14th, 2005, 11:50 AM
wel we knew we would be slaughtered before we started :) so we are not looking for excuses