PDA

View Full Version : A warning to Fyros and Zorai

shadowweb
January 26th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Scouts have reported strange Kitin activity in these two lands, together with some mysterious Karavan action that appears to be sanctioned if not actively encouraged, by the Kami.

We do not yet have an overall picture of what is causing this new turbulence, but it seems that the Kitins may be building fresh base camps close to the source of the Karavan presence in both territories.

From there it would be but a short distance to strike at a major city – please be on your guard as we are expecting things to escalate this weekend. Indeed Fyros intelligence suggests Saturday for a likely Kitin thrust, and Zorai spies report hearing plans being made for mid evening.

dakhound
January 26th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Scouts have reported strange Kitin activity in these two lands, together with some mysterious Karavan action that appears to be sanctioned if not actively encouraged, by the Kami.

We do not yet have an overall picture of what is causing this new turbulence, but it seems that the Kitins may be building fresh base camps close to the source of the Karavan presence in both territories.

From there it would be but a short distance to strike at a major city – please be on your guard as we are expecting things to escalate this weekend. Indeed Fyros intelligence suggests Saturday for a likely Kitin thrust, and Zorai spies report hearing plans being made for mid evening.

so the karavan ARE in league with the kitins, matis and tryker repend and you will not be caught up in the upcoming slaughter.

we shall repel these foul beasts and then under the guidence of the kami we shall wreak revenge on all their allies

hans1976
January 26th, 2005, 04:38 PM
OOC: Why do Fyros and Zorai get all the fun?
------------------
IC:
Dakhound, you witless foul! Did we not fight side by side against the kitin? Did Jeena not revive us both? You trust rumours to destroy the fragile trust that is still a newborn? Have you learned NOTHING?

The Karavan and Kami are not our enemies, nor our allies, they are outlanders on our fair planet and guard and help us as we were their children. And like children we act, when fighting over a *presumed* betrayal of my Fyros and Zorai brothers and sisters!

No, I will nor hear, nor speak of this unless you are a homin with reason, for Homin are we all. Coming weekend I will travel to Zorai and assist where I can, when I can. Any Tryker that is brave as we are small, come to arms! People of Matis, travel swift as wind to Fyros, make a stand! Let us not fail Atys, let us not fail Jeena!

dakhound
January 26th, 2005, 04:47 PM
(IC) I applaud you intentions homin and only time will prove your sincerity but the evidence points in the direction of your beloved karavan masters. Will you serve them and in doing so serve the kitins or will you stand alongside you homin brethen and rid the land of both of these enemies.

mikelaw
January 26th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Aye keep calm about the rummors as they are just rummors.

In the overall who ever is adding the Kitins will suffer but until we have full prove who is doing what keep the aggressive comments to a min pls ;)

Anyway "DOWN WITH THE KITIN" *Climbs into a cave to sharpen his sword of nanas*

Keep us up to date :)

Cheers

kaetemi
January 26th, 2005, 05:01 PM
In Dyron (Fyros) I saw the complete collection of karavan spaceships, except the big one like at the yrkanis and fairhaven respawns. There also were some Yellow Karavan creatures there.

rakavich
January 26th, 2005, 05:12 PM
so the karavan ARE in league with the kitins, matis and tryker repend and you will not be caught up in the upcoming slaughter.

we shall repel these foul beasts and then under the guidence of the kami we shall wreak revenge on all their allies

together with some mysterious Karavan action that appears to be sanctioned if not actively encouraged, by the Kami.

Calm down there
The Kami have allowed the Karavan into their lands.
Maybe even asked the Karavan to help......

dakhound
January 26th, 2005, 05:45 PM
(OOC)

rather strange direction this is going dont you think not what I was expecting. I hope it does not involve the following process =
digging for mats - to craft some packs - to make some guards - to go fight the kitens - who kill them all - and repeat until you get pissed off and dont bother to turn up any more.

also hope they turn off DP again, I'm looking forward to kickin a little kitin shell.

(IC)

Grudgingly I will respect the kamis wish and allow you onto our dunes but trust, I will never.

hans1976
January 26th, 2005, 05:53 PM
(IC) I applaud you intentions homin and only time will prove your sincerity but the evidence points in the direction of your beloved karavan masters. Will you serve them and in doing so serve the kitins or will you stand alongside you homin brethen and rid the land of both of these enemies.
(IC)
My *masters*? Whom I *serve*?
I am servant to none, no Kami, no Karavan, no Kitin and most certain no Homin will EVER call me their slave or servant!

Yes, I will stand alongside my Homin brethren and fight those who enforce us, those who claim us to be theirs. Any creature that threatens me and my fellow Tryker, Fyros, Matis or Zorai Homin will go down. May they be Kitin, Kami or Karavan, we are nobody slave!

Lest we not forget the Kami intolerance when harvesting the hard needed materials to fight the Kitin. Lest we not forget the Karavans arrogance. And most of all, remember the blood spilled by countless and crazy insects invading *our* lands, the land of our fathers and grandfathers, our mothers and grand mothers. The land that will be our children to come.

And where does thou see the Goo? Is this driving us all crazy over a rumour? What do the recon teams of our lands tell us about that?

------------
OOC: family obligations will prevent me from actually be present. Somehow it just doesnt feel right to tell my children daddy will not be taking them to their aunti, cause of a computer game. I am sorry, but may I pretent I am there or at least will be? I like the roleplaying...

blogie
January 26th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Wrong triad

akita47
January 26th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Will there be event teleports? :D

pinguini
January 26th, 2005, 09:37 PM
(IC)
My *masters*? Whom I *serve*?
I am servant to none, no Kami, no Karavan, no Kitin and most certain no Homin will EVER call me their slave or servant!

(IC)
Indeed Homin,
well spoken. I myself will not be pressed into slavery. We have been slaves, slaves of the Kitins, slaves of our fear, slaves of war among us, that has long passed. And as the war between the Homins of all lands have passed, so should the rivalary between us.
We know not much about either the Karavan nor the Kamis. We don't know much about their intentions,so lets be honest to ourselves. They may have helped and saved us, but the "why?" was never told.
Who knows what both of those sides have planned for us? I think only time can tell, my dear Homins.

But as for now, there is a common threat. The Kitíns have come back and all Homins, no matter what lands they came from, have spilled their blood to fight this menace. Now some of you may think that I speak all this, because my homelands are at danger but in that case, I was fighting on the side of Matis during the latest Kitinwar.

This time, no matter what is behind it, we will have to stay together again. Not as rivals but as a strong Army of Homins who will fight the Kitins over and over again, until Atys is free of them, free of fear.

Stand up Warriors and Mages. Stand and Fight for our all world.

--------
(OOC) I still don't have the Tryker spawn.. *sigh*
Would have liked to fight here, too.
Same as Zorai, only got the spawn after the war.
But hell.. this will be interessting
(I love you GMs and Guides for adding more and more content and story and... *rawr*!!)

boinged
January 28th, 2005, 11:47 AM
A preliminary scouting mission by a few of The Samsara acted on information provided by Kaetemi of Outlaws. Increased Karavan presence has been confirmed at the Dyron Karavan altar on the North-West wall. Strangely, sources of kitin secretion are randomly forming in this area too. More information as this unfolds...

richaden
January 28th, 2005, 12:08 PM
A preliminary scouting mission by a few of The Samsara acted on information provided by Kaetemi of Outlaws. Increased Karavan presence has been confirmed at the Dyron Karavan altar on the North-West wall. Strangely, sources of kitin secretion are randomly forming in this area too. More information as this unfolds...

IC:

This entire turn of events puzzles me. The increased Karavan presence in Kami-aligned territories at any other time would be seen as aggression, but it seems they were invited by the Kami. I am interested to see this act of unity, perhaps the Karavan and Kami are following in the example of the Homin actions of late, and bridging some of the rifts between Karavan and Kami followers.

As yet I have not heard of any increased Kitin presence in Matis and Tryker territories, only some Overlords in the Trove which seem remnants of the recent invasion.

History and Lore brings predjudice upon my Race regarding relations with other Homins, but as a Homin I am dedicated to the eradication of the Kitin menace. Should conflict come to the surface once more, wherever it be, I shall be there, fighting to put it down.

shadowweb
January 28th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Saturday evening at 8 pm gmt will witness what is behind the covert Karavan activity recently witnessed in Zorai and Fyros. No-one can work out the cause of these uncharacteristic incursions, and why indeed the Kami are permitting such a heavy Karavan presence.

Also giving great reason for concern is the fact that the Kitins may be building fresh base camps close to the source of the Karavan presence in both territories. Both of these places are within an easy strike of major population centers, and no one wishes to see a return to the terrible war of the last few months. Indeed it was assumed that the Kitin were beaten too soundly to be attempting any sort of major reprisal yet.

There is some mystery here to be unraveled, and doubtless great glory to be won. Will this change the face of Atys for ever? Don’t miss the continuing adventure!

shadowweb
January 29th, 2005, 02:07 PM
And the latest information to come in suggests a rough location for the strange goings-on. In the Burning Desert, in Fyros they seem to be concentrated on the southern end of Dunes of Exile, while they are focused on the Great Outback in Zorai Witherings. Special attention should be paid to these areas!

dam23
January 29th, 2005, 03:02 PM
aaaack 8 PM, thats the hour at which I planned my matis->fyros trip!
baaad shads, bad shads

boinged
January 29th, 2005, 04:30 PM
During the second Samsara scouting trip we followed the West wall from the Karavan presence, Southwards. Apart from a few skirmishes with Frahars and seeing a number of deserted and destroyed outposts there didn't seem to be much on our route.

Closer to the Southern end of the Dunes of Exile we did spot a portal in a cave, but the way was blocked by boulders. Perhaps this was a natural rockfall or perhaps it was placed there to keep us out... or something else in!

I'm told though that this passageway is nothing new, so maybe we need to widen the area of our search? Do any other scouts have anything to report?

redcoat9
January 29th, 2005, 05:27 PM
During the second Samsara scouting trip we followed the West wall from the Karavan presence, Southwards. Apart from a few skirmishes with Frahars and seeing a number of deserted and destroyed outposts there didn't seem to be much on our route.

Closer to the Southern end of the Dunes of Exile we did spot a portal in a cave, but the way was blocked by boulders. Perhaps this was a natural rockfall or perhaps it was placed there to keep us out... or something else in!

I'm told though that this passageway is nothing new, so maybe we need to widen the area of our search? Do any other scouts have anything to report?

The Shadows of Dementia spent last evening scouting all the regions of the witherings, but did not see any new signs of kitin. Even in the great outback there was nothing new. The portal in the great outback was also blocked by rubble. (as usual)

Thiede
Kami Chamipion
Council, Shadows of Dementia

sprite
January 29th, 2005, 07:27 PM
A scouting team from Clan Omnis confirms nothing new & interesting in the area... Perhaps the "intelligence" is from a karavan source? ;)

Seriously tho, the new karavan spaceship at the tp is not like the others; it has "pincers" on it... Perhaps it will dig away the rocks covering the portal, and lead us to a new region? *heres hoping*

dam23
January 29th, 2005, 11:26 PM
About this event:

<constructive criticism>

-I don't quite see the point there was in having a massive kinrey spawn 20m from everyone, to get a full wipe (details at http://ryzom.info/images/screenshot566.jpg) , even though I understand an event with absolutely no danger isnt fun either.

-Once we had managed to clear our way, to reach the Zorai side, we were stuck in the tunnel and those that didnt have a ticket to Zora had to wait quite some time, before they could finally make it to the other side and "help" (help here being celebrate with the others, since they couldnt help cause they had no TP). Therefore, would have been nicer imo if we had been able to help the zorai for real, by attacking the kitin menace from behind

-Lastly, the warriors didnt get a lot of chances to land a hit on the mobs. Appart from the boss, of course.

</constructive criticism>

Nice event even though it became a bit boring in the end.

grimjim
January 30th, 2005, 01:33 AM
"-I don't quite see the point there was in having a massive kinrey spawn 20m from everyone, to get a full wipe (details at http://ryzom.info/images/screenshot566.jpg) , even though I understand an event with absolutely no danger isnt fun either."

That would be my only criticism really this time.
That and being led en masse into Aen by our guide :P

I think the fact that an entre server's worth of players were annihilated in 10 seconds flat by Aen serves to show that the bandit lord types are a LITTLE overpowered at the moment.

"-Once we had managed to clear our way, to reach the Zorai side, we were stuck in the tunnel and those that didnt have a ticket to Zora had to wait quite some time, before they could finally make it to the other side and "help" (help here being celebrate with the others, since they couldnt help cause they had no TP). Therefore, would have been nicer imo if we had been able to help the zorai for real, by attacking the kitin menace from behind"

You could have gone back around the other way and done something else, to be fair.

"-Lastly, the warriors didnt get a lot of chances to land a hit on the mobs. Appart from the boss, of course."

Lots of dead giant mobs makes targetting REALLY bloody hard.
We need a 'target nearest enemy' key or something. Spacebar doesn't cut it.

And things should spawn at a distance really, unless there's a new 'trapdoor spider' kitin :) Oh and a greater spread of difficulty on the invasion mobs would also be nice, rather than easy-easy-easy BOSS. :)

Otherwise, MUCH better than the week long invasion.

usinuk
January 30th, 2005, 02:26 AM
I'd also add that given there was no real way to get close to the event without making a long, relatively dangerous run (at least on the Zorai side), it kind of makes the argument about being stuck behind the boulder in Fyros more pressing. I have the Zorai spawn, but even with that it wasn't a particularly easy run until you got a group or two together.

Maybe a temporary TP set up would fix this. Otherwise agree with the points raised above.

Although then again, I'm still not sure running through Undersprings to get between the two lands wouldn't still be easier, but maybe that's just me. And I do hope there wasn't a whole lot of programming put into this; there are a lot higher priorities out there to implement.

Still, better than average Saturday night event.

kostika
January 30th, 2005, 04:01 AM
Temporary TPs would be a very good plan. Even teleporting people to the other side, or nearby would've been good. Getting to the Zorai side wasn't easy, and by time some of us got there, the boss was dead.

A small suggestion about the follow the leader thing. Not altogether bad, but a couple suggestions.

Make sure the leader knows the lay of the land. Getting lead right into Aen was not a good start to our evening. No DP, but still no fun.

Which leads me to the second suggestion. The leader waiting for people to spawn. Some of us got insta-spawned, thus we spawned in places like Thesos and Pyr. Very frustrating trying to find the leader who has already run way ahead without half the people.

Still the event was good and it has added more to the story. Things have been leading up to this portal in the last event also. So more story and a few hours of fun.

Good job.

kaetemi
January 30th, 2005, 10:08 AM
I think the fact that an entre server's worth of players were annihilated in 10 seconds flat by Aen serves to show that the bandit lord types are a LITTLE overpowered at the moment.I agree..
But there's another fact that most of the people were doing nothing..

predzz
January 31st, 2005, 04:39 PM
Would be great if they up some event spawns/tps close to where all the action is.
The party from Pyr stopped by Dyron on the way, so most zorai/fyros got the spawn. However, the karavan forces which were mainly tryker/matis dont get a spawn and have to buy a ticket. Those that didnt get a chance to buy a Dyron ticket had to spawn in Pyr... Reminds me of Bounty Beaches....

The best part of the evening for me was the event guide leading us all to Aen. Unintentionally or not it was damn funny to see such a large army ( 100? ) get torn apart by Aen's guards:

http://users.skynet.be/dewilde.matthias/aen.jpg

The kitin wall was ridiculous though, i think it should be at least possible to beat Kipuryk and free the portal without having to die...

http://users.skynet.be/dewilde.matthias/kitinwall.jpg

It was fun, but rather short on the Fyros side which i was with. Not being able to target mobs (because of spacebar also selecting players) made it pretty much impossible for me to do anything at all except heal since with all the spam/lag and dead kitin lying around i could only select a kitin when i was at the front of the group.

sx4rlet
January 31st, 2005, 06:35 PM
Make sure the leader knows the lay of the land. Getting lead right into Aen was not a good start to our evening. No DP, but still no fun.

Yeah.. I have been killed 4 times by Aen now.. And still I havent seen the golden armored chick!!
This is getting frustrating...

Sxarlet

dazman76
January 31st, 2005, 07:33 PM
I agree..
But there's another fact that most of the people were doing nothing..

Not quite sure what you mean there Kae :) At least from my point in view, it went like this:

The group reached a hilltop
We went over the hilltop
Straight after the hill was Aen's camp
Range shots started to hit the group
Virtually all of the group was wiped

This all happened in 5-10 seconds. I'll admit I was doing nothing during that time except watching our team drop in the team window. I'm not sure what I could have been doing to help to be honest - I was healing, and had at least 6 people down at once, including another potential healer...

dakhound
February 1st, 2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah.. I have been killed 4 times by Aen now.. And still I havent seen the golden armored chick!!

Sxarlet

I saw Aen and there was no bodyguard..............then they appeared out of thin air and killed us

blogie
February 1st, 2005, 01:46 PM

Sxarlet

Not a big loss she is bald /yuk

morzyr
February 2nd, 2005, 01:08 AM
One thing i would like to see, is an end info on screen the the event is over.
Not the the day after.

Tyr.

magick1
February 2nd, 2005, 05:20 AM
One thing i would like to see, is an end info on screen the the event is over.
Not the the day after.
Don't remember any event were there wasn't a MOTD or server wide message(s).
On a similar note, more info/text about what the event means sure would help keep the interest up.
Put info in the encyclopedia, it is pretty empty...

dam23
February 2nd, 2005, 10:33 AM
empty ? talk about yours ;)