PDA

View Full Version : Fyros and Zorai Lands Detect Kitin Movement

Takashi
January 26th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Homins, these beasts waste little time. We do not know what they are after this time, but the Kitin have emerged again as threats to the Zorai and Fyros lands. I will inform you when I know more, but in a few days time, be ready Homins, for these are my homelands, and I beseech the aid of any who would come to our call.

In Vigilance
Mynias

malkor
January 27th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Despite our hatred of the Kami, Gladius Jenae will honor the mutual-defense pact set town by our leaders, as we will any directive from King Yrkanis. The Fyros and Zorai our not our enemies, and we hope our total devotion to the Goddess will prove a beacon to all followers of the Kami that the ways of the Karavan are truer than the vile creatures could ever even pretend to harbor.

Mai,
Priestess of the Gladius Jenae

walshie
January 27th, 2005, 03:46 PM
If you shal keep informing us we will push forth and help who ever is in need I am a fellow zorai and would never let the likes of kitin near my home land. goodluck and live long in prosper

sidusar
January 27th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Sounds like the upcoming Silver Watch caravan travelling between Yrkanis and Pyr will be right in time to give the younger Matis, who have never before been to the lands of the Fyros or Zorai, a chance to offer what assistance they can in the defense of all hominkind.

(Don't you dare start this event before the trip of next Saturday now. That would probably lead to the trek being cancelled, thus causing me to miss both the trek and the event.)

josephm
January 28th, 2005, 01:08 AM
CP and Infinity will be able to handle Zorai easily enough, along with our Commrades in Fyros. Matis and Tryker will have to pay to help!

2reddy
January 28th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Let them come! They'll have no chance against such warriors.

Takashi
January 28th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Homins, I bring further news from the kitin fronts in the Burning Desert and Witherings. They are preparing camps on the edges of both lands. In the Burning Desert, they seem to be concentrated on the southern end of Dunes of Exile, while they are focused on the Great Outback in Witherings. I have also noticed a peculiar calming of tensions between the Kami and Karavan of the areas at this time, I hope we will know more of this soon. But at the rate the kitin are progressing, they will be upon us by tomorrow evening, ready yourselves now homins, for tomorrow we must fight!

In Solidarity,
Mynias

raynes
January 28th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I have also noticed a peculiar calming of tensions between the Kami and Karavan of the areas at this time, I hope we will know more of this soon. But at the rate the kitin are progressing, they will be upon us by tomorrow evening, ready yourselves now homins, for tomorrow we must fight!

In Solidarity,
Mynias

I can see where this is going, next you will announce that the Kami and Karavan have agreed to put their differences aside so that all homins may fight together against a problem that effects all of Atys, the Kitin. Players start to RP and show interest in one area of the story. It doesn't fit in with the planned story so you add something to drive a nail into the rp and force them into the area you want them to be interested in. I really hope this isn't the case and I am proved wrong.

gddss
January 28th, 2005, 07:11 PM
If you shal keep informing us we will push forth and help who ever is in need I am a fellow zorai and would never let the likes of kitin near my home land. goodluck and live long in prosper

Hiyas Walshie! lol

varelse
January 28th, 2005, 07:40 PM
I can see where this is going, next you will announce that the Kami and Karavan have agreed to put their differences aside so that all homins may fight together against a problem that effects all of Atys, the Kitin. Players start to RP and show interest in one area of the story. It doesn't fit in with the planned story so you add something to drive a nail into the rp and force them into the area you want them to be interested in. I really hope this isn't the case and I am proved wrong.

I doubt that's their intention, Raynes. Were you at the Pyr summit?

http://www.ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5712

Roleplaying takes many forms, and those working for homin unity against the kitin threat also have a role to play on Atys =)

They've also promised that during some events, whole regions will be turned into Kami vs Karavan faction pvp battlegrounds. There will be plenty of room for both the peace conference/negotiator types and the die-hard faction pvp fans in this game. Give it time...

josephm
January 28th, 2005, 07:41 PM
/ooc Raynes considering how long it takes them to program this stuff, make new graphics for boss mobs etc. This was going on long before some of the RP threads. Remember we are still relatively new to the game! Even then, despite tribal differences there will be spikes along the road where an outside force creates alliances that were totally unthinkable....like us putting saddam hussein in power...then tearing him down for the 'greater good' of GW & Pal's wallets. You can still RP decension among the ranks. Look at my post. I prefer not to talk the flower talk but I still take my in-game sides seriously. As far as I'm concerned we can help ourselves and Matis and Tryker can just stay out!!!

Imagine how things will escaltate as they run a few of the events in the ToT/Nexus :)

IC/ BRING IT SUCKERS!!!

raynes
January 28th, 2005, 07:50 PM
/ooc Raynes considering how long it takes them to program this stuff, make new graphics for boss mobs etc. This was going on long before some of the RP threads. Remember we are still relatively new to the game! Even then, despite tribal differences there will be spikes along the road where an outside force creates alliances that were totally unthinkable....like us putting saddam hussein in power...then tearing him down for the 'greater good' of GW & Pal's wallets. You can still RP decension among the ranks. Look at my post. I prefer not to talk the flower talk but I still take my in-game sides seriously. As far as I'm concerned we can help ourselves and Matis and Tryker can just stay out!!!

Imagine how things will escaltate as they run a few of the events in the ToT/Nexus :)

IC/ BRING IT SUCKERS!!!

Your right. I hope we have other problems besides the Kitin soon though.

zumwalt
January 28th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Imagine how things will escaltate as they run a few of the events in the ToT/Nexus

As the raid system stands with PvP involvement, I will refuse to participate in the events like these because frankly, the AE bombs of the casters will whipe out all the groups of players before it will the Kitin.

Personally I was hoping they would back off the raids until they actually did something about raid groups.

Sadly this is not the case, here we are again, thrown into some Kitin event with broken targeting system, frankly its becoming pointless.

josephm
January 28th, 2005, 09:42 PM
/OOC Well you have to admit that battle IS hectic. Especially when you're fighting two story bugs and standing between their legs.

As far as the PvP element, for non-pvp I do understand how you feel. However, Pro-FFA style players such as myself find the idea appealing. For instance, I set off a mortar and it goes straight up..and down..Am I expected not to be hurt? I think it adds a new element of strategy to the chaos! Level up those noobs! we can't always be rezzing them!

IC/ Even should blood run through the sacred jungles, times would indeed be nessicarily desperate for my feelings to be set aside as easily as the Kami. I will not harbor those who would rape our land and terraform it into unnatural states. A machine who's soul purpose is to purge our souls of any kinship of our heritage and hearts.

zukor
January 30th, 2005, 04:51 PM
So what's going on with the kitin now?

Doctor Z.

Takashi
February 2nd, 2005, 04:50 PM
Homins, I am overjoyed at your continued progress against the kitin threat. It seems that the Kami and Karavan were able to put aside their differences for long enough to create a passage between Fyros and Zorai. The kitin seemed to recognize that this would bypass the roots between the lands, and seeing a threat, they set out to stop the project. They created camps on either side of the portal, and lay in wait for the Homin.

The Fyros lands were freed first. Having pushed back the assault on the town, my people, and our allies rushed to the kitin encampment. They lay waste to the defenders, and beset the kipuryk. After a long battle, the Homins stood victorious over the bodies which lay strewn on the ground. They had liberated the tunnel, and now needed only clear away the rubble blocking the path. The Zorai, however had only begun.

Calling on aid from any who would answer, the Zorai defended Jen-Lai against the onslaught. After repelling the attack, they quickly made their way to the kitin camp. Calling upon the Kami to bless them for battle, the Zorai and their allies fell upon the camp, slashing at the kitin with fervor. They destroyed the defenders, and turned to the Kipuryk. The combined force of the Homins felled the beast, and victory was at hand. The tunnels were cleared, and at long last, there was a safe passage between the Burning Desert and Witherings.

Homins you have proven yourselves time and again. Stand tall friends. Be proud.

Mynias