PDA

View Full Version : Test of Nerves - Prime Roots - Sunday 13th March - 8.30pm GMT

Tidings
March 9th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Homins, I bring you tidings of potential bloodshed in the Prime Roots.

The Kami challenge the Karavan in a test of strength, determination, team-work and tactics in the Trench of Trials, Umbra on Sunday 13th March at 8.30 pm GMT.

Kami brethren - call your brothers and sisters to arms!

Karavan worshippers - equip you men and your women!

More I cannot tell you now, for I would not wish to give either side an unfair advantage.......

Homins, I bring you further tidings......

A scout has discovered the Kami and Karavan camps in the Prime Roots and has supplied us with a map of the camp locations; please rally your forces at your camp and wait your leader's instructions

www.uo.jolt.co.uk/images/scout_report.jpg

seawe
March 9th, 2005, 11:46 PM
I thought the Karavan were against homins being in the Prime Roots?

this sounds fun though.. :D

glipe
March 9th, 2005, 11:47 PM
What of those who choose no sides?

thewarcc
March 10th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Oooh must be there!

dakhound
March 10th, 2005, 09:39 AM
where is the start point?

zoria or tryker side spawn / TP ?

richaden
March 12th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Note: the first post has been edited to include info on start points. Karavan will start at Karavan TP and Kami will start at Kami TP. Map linked on the post to show these locations.

mrozzy
March 12th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Small note: the karavan camp is way more easy to reach then the kami camp is (kami surrounded by aggro, mostly varinx)

mmatto
March 12th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Small note: the karavan camp is way more easy to reach then the kami camp is (kami surrounded by aggro, mostly varinx)

Hehe, I would say opposite. Karavans has to come from Tryker or Matis to Trench of Trials and it is much harder than from Zora or Fyros.

kaetemi
March 12th, 2005, 11:01 PM
We just went to both tp's without problems in a team of around eight people :)

leroyath
March 13th, 2005, 04:02 AM
I heard this Calling
Me And My guildies Will be Here.

shadowweb
March 13th, 2005, 12:51 PM
please note the time change to 8.30 pm GMT

jarko
March 13th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Amps warmed up :D lets get some karavans down! ;p

moboid
March 13th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Any idea why?

We seemed to be in an uneasy peace, an hourouable challenge like this has to be met but let's just hope this doesn't start a slide into prolonged violence.

sprite
March 13th, 2005, 10:13 PM
*Cries into his hands that he can't be there*

final60
March 14th, 2005, 12:35 AM
I heard this Calling
Me And My guildies Will be Here.
Was a great event, kami won hands down. :D

kaetemi
March 14th, 2005, 01:08 AM
[EVENT: Test of Nerves]
Problems and Bugs:
General:
- There was no Event chat channel, like they promised us
- The area was not switched to a Faction PvP area
- What we had to do was not completely explained

kibsword
March 14th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Im sorry to say this Kaetemi but:

Where did they promise an event chat channel especially for this event?
Where did they promise to switch it to faction PvP for this event

The third I cannot comment on as I wasnt there personally, but from my experience the events team usually manage to outline everything, if you read what they say. But again I wasnt there so cant comment for this occasion.

jarko
March 14th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Kibs, the problem was i didnt saw a event guide :) we just ran to the karavan TP with like 60-70 people? killed everything saw a hostage took hostage came back to Kami blabla noone told us what to do exacly :/ we where just like killing everything we saw in PR even eachother :p
So well same opinion as Kaetemi no organisation at all :)

ps: thx Catfud for leading this big group true PR, and the Kaetemi for leading outlaws to the hostage and stuff :)

norvic
March 14th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Grats to the Kami team with a special nod to Jyudas for standing his ground in the face of overwhelming opposition, however it would have been nice to have faced off with them properly instead of being beaten by the najabs on the way back with our hostage.
For future events of this type could aggro mobs not be removed?

sasaj
March 14th, 2005, 10:35 AM

Great post, but I need to add this:
- No more this kind of events for me before bars in team window are fixed. They are messed up usualy if you die and respawn.
- Melee/Elemental balance - My 200+ melee lvls are good only for HP amount.
- Next time when message about this kind of event is posted on forums, please explain in same post what we need to do. There are always ppl who are a bit late on events.
- Colors for 2(or 3) sides. It's hard to see who is kami/karavan follower, with all multi-race guilds and diff. types of armor.
- Spacebar targeting not only for mobs but also for diff. faction homins.

Best way to do it:
Teleport to event place (or walk). Make faction choice (like in FG on ATS). Activation of event chat channel for your faction. That will help disorganisation and against those spys who came to teleport with harvesting pick in hands saying then have no idea about any event.

mmatto
March 14th, 2005, 11:01 AM
My list of improvements for this kind of event.
- PvP factions (targeting, identifying enemy)
- Fixed HP team HP bars
- Easily identfied hostages (e.g. put a glowing guide's stick in hand). I was there with Kami team, but didn't see notice any hostages.
- Better maps for this kind of event. E.g. chokepoints that will force battle to take place, less agro mobs
- better directions, now rules were pointed out couple of times at region channel and they disappeared in clutter. I think also that stated rules were incorrect in the beginning (didn't say that we have to have both hostages to win).
- Generic Use -button to use various event related special actions (like /ready in this event).

It was fun event, but with some improvement it would be really cool.

ilthor
March 14th, 2005, 11:24 AM
[QUOTE=jarko]
ps: thx Catfud for leading this big group true PR
QUOTE]

Yes... big thanks to him for leading a mob of people to kill their own faction.

mboeing
March 14th, 2005, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE=jarko]
ps: thx Catfud for leading this big group true PR
QUOTE]

Yes... big thanks to him for leading a mob of people to kill their own faction.

Told you those Kami lovers are evil, but would you listen. NO. Now you see whats the result. Trykers are just not meant to follow all the falsehoods that are spread by the huge eyed sneaky devils.

sprite
March 14th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Trykers are just not meant to follow all the falsehoods that are spread by the huge eyed sneaky devils.
Now I've heard everything.... a Tryker saying Fyros have huge eyes.... :rolleyes:

borg9
March 14th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Now I've heard everything.... a Tryker saying Fyros have huge eyes.... :rolleyes:

I think he (she IG :P) may be refering to the Yoda-wana-bes

mostevil
March 14th, 2005, 01:20 PM
[EVENT: Test of Nerves]
Problems and Bugs:
General:

This was an event by the guides Kaetemi not nevrax as far as i know and ive look thru this whole thread and cant see where they've promised that.

mboeing
March 14th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I think he (she IG :P) may be refering to the Yoda-wana-bes

Aye the things that look cute at first glance but when you look closely you see how evil they are. Pretending to preserve nature and then killing all the cloppers close to FH. Taking away my closest Death Express =/

All you Kami loving folks, wake up!! And don't envy us when we will fly around in spaceships while you still will be stuck on ground.

hans1976
March 14th, 2005, 01:35 PM
To see from the posts I am a bit sorry I could not be there, had some RL health to consider. But the Kami won with the help on Najabs? Bunch of cheaters they are!

sasaj
March 14th, 2005, 02:33 PM
To see from the posts I am a bit sorry I could not be there, had some RL health to consider. But the Kami won with the help on Najabs? Bunch of cheaters they are!

No, they won cos they are beter. After we came to Kami tp and took that hostage, there was complete disorientation on "karavan" side. Some ppl gone back to karavan tp with hostage, some at Kami TP, most somewhere in the middle. Some even left thinking that after taking hostage event was over.

moboid
March 14th, 2005, 03:12 PM
This was an event by the guides Kaetemi not nevrax as far as i know and ive look thru this whole thread and cant see where they've promised that.

The Event chat channel and pvp faction choice was supposed to have been part of chapter 2. The announcement of new tools and the fact they were trying this sort of event meant a lot of us expected the systems to be in place.

Without those tools this sort of event was going to be painfull, while great fun the event did seem like a farce.

Edit: Faction based pvp did appear briefly in chapter 2 but as part of a bug in one matis zone.

For this event i set up in scene to show enemies guild flags and friends to show all stat info and no guild flag. The only people that showed guild flags ie enemies were members of my own guild! and that was eratic.

sx4rlet
March 14th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Ok, let me try to give some feedback too.

Mikos, Kaetemi, Crythos and Sasha already made some good remarks.
I know the guides cannot help some points, but I will say them anyway.

First there was the communication.
I cannot tell for the kami side, but to the karavan it was not clear what to do at all. When we reached the kami tp I started wondering 'hey, do we have a hostage as well?' I guess I was not the first to think that, but also certainly not the last. So please:
just treat us as little kids next time. Make us sit down and shut our mouth, put a person with a glowing stick in front of us and explain the rules slowly.
And maybe post them on the forum 1 hour before the event starts.

(And what I was wondering while we were trying to bring the hostage back: where did this hostage come from? How did she get captured by the kami? And because she got captured, is she worth to be rescued?)

(would be very nice if there was a 'live' kami and karavan person)

Then there was the battlefield location.
As far as I could see, the najabs, varinx and tyranchia's were the winners of the event. They slaughtered about the half group of the karavan, before the kami got close enough to target.
A battlefield with no agro mobs in the middle, but at the edges would be better imo. The area in Elusive Forsest, from the karavan tp to Grotto Pass could be used for that.

Healing.
No way of healing your own side, which is a shame. If we all fight for the karavan, why can I not heal them?
Or even dead enemies. Rez them and send them off to their own side.

Length of the event.
Rush in, rush out. Event over.
Pitty for all the work that went in it, and for all ppl gathered for the event.
Why not give both sides 3 hostages, let them hide somewhere on the battlefield, so you also have to search in teams to find them.
And maybe possibilities to bring back hostages...

Level difference.
I think for the lower level players, such events are not a lot of fun. A lvl 80 fighter (already impressed being in PR) finds a mage lvl 160. Before the fighter knows what hit him he is studieing the ground from very close. The other way around also. Lvl 90 mage sends an acid bolt to the fighter aproaching him, the fighter (lvl 149) laughs at the puny loss of hitpoints and starts to chop up the mage...
If I fight a duel in Ryzom, the ones that are a close call are much more fun then the ones I win or lose in one hit.
This is a hard one, because I dont have real ideas to get the battle balanced.
Maybe I am a carebear (PvP not really my thing, I like the PvE much more) but some rules for PvP could help (lvl 150 can only attack 20 levels different fighters or something like that). Not sure if that is a good idea tho.

Event channel and flags
I agree with Kaetemi that an event channel could be very usefull. (And I agree with Zella that they didnt promise it in this post!)
And I also agree that team colors or something like that could help a lot.
(This time I was not hit by my own side, must have been my lucky day)

Ok, so far my ranting about the event.

And Frydeswinde, don't worry you missed it!

matteo81
March 14th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I was not there but can only comment on what IVe read and would arguye agianst a lot:-

My two penneths worth:-

Should be allowed heal, thereofere solving any level problems - ish! Make battle last longer to and lead to more tactics instead of carnage. Although in any battle it will result in a slug fest between higher lvls in some way or another, nature of any game, but medium / lower levels can play a big part in this game if allowed to heal!

Leave mobs where there are, creates the unpredictable which is more fun! You could get a sucide runner pull some mobs into your enemy?!

Comment on spies - leave again, adds more fun to it and tactics to it. Kinda like the idea myself.

Communication - again leave - have the fun of trying to organise chaos, chat box would make this 'to easy'!

The less rules the better!

If you have all these things you want there wont be much 'to learn' and would be to structured!

reddax77
March 14th, 2005, 08:57 PM
My biggest gripe was not knowing who was Kami and who was Karavan. Some guilds were easy from prior knowledge, but there were a lot of guilds whom I saw for the first time ( er Black hawks something for eg.) and had no idea which side they were on.

And also as everyone mentioned, not knowing what to do was a major problem. Reached about 10 mins late, didnt have a clue what to do. Ran around, got killed by najabs and tyrancha's until half way through saw a message on region chat about hostages etc.

Am all for PvP, but with a lil more organisation pls.

akicks
March 15th, 2005, 01:49 AM
I have to say, if I had managed to make to the event on time I probably would have had no troubles at all. But, as it stands, there where problems.

Because no one could tell from looking at us our own side slaughtered us. (Which, I must admit was fun to watch 60+ ppl (maybe less, who knows) killing a team of 5 AND taking a good couple of minutes ;)).

We even had to say to karavan people trying to help us (and asking for help) that we were kami aligned (and oftern just spawned because of it).

This could have been solved with deciding which faction you want to be on when you enter the area. A feature that I thought had been introduced into the game (I may be mistaken, and it wouldn't be the first time).

I believe that this could have solved healing problems, since in an event like this you want to be able to heal your allies accross teams.

I doubt though that it would have solved the spy problem. Someone would just teleport in and decide to be on the other side. But this is an entirely different animal, and one I think should stay in the game for these type of events.

shadowweb
March 15th, 2005, 09:44 AM
I am watching your feedback on this with interest and will discuss it with Nevrax. I thought it looked a fun event, and want to thank Theai and the guides for devising and organising it.

Would you like to see more of these? or even a tournament?

sasaj
March 15th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Would you like to see more of these? or even a tournament?

To be honest? No. Hate killing ppl i know just cos they are on "kami" side (don't like both of them). But it seems that game is going in that direction (with outpost), so i think stuff that i don't like (like PvP) will be mome and more present.

hans1976
March 15th, 2005, 10:18 AM
To be honest? No. Hate killing ppl i know just cos they are on "kami" side (don't like both of them). But it seems that game is going in that direction (with outpost), so i think stuff that i don't like (like PvP) will be mome and more present.
I think most outpost disputes will be settled through diplomacy.

sasaj
March 15th, 2005, 10:28 AM
I think most outpost disputes will be settled through diplomacy.

Hope so. There will be PvE for sure (not a big deal), but also GvG:
http://www.ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12382
Still not clear to me.

borg9
March 15th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Shadowwe - More of everything please :D Having too much choice is never a bad thing. I didn't attend the PR event, but did go to the Arena :D

Thats fact that I am able to choose to go to an event means that when I can attend I don't feel presured in to it becuase its 'this weeks only event'.

Regardless of whether we love or hate the events you and the players produce, we as a community really appeciate the time and effort put into making them happen.

There will always be GvG as there are limited resources: Bosses, great hunting spots, we are better than you bravado. The difficult bit is making sure it never gets too personal and new comes out of the game.

There will always be PvP as people like to test their strength. Some of the PR mechanics can be a pain, trying to heal a friend from another guild when your team leader is afk or stuck. Again all solvable but fiddlie :D

I am interested about the Nevrax feed back about Neutrality .... as extremists will often see a 'Neutral' as an enemy.

norvic
March 15th, 2005, 11:21 AM
I agree with Neun, i have never been into pvp and could live without it, but having said that choice is always a good thing and like to participate in whats going on.
Keep things rolling Shadowwe and yay to a Tourney.

mmatto
March 15th, 2005, 12:02 PM
More, please. As far as I know, this was first this kind of event by guides. It is difficult to make all things right in first attempt. When you have more events and improve everytime, event will be a truly great one in future.

Some of the big problems were not because of event organization and I hope you can motivate Nevrax to look at these issues.

I must say that I like more action based events (pvp or pve) than numerous celebration style events. More different choices is better :)

glipe
March 15th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Personally it seems very out of character to have these sort of contests! :D While I am all for events, considering our normally peaceful nature on Arispotle it seems quite bizarre that we would all go down into the roots for a kick off! Especially considering this occurred just after a Karavan representative stated again that going into the PR is specifically going against the word of the Karavan! I doubt that they could sanction such an event without going directly against what they stand for. It is obvious that sides will be chosen within Ryzom and I'm thankful to Xavier for clarifying that 3 factions will emerge; Karavan, Kami and neutral. Currently I am a neutral, having been unswayed by either side. I await a good reason to follow one side or the other. I went to the PR only to support my guild.

Now if people want to have them, by all means may it continue! Lots of people had lots of fun. But if it's Kami vs Karavan, Sanz will not be taking part again as these "tests of nerves" seem to be merely a prelude to future hostilities. He may organise a healing team to resurrect fallen homins of either side, saving them the death penalties in an attempt to keep the events as friendly games and contests rather than mock battles in preparation for war.

gillest
March 15th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Most of the above I agree but some things need to be sorted out before...

Communication was indeed the biggest problem:
We gathered at kara TP and teamed, i think a guide was here but didnt gave any information.
So we gathered and went toward Kami tp..
I tried to heal a few of the karavan side on the way (just to test); result: "you cannot heal an opponent......!!"
Confused at the start: cant even heal my own side.

Arrived at Kami tp, killed a few poor kami who were left behind..
Some are my friends out of PVP and could not heal them ...
Msg from Guide went on region to say: "careful DP still on"...
After a while another msg to explkain something about "target and /ready option on prisonner/hostage..."
Which prisoner??
This guy is dead, cant res him so how can i make him prisoner??????
then the overwelming kami group arrive... Blast, Blast dead (thought my high resist was bit more resisting lol).
Grats on the teaming tho guys, nice powerful kami side ;p

We spawn at Kara.
No DP for me, DP for one of my team mate...
What is going on????

I ask guides on region what we are suppose to do before we get maxi DP and then i learn about the hostages....
Time to regroup and ready to go again, we leave kami tp...
Message on region: Its over, Kami won... (grats btw guys).

Now call that a mess im sorry to say.
-Some got DP, some didnt (maybe my friend get killed by a mob and not kami: we never found out lol)
-No difference of color between kami and karavan.. (remember some guildes are mixed races: how are we supposed to know who is on which side?):
plenty of different way to do that: Color dots on compasses, Capes which can be aquired with one color per camp and so on..
-No briefing on what to do.
-I think I heard about making prisoners (was it hostage they were talking about or actual prisonners fom the other faction, i never found out ;))

Now i dont even know if I gave DP to the kami I killed.
Would it be maybe to be able to kill other faction and then to res them and make them prisonner, that would actually be real good.
I like the idea of the event as long as it doesnt go toward global war in PR and get organised and communicated properly.
Now if it is just going PR and killing everybody (game friends including) with DP involved, sorry to say but next time is without me.

mmatto
March 16th, 2005, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=gillest]Now i dont even know if I gave DP to the kami I killed.
/QUOTE]

No DP inflicted there. DP worked during that event like it works normally (as guide said). Problem there is that most homins do not know how DP works.

Killed by another player in PvP area, no DP.
Killed by mob, DP.
Killed in duel, DP.

As homins do not know this, they will do thinks like pull agro mobs on enemy side that will result in DP to dead :(

gillest
March 16th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Thx for info,
i suspected something like that but wasnt 100% sure, was as well a bit confused by msg on region saying DP on ;p

Reassuring thx, i feel less bad now hehe

stopgo1
June 26th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Did anybody get something from this event ?May be a new tittel.I was there but today found nothing new in my char :(

sprite
June 26th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Did anybody get something from this event ?May be a new tittel.I was there but today found nothing new in my char :(
The event in this thread was ages ago - the one last night is this one (http://ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15869) :)