PDA

View Full Version : [GUILD EVENT] We shall try again, and succeed!

endasil
October 11th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Greetings again everyone!

Endasil here, leader of the guild Rulers of Atys. I think some of you are now
starting to recognice my name. I organized two events earlier where we
tried but did not quite get all the way to our goal, the tryker land. I was also
organizing people during the invasion during the weekend.

I have recived a number of comments that people have had very fun when i
organized things, so i am going to do it again, in the hope that i can help
even more homins enjoy their stay in this wonderful world called atys.

On saturday the 16th, 18:30 CEST (17:30 UK time) i will organize the next
journey towards the other land, the trykers realm. Hopfully we will get more
people now, when there is lot of time until the next event, and a few have
heard from others that this is fun.

Since everyone had a lot of fun during the earlier events, i'm sure that you
will enjoy this one too, if youre brave enough to sign up that is...

Please post a message here if you will attend. Also please please, post your
level in fighting and magic, and if you prefer to be tank / healer or attack
mage. If all do this i could divide people into groups depending on roles so
that all types exists in a group.

If your a leader of a guild and planning to bring your guild to this event,
please have your members divided into groups before so we can start the
party faster.

norn1
October 11th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Hi, Falessia here. I enjoyed the last event and am looking forward to the re-try. I am currently 58 in fight and 12 in magic, so i think i'll be tanking lol. Good luck to us all :)

endasil
October 11th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Thank you for joining and letting me know that you enjoyed it last time.
Please everyone who reads this, tell all your friends, point them to this board.

Lets unite and leave this world, lets enter the new world! We shall not let
those puny insects stop our progress any longer! We can and will succeed!

aamartyn
October 11th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Hi. I was enjoyed your events alot, and will try to join you on saturday.
My ingame name is Lany 50 melee 31 in deff and off magic,
but i think I will be higher lvl before event. :)

edit I will use magic.

mafioso
October 11th, 2004, 11:29 AM
hey endasil,

I haven't had the luck to see your organization skills in action since I mostly spend my time in Fyros. But I do feel now like taking part in big event, maybe I'm the missing key member to pull this off? j/k :)
Anyway, I'm signing up here and I will see if I can convince my guild leader and other members of Clan Omnis to join.

Mafioso

Clan Omnis
lvl 70 elemental magic lvl 50 healer by saturday :D

jokque
October 11th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Im one of the people to be rescued, so i dunno how much i can contribute with, hehe, but if theres any way i can help lemme know
am 30 fight 21 magic atm, recon ill be alot higher in both come saturday

-Jokqua,
Tryker Island

kibsword
October 11th, 2004, 12:23 PM
I plan on being there enda :)

-Kibs High officer in RoA

endasil
October 11th, 2004, 12:30 PM
I am happy to hear that kibs!

rikj99
October 11th, 2004, 01:51 PM
I was there on Sunday and enjoyed my time sneaking (if you can with 30ish Homins in tow) around trying to make our way to the promised land.

If I'm at home I will definately be along for the ride, but not sure if the missus wants us to go to parents yet!!!!

Anyways in game its Grithef (RoA) 51Mellee 30Craft 21Harvest, but obviously the second two are useless for this event!!

Hope to see you all there.

Grith

ickky
October 11th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Will try and be there Endasil.

Was mucho fun last time (even tho I couldnt hit much ). Ppl will be slightly higher in levels this time so perhaps we all will make it to Tryker land.

Regards

Slivver

pr0ger
October 11th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Small report from experience and special training session :

We (will) have to fight against mobs that are between lvl130 to lvl180 . The tougher they are, the more they dodge physical attack.

Who want to be "tank", please learn "accurate hit" as much as you can !!
Others "trip-mates" please use offensive magic :) it will be worthy, and the more you are, the more efficient it will be !
Those scary mobs also inflict between 100 to 600 damages (after armor! :/ ) so one or two great healer will be a real help to sustain the (unfortunate) tanker.

Lemme list some info :
- Gibbaï have a good dodge ability and an armor against piercing damages.
- Torbak and Cuttler don't have any armor but have lots of HP. they also can critically hit you often. People who have below 500HP may die instantaneously ! So, what advice can I give you? well, stay near healers until the fight begin, then "add" with tankers, but don't try to hunt alone a random target.
- Arma and Yelk (they don't aggro) have a tough armor.

And now a small power ranking, from easier to harder :
preying, raging, fearsome
nettled, vicious, feral
crabby, creeping, belligerent
reaper, great reaper, elite reaper (kincher, and they add very fast!!)
I don't know about kirostas' power and... i don't really want to know ;)

To finish, the "howto" for bypassing outpost controlled by kinchers :
the small kincher will not aggro you if you are further than 10m away. They also don't aggro if you don't stay more than 3 to 5 seconds near them.
The "chief" elite reaper kincher will aggro you if you're closer than 45-50m !! and with every knichers in the place :)

Maybe on our next attempt we will have to pass through that trouble. a "one-by-one" attempt will be better than an assault (I still have the wound of our "noon-slaughter" at sunday's event :D )

webbear
October 11th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Count Golden in Endasil.

I'm a 45 Melee Fighter / 30 Offensive Magician at the moment. Will probably progress by weekend though.

I'll do whatever I can to help. When the mobs started dodging nearly all my melee attacks on Sunday I started using to try and stun the mobs. I'll take whatever roll I'm given.

ilthor
October 11th, 2004, 02:29 PM
I'm Tryker, and as you were trying to get into our territory some of my guild were trying to get out. Tehy didn't make it as well, although i ca report that (not sure on race) a Zorai was spotted at Fairhaven after all the invasion, and that she was buying teleport tickets to our dear land. So, and this is only a suggestion, find out who she was, get a ticket from her and save your seat at karavan airlines flight to tryker lakeland.

If you insist on trying the old fashioned way, maybe our paths will cross half way, as i will be trying to go on our guilds next attempt.

Fare well!

mboeing
October 11th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Yep we tried to escape via Bounty Beaches from Tryker land. We managed to kill a Preying Torbak with the few people we were (15). But after that half our numbers were dead and while trying to rezz, we got attacked by the next mob. -> whole team dead.

After this test of strength a few of us tried the sneak and run but didn't get further then half way.

On saturday we tried the sneak/run/lure whatever methods to get through lower Matis to no avail.

If you can't kill a group of 4-5 huge and preying torbaks I don't give you much chance of getting through to Tryker Land.

The mentioned Zorai in the previous post was actually a Fyros. She just came the Zorai route via Prime Routes and Bounty Beaches. This spurred us in our efforts to try there but with the disadvantage to make a 7-8 minutes run from Windemeer to the portal each time.

oblion
October 11th, 2004, 03:32 PM
if u get to the tryker ent border msg me ill come to you and lead u safly beyond the lvl 150+ monsters, i doubt u can kill those(around 500 dmg normal hit and 2400 spacial) my name is BladeZeRo
btw i think i was in ur guild in the last open beta(i was then a tryker aswell)

btw tip, what ever u do dont get close to a zerx
espacialy a raging zerx they do avr of 1600 dmg

soulbear
October 11th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Heh, at the trykerish side of matis, the last bit before the portal, it's wall after wall after wall with huge torbaks, when you can kill those you have no problem coming here ;) they kill me in 3 - 4 hits and i have 1800hp, q110 armor! if you getto the portal i, and prolly many more, will gladly show you the way through Lagoons of Loria, so you can come to the "real" tryker lands ;)¨

Good luck, and have fun!

glipe
October 11th, 2004, 07:36 PM
I think we've done pretty well so far. Almost made it last time! And it was a lot of fun. I'm Sanz in Yrkanis, I've been on both major attempts and enjoyed them a lot. I'm using this week for leveling so I'll post up my level then but expect a much more rounded warrior than last time. I'll be there.

engel0
October 11th, 2004, 10:31 PM
I'll try to be there at saturday!

I played beta at Tryker lands so I know those places very good...

I'm now melee 55, standard healing 54, elemental 54...
Trying to upgrade my magic skills so I could be better healer/offensive magician at saturday!

Oh, btw my nick is Sukabe :)

paccia
October 11th, 2004, 10:44 PM
I will try and persuade some menbers of our guild to join you again on this event.

Paccea

kibsword
October 12th, 2004, 09:56 AM
a Zorai was spotted at Fairhaven after all the invasion, and that she was buying teleport tickets to our dear land. So, and this is only a suggestion, find out who she was, get a ticket from her and save your seat at karavan airlines flight to tryker

That would be fine if not for the fact you cant trade tickets with either players of merchants, you have to get them yourself ^^

jay777
October 12th, 2004, 11:38 AM
I'm going to join you on Saturday. It's about time I took a look at the outside world. I'm warrior app. lvl 35 fight. Going to need plenty of your healing along the way.

Power to the Rulers

Jalias

endasil
October 12th, 2004, 01:22 PM
That is great to hear!

We need more brave homins who will face death in order to escape their prison and take part of the world that is out there!

soulbear
October 12th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Hehe, i'll be waiting on the other side :)

crl71
October 12th, 2004, 08:51 PM
I was there for the attempt on Saturday for the first couple of hours and I really enjoyed. I haven't been able to get on to Ryzom much this week (sorry guild mates) but I should be there on Saturday for another attempt. I'm 43 Melee Fight and 23 Offensive Magic, I'll do what I can to help.

Hookton.

rugster
October 13th, 2004, 07:13 AM
doh..guess you replied to the wrong thread...

jinnear
October 13th, 2004, 10:09 AM
I will try to be there... it all depends on how fast I can help my brother to move to another house.

Well, if I make it, I am lvl60 fight (will probably be 65-70 by saturday) so Ill be a tank...

the name is Mabus

jlehmann
October 13th, 2004, 10:14 AM
I'll try to be there too. 40s melee.

jamela
October 13th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I'll be there again too, nearly 50 melee now.

oblion
October 13th, 2004, 08:10 PM
ill be there, ill come from tryker to help u :P
ill be around lvl 80-85 i guess

goshawk
October 15th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Just to cheer you up, then second succesfull Tryker escape attempt went through yesterday without mishap.
20 od Tryker with Manis as a guide. No respawn-deaths .

Kestrel

endasil
October 15th, 2004, 08:14 AM
*cheers* Maybe you guys could be willing to help us trough this then? An army of matis and tryker working together towards a common goal, to break the boundaries and unite our people.

endasil
October 17th, 2004, 12:17 AM
And this time we did succeed! I hope you guys had as fun as i had organizing this trip. :)

webbear
October 17th, 2004, 01:22 AM
*sobs*

I went on the previous four attempts to get there and dropped out of this one.

*shakes his fist at the heavens*

jinnear
October 17th, 2004, 11:07 AM
It was loads of fun indeed... Thank you Endasil for getting us there. And also, a big thanks to Sky who served as our guide.

Mabus bows to the both of you.

kibsword
October 17th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Well done all, we got wiped out twice but the third time was a success :)

glipe
October 17th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Yeah, thanks endasil! And thanks to the tryker babes for leading the way. Most impressive and a great way to mix among the races.

mboeing
October 18th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Yeah, thanks endasil! And thanks to the tryker babes for leading the way. Most impressive and a great way to mix among the races.

Was fun and challenging leading so many people through the lower Matis maze.

First wipe was my mistake for getting lost.

Second wipe was bad luck because the boss decided to move at the wrong time

Third try was a success =)

I was most impressed by the way we ran through Lagoons of Loria. By then everybody knew what to do.

Yours

Tryker babe

tyreal74
October 18th, 2004, 12:55 PM
is there a levl limit on these things or can anyone go?

mboeing
October 18th, 2004, 01:25 PM
is there a levl limit on these things or can anyone go?

We took anybody that wanted to come along. Not sure of the lowest that took part. But I am sure if you stay in the backgroud a bit healing/support casting or just running along, even a lvl 1 can make it, depending on group size.

Problem now will be though to get another big group together since many have the spawn now.

tyreal74
October 18th, 2004, 02:21 PM
well im currentyl 25 fighter atm, hoping to get a tad higher, so we will see =]

pandorae
October 18th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Nice to see you all are making progress too!

On Saturday the 16th we lead a large scale sweep from Min-cho in Witherings through Tryker and Matis lands and into the Fyros town of Thesos. Needless to say, it was a LONG day.

I will try to keep our European friends appraised of the results of any upcoming events ... should be interesting news either way ... we will either embolden you further or give you a good example of what not to do ... :D

Keep up the good work!

- Pandorae
- Commander, Comitatus Praetorian
- Windermeer Server

sx4rlet
October 19th, 2004, 02:59 PM

Hey Sky,

That is Rikka, you and me!