PDA

View Full Version : Events!

amitst
October 11th, 2004, 12:41 PM
IS it just me or does windermeer have far less postings than the other servers? Perhaps North America has a much smaller client base....or does less actually happen there?

Also, does anyone have any clue why Tryker is so secluded? I wonder what is special about them.

tetsius
October 11th, 2004, 06:15 PM
I think people don't post much because they are in the game most of the time :). Plus many guilds have their own websites with forums... so.. ;).

deadwolf
October 13th, 2004, 08:34 AM
I think people don't post much because they are in the game most of the time :). Plus many guilds have their own websites with forums... so.. ;).
Yep, I'd rather be in game when I ain't working. I save the board trolling for when I've got some down time at work (like right now)

Wolf

uncus
October 13th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Make that 3 for - "rather play than post!" :) I only surf forums during down time at work - which is usually only 1/wk.

tleilaxu
October 13th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Make that 3 for - "rather play than post!" :) I only surf forums during down time at work - which is usually only 1/wk.

Agreed

Cieran
High Officer of the Minyatur (http://www.minyatur.net)

The strength of many, forged into one
http://www.minyatur.net/cieran/cieranbanner.jpg

thaprofe
October 18th, 2004, 06:14 PM
You guys are a weird type.

Of course I would rather be playing than browsing the boards but I like to browse during down time at work which just happens to be all day.

geddy123
October 19th, 2004, 12:21 AM
i would agree with the first guy, it does look like the north americain server doesnt have as many events as the eruoe one

overide1
October 19th, 2004, 12:51 AM
i would agree with the first guy, it does look like the north americain server doesnt have as many events as the eruoe one
not sure of the official pop. count but the advertising was limited compared to some of the MMOGs coming out soon. so, our population may not be large enough to validate as many events yet. we are working hard at it though. i have completely neglected FFXI since i installed SOR even though i just got the expansion.

geddy123
October 19th, 2004, 01:13 AM
i dont know how many people are on main land but newb place is empty, i wonder wat europe server is like

aryon
October 20th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Actually in france we reached over 1000 players (unofficial source of course :p)

endasil
October 20th, 2004, 10:54 PM
If you look at the european server and count the amount of official events you will find that it isn't more than this one. Many of the events have been arranged by players.

selyf
October 22nd, 2004, 02:18 PM
Actually in france we reached over 1000 players (unofficial source of course :p)

Um, 1,000 players? That's not good news for SoR. If every server is as "successful" as that, the game has 4,000 players. Games like this need at least 20,000 customers to make enough money to pay costs. Lineage 2 is a "failure" because it has less than 50,000 on its eight North American servers. Camelot has over 200,000 on its twenty-some servers. EverQuest at its peak had 500,000 on its thirty-some servers.

What's worst, is that WoW and the other "killer" products haven't arrived on the scene. When they do, at least some people will migrate there, especially since the cartoon-inspired graphics treatment of WoW is similar to SoR.

tetsius
October 22nd, 2004, 07:18 PM
...since the cartoon-inspired graphics treatment of WoW is similar to SoR.

Selyf I will allow myself to totally disagree with you. Cartoon inspired graphics treatment in WoW is different. I simply hate the way they made it. But it's only my opinion. It looks like they got characters from some fantasy cartoon show and transferred it to WoW. But yet again IMHO. I don't like WoW and I will never play it. I will try EQ2 though since I already preordered it. But Ryzom has much better graphics theme than WoW. Everything is different here, sometimes a bit weird, but still nice and attractive.

tetsius
October 22nd, 2004, 07:20 PM
Um, 1,000 players? That's not good news for SoR...

Another comment is Selyf that it's very good for the game that's been released in September. It's only 1 month old and already has 4.000 subscribers. Plus keep in mind that they have pretty lame advertisement company. But give it another few monthes and population of servers will be around 5.000 each at least. Ryzom IS unique and VERY attractive. It will bring many people.