PDA

View Full Version : Shadowweb, Could you please lock this topic?

endasil
October 18th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Greetings again everyone!

Endasil here, leader of the guild Rulers of Atys. We, the guild rulers of Atys,
are going to continue our hard work to unite the people of Tryker and Matis.

We must set the differences and difficulties between our races aside and
work together if we shall survive. Alone we can never withstand the attacks
from the cruel and bloodthirsty kitins that marches trough our lands to
slaughters our innocent people without remorse.

On Thursday 19:00 CEST(18:00 UK) We are planning to meet at avendale
stables to help those in the lands of tryker to cross the dangerous path
between tryker and matis, so that those too will be blessed by wonderful
technology of the karavan that gives the ability to quickly travel between
our lands.

(OOC: get the Matis karavan spawnpoints )

I hope that you Sky, who at our last journey, aided me with your great
path finding skills will once again be willing to share your knowledge
and help us find the best path. Last time was a perfect example of what
could be accomplished when the Tryker and Matis worked together.

If you, brave Matis or Tryker, want to take part in the journey to unite our
worlds, post your name here, to let all see and be inspired by your bravery
and desire to face the dangers of the world without hesitation!

jlehmann
October 18th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Nice. I'll try to make it.

endasil
October 18th, 2004, 09:08 PM
It is nice to see that already a brave homin has announced his desire to take
part in this noble event!

kaetemi
October 18th, 2004, 10:01 PM
what about fyros? :(

endasil
October 18th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Fyros and Zora players are of course welcome to attend to this, although i have sadly seen very few of you in our lands.

Next trip once this one have succeded will befrom matis to fyros.
Once that one have succeded we will help bring the people of fyros into
matis.

oblion
October 18th, 2004, 10:37 PM
ill join, BladeZeRo

btw endasil, we need only to find the fyros leader now, i found the zorai one

bullough
October 19th, 2004, 01:48 PM
oo id love to go :)

kibsword
October 19th, 2004, 04:05 PM
I'll hopefully be there :)

We may be attempting a matis > fyros trip next week, but no promises

glipe
October 19th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Sorry man, narmally I'd be there but I work evenings. After Midnight or during the weekend, or even in the morning (shudder) to early afternoon. But no evening.

jokque
October 19th, 2004, 08:54 PM
im joining in, since its my guild and all :)

i got the tryker-matis spawn point today so once the party gets to the lake in Loria i can act as cannon fodder for the aggro mobs

mboeing
October 20th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Greetings again everyone!

On Thursday 18:00 CEST(17:00 UK)

I hope that you Sky, who at our last journey, aided me with your great
path finding skills will once again be willing to share your knowledge
and help us find the best path.

Can we push it back one or 2 hours? Many people won't be home from work by then.

I was just going to post a trip on saturday, but lets see how many we will get to go on Thurday.

We might have a small problem though. The last 2 day a group of nasty little Kirostas camped the Loria entrance. That might be our first trial already.

I will announce the time as you posted now on our guild board and in game tonight. We might get a few together.

I will do another trip on Saturday 4pm CEST (3pm UK time). That trip is planned to start at Avendale also (or if everyone has the Loria spawn in Loria) and we hopefully meet with a group in Yrkanis to continue on to Fyros lands.

Want to do the whole trip up to the Dyron/PR spawn in one go (should only take 3-4 hours lol). And if we feel like it we can even attempt crossing PR to get to Zorai =)

Btw I wouldn't call it a guild event when 90% of the event are non guild members =P. Call it player event.

endasil
October 20th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Hmm youre right. Pushing back the time one hour.

jokque
October 20th, 2004, 07:09 PM
We might have a small problem though. The last 2 day a group of nasty little Kirostas camped the Loria entrance. That might be our first trial already.

those particular kirostas (if you mean right after entering Loria from avendale side) go back and forth quite regularly, ive never had problems getting past them, only died to them once and that was when 5 of em was on the actual portal
Ive had to wait a few times but never any longer than a few minutes

nashka
October 21st, 2004, 01:25 AM
Twood be an honor, I must say I like running so maybe I'll be suited to this hehe! I may even bring some Guild Members to try their luck on this journey.

-Sumguy Pheadrea's Tear's (Bard).

jamela
October 21st, 2004, 09:01 AM
I'll try to make it back from work in time to join you. I would very much like to be there and so would others from my guild. I f I don't see you in Avendale I'll be trying to catch up :)

shrike
October 21st, 2004, 11:00 AM
Would be honored to join your endeavour.

borg9
October 21st, 2004, 02:17 PM
Would be honored to join your endeavour.

Traffic permitting - Neun will be there.

I have 2 weapons with Blind 3 on (limited charges).

I can fight a little, but would probably be more useful crafting/harvesting the mobs to death. (I could put them to sleep by telling em the secrets of pulling 6xql134 mats :P)

Will follow orders, if invited. I have the lagoons spawn. So will meet the group there.

Note to GMs
Please give us your support, Atys is becoming a 3 class game:

Lower class - Players with limited game time are trapped in their home lands.
Middle class - Players who have had the time to reach other lands
Uppper class - The sneaky so and so's that rushed to the roots and bought tickets before the placement of massive aggro groups.

cstrahd
October 21st, 2004, 04:36 PM
Just in case you cannot catch Sky ingame, I assume it will be ok for her if you try to contact me.

btw. servers down :-)

-----------------------
Pariana, Harvestress of the Lake

mboeing
October 21st, 2004, 04:53 PM
Servers back up so it shall take palce at the set time and place.

kibsword
October 21st, 2004, 06:29 PM
yup, make sure all trykers have a ticket back again for once we reach matis, the only easy other way back is with a dp, and that only gets you to the portal :)

endasil
October 21st, 2004, 06:49 PM
Having some trouble with my graphic card drivers and it is possible that i
will arrive a few minutes later than announced. But in worst case i have a backup card, so i will arrive. :)

endasil
October 21st, 2004, 08:39 PM
I am sadly very tired today, so i simply don't have the energy to organize things and help keep the happy crazy mood up during the event. Hope you had fun with sky as the leader for it.

endasil
October 21st, 2004, 09:47 PM
Seems like sky left the party, but i hope there are someone who knows the way... :)

eangwen
October 21st, 2004, 11:12 PM
Seems like sky left the party, but i hope there are someone who knows the way... :)

We did it, without knowing the way! :)
But its cold in Matisland!
Hetshu

kibsword
October 22nd, 2004, 12:08 AM
We kinda muddled through, about 7 different ppl leading ;)

oblion
October 22nd, 2004, 02:11 AM
most of the time it was me and chosen then dyrn of something like that took the lead and got half of us killed lol
and also kibs was a great help, he realy helped in this event

kibsword
October 22nd, 2004, 09:45 AM
I just tried to keep ppl together and not get involved in a power struggle for leadership, but thanls ob :)

mboeing
October 22nd, 2004, 10:33 AM
I just tried to keep ppl together and not get involved in a power struggle for leadership, but thanls ob :)

Well if people would have listened, I would have stayed and we would all have gotten through on the second try. But since they didn't only a small amount of the original bunch made it.

Hope we have a more cooperative bunch together on Saturday. Will organize it differently this time as well, so I hope this disaster won't happen again no matter what.

oblion
October 22nd, 2004, 12:07 PM
sky, well it wasnt ur fault that half of the ppl refused to stay orginized and listen

endasil
October 22nd, 2004, 01:02 PM
Well it has to do with the person leading it too. Leaders who get angry at
people who does not understand and shout at them all the time generally
only make people get angry back after a while.

I belive that if the leader is good enough people will want to follow and listen
to him or her. I have really hard beliving that half of all the people in ryzom
are idiots.

I'm not getting people perfectly organized when i run events either, but i do
not think that people are idiots, it is rather a question of not yet having
enough training in the art of leading strangers. I see it as an a challange, a
possiblity to train my skills. A chance to learn how i can help them cooperate
better. I belive that those who have this attitude towards others will make
them feel much better than more willing to cooperate than if one just decides
that they are all idiots who can not learn.

To lead a large group of strangers and lead a group of friends or guildmates
are totally different things. People you do not know are not idiots, it is just
that leading a group of strangers and get them organized is much harder.
Different people have different ways of communicating, something that is
totally clear and understandable to one person can be very unclear to
another.

IMPORTANT

Please note that this was not meant to offend any of those who helped
during the event, it is my view of leadership and why people are not
perfectly organized.

lenzor
October 22nd, 2004, 01:05 PM
well a good 20 people made it through, and imo with relative ease. Considering there were a lot of low lvl players there it think we did very well.

borg9
October 22nd, 2004, 01:15 PM
Personally ... I was there for the first 1.5 hrs.

Watching people who had been ask to listen politely, continue to show their 'power' by aggro'ing the mobs.

Its not a case of idiots, its...

WE WERE THERE TO GET THE SPAWN!

and a lot of people left due to the furstration with the ones who:

1. wouldn't listen, because they knew best!
2. didn't beleive that Sky knew what she was doing, when Sky has done the run many times.

I was so angry before I logged, because I had only a short time to get the spawn and when others who have all the time in the world spoiled it for others.

So personally it was very frustrating.

If people attend event, they should come to take part in the event.

I don't think these people are 'idiots', I think they are selfish!

I wonder if Ayts will ever be united at this rate.

oblion
October 22nd, 2004, 01:22 PM
they are not idiots but if ppl orginize the event work hard for it to work and u come.. why ruin it for others by acting stupid? it takes longer it gets us lots of dp and we have a much harder time passing and its not fun to die cuz someone trys to go alone

sx4rlet
October 22nd, 2004, 02:58 PM
I agree with Neun. I was with the group for some time, but it was very frustrating to see other not listen and just target non-agro mobs.

After I quit the group i went to Yrk (I already had the spawn) and removed
my dp. When the group arrived in Yrk I joined them to go to Fyros, but
the tactics they used were horrible. I dont know how much times we run
straight into agro mobs in Knoll of Dissent with the whole group, because
nobody was looking which way to go...

If we go again saturday, I hope we have a bit different group.

oblion
October 22nd, 2004, 03:09 PM
i know, i left the group when we reached matis.
i saw u guys fallowing dynz and getting into 5 cutters

mboeing
October 22nd, 2004, 03:26 PM
Blah blah blah.

What is so hard to understand in the words. "Wait" and "Stay behind me always".

If people are unable to do even that then sorry that is clearly a bahaviour of not accepting leadership than missunderstanding.

I will do my event differently now on Saturday. Lets see if it leadership or just stupid people. Stupid in this case doesn't mean their intellect but the willingness to listen and cooperate.

sx4rlet
October 22nd, 2004, 04:09 PM
What is so hard to understand in the words. "Wait" and "Stay behind me always".

Maybe i should look in the dictionary, but isnt

wait: attack as many as creatures you can find in one minute, but make sure you dont kill 'm...

stay behind me always: RUN RUN RUN... (oh do we have attracted some mobs and they are killing our healers?)

Or do you think I should look in the dictionary to get it right?

Sxar

lenzor
October 22nd, 2004, 04:11 PM
the group was just TOO big for organisation, i think it was better that some people left, as when the group was smaller there was some sort of organisation, not like when sky was in control....When sky was in control we weren't told where to go, what to do, tbh i was glad when he/she left..

lenzor
October 22nd, 2004, 04:13 PM
oh yeah and we made it 1st time when sky HAD left sooooooo take this into mind...

oblion
October 22nd, 2004, 04:32 PM
Maybe i should look in the dictionary, but isnt

wait: attack as many as creatures you can find in one minute, but make sure you dont kill 'm...

stay behind me always: RUN RUN RUN... (oh do we have attracted some mobs and they are killing our healers?)

Or do you think I should look in the dictionary to get it right?

Sxar

lol u i guess u found the one that half of the group used :P

and u lenzor, accusing sky of bad leadership, think about this..
if not for her that wasnt a event, and about orders and directions??
sky and me were telling ppl all the time to stay behind us to fallow us NOT TO ATTACK NON AGRO MOBS! but something like 10 ppl wouldnt listen
and u know why we succeded after she left? cuz after she left our group was 2/3 of the size we started and most of the "stupid" ppl left! and still it took me kibs and chose to control u guys and it was still hard cuz u wouldnt listen(not all of the group im talking to a certin number of ppl that know who they are{i hope})

mboeing
October 22nd, 2004, 04:35 PM
oh yeah and we made it 1st time when sky HAD left sooooooo take this into mind...

As you said in your first post, the group was much smaller. It is no problem with a group that size.

And as I heard you lost half the people on the way still. You call that success? Sorry if you are so selfish that you count it as success when YOU made it through, those are the people that ruin it for the whole.

Please tell me your ingame char name that i make sure never to deal with you again.

oblion
October 22nd, 2004, 04:36 PM
and how's that she succeded in trips already with big groups
with weaker ppl? i know sky, and she is a good leader! if u ppl dont want to fallow her orders dont accuse her of bad leadership cuz she can guide u like every leader but she cant force u to do something!
she tried her best but u just ignored her orders so she left..
and i understand her... if u were leading a group of 40 and only 10 ppl would listen to u and the rest run around and do whatever they wish and get everyone killed would u stay? i stayed cuz me and kibs wanted to get this party to matis and to tell u the truth if we would have died again cuz of idiots i would just leave too

lenzor
October 22nd, 2004, 04:37 PM
lmao there were like 3 mobs on the way to the kincher outpost which we didnt get past..... they may not have listened, but its quite hard to "listen" when 40 people are speaking at once lol, anyhow half are through..gl getting the other half should be easier with a smaller amount of people.

oblion
October 22nd, 2004, 04:40 PM
and lenzor instad of complaining about sky you should be thanking her for even tring to help u pass and making this event and all the others
and lenzor "thanks" for the "warm tnx" all the hard work we did and for almost ruining this event completly!
so please do us a favor and stay away from furter events sky or me plan. tnx

BladeZeRo - Leader of the Ravens

oblion
October 22nd, 2004, 04:44 PM
and just for ur info a good leader and a good team player will fight to pass all ppl not half and be happy
the purpse of events like this is to have fun and get ALL the ppl that are going past the trip

kibsword
October 22nd, 2004, 06:38 PM
Interesting comments about the group "was too big for it to be possible", iteresting then that we made it far easier with a roughly the same size group of ppl from matis to tryker last saturday...

Imo it was a few of the zorai who were always moaning and trying to take charge or aggro mobs and not listening (not all of them, but some of them). And thats not just my RP hatred of zorai thats just what I think, several ppl sent me pms saying the same thing.

The only reason I stayed because we had 2 tryker guild members with us that I wanted to help get the spawns for.

endasil
October 23rd, 2004, 01:17 PM
and u lenzor, accusing sky of bad leadership, think about this..
if not for her that wasnt a event

As i was the one who posted about the event and not sky, so it would still have been an event, i have had events without sky earlier and it has worked fine. :)

endasil
October 23rd, 2004, 01:19 PM
I think i should have posted my message about leadership in a new thread
instead so that my point would have been clearer. Right now the discussion
has turned into a flamewar about if sky is a good leader or not and that has
nothing to do with what i wanted to say with my post.

One thing i wanted to say with my post was that there is too much focus on
getting angry and shouting when people do not follow orders.

What would happen, if you instead of reacting with anger, would stop and
ask yourself the question:

- How can i make this person want to do as i say?

Maybe the answers you get in your head are different than the first way you
wanted to react to it?

mboeing
October 25th, 2004, 09:41 AM
One thing i wanted to say with my post was that there is too much focus on
getting angry and shouting when people do not follow orders.

Discussing with people might work if you can talk to them directly and have plenty of time on hand. But I can only type so fast and if short orders are considered being angry then I am sorry.

As my trip last Saturday showed me it is very dependant if people are willing to follow orders and behave well or if they don't.

I just wonder why you weren't around to tell people how to behave in the first place when it was YOUR event. If you were so unsatisfied with my leadership you were always free to say so and put someone else in front. Well I play this game for fun and if I get thanked this way for trying to help out, I will just not help anymore easy as that.

borg9
October 25th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Just to say....

On Sat we had a much larger group than on Thursday.

From Maze portal to Matis Fleeting gardens - we never had to group respawn once!

We even stopped to wait for AFK's that had become 'stuck' or died and lost follow.

Everyone listened!

Only one person accidently aggro'd a Arma, but we were able to cope because everyone worked together.

It took about 2.5 hrs for the whole trip.

Sky you will always have my respect!

The group was willing to wait about 20 mins to get past the Kinchers. No-one draw aggro here, compared to the last trip where we died at least 4 or 5 times at this point.

Sat Trip resorted my faith that a united Atys will come!

endasil
October 25th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Discussing with people might work if you can talk to them
directly and have plenty of time on hand. But I can only type so fast and if
short orders are considered being angry then I am sorry.

As my trip last Saturday showed me it is very dependant if people are willing
to follow orders and behave well or if they don't.

I just wonder why you weren't around to tell people how to behave in the
first place when it was YOUR event. If you were so unsatisfied with my
leadership you were always free to say so and put someone else in front.
Well I play this game for fun and if I get thanked this way for trying to help
out, I will just not help anymore easy as that.

I apologize for making this seem like a personal attack on you and not beeing
clear enough with what i meant. I have respect for you. You are one of the
few people who arrange events on this server. None of my post had the purpose of insulting you.

Short orders are not beeing angry, that was not what i meant, calling people
idiots and insulting them is another thing. And that is something i have seen
people do during more than one events and it has not really been very useful
to anyone.

jokque
October 25th, 2004, 02:46 PM
How about EXPLAINING to people why you do certain things, instead of helping fuel the dram and/or just leaving. (not directed at anyone in particular)

Sky, you left the group after 3-4 unsuccessfull tries to getting past that elite reaper kincher in that outpost. I didnt see anyone explain that this particular one had an aggro range of 50 metres, and that if it saw you the entire camp would follow it and hunt you down. I also didnt see anyone explain that it roamed back and forth in the camp creating several windows to get through without any problems
Would it have been so hard to explain what you were doing, why we were waiting etc ?

endasil
October 25th, 2004, 03:59 PM
shadowweb could you please lock or delete this topic? It no longer serves any purpose and has gone into a war where everyone just exchanges nasty comments.

mboeing
October 25th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Sky, you left the group after 3-4 unsuccessfull tries to getting past that elite reaper kincher in that outpost.

I wouldn't have left if people would have listen to me. But when I was still standing at the spawn point and was going to EXPLAIN what exactly was going to happen, half of the group had already stormed of to the top and was going towards the cuttlers. Thats why I left not because I wasn't willing to make more attempts.

oblion
October 25th, 2004, 06:27 PM
How about EXPLAINING to people why you do certain things, instead of helping fuel the dram and/or just leaving. (not directed at anyone in particular)

Sky, you left the group after 3-4 unsuccessfull tries to getting past that elite reaper kincher in that outpost. I didnt see anyone explain that this particular one had an aggro range of 50 metres, and that if it saw you the entire camp would follow it and hunt you down. I also didnt see anyone explain that it roamed back and forth in the camp creating several windows to get through without any problems
Would it have been so hard to explain what you were doing, why we were waiting etc ?

well she did :P
she said that only the big one is agro and that to fallow her inside, but ppl just ran in the first time, the second time someone tried to run alone, the third time they just attacked us no one to blame, and the fourth one in the middle few ppl stoped fallowing sky and we got killed so she left..(this isnt a flame ^^)

wolfpelt
October 26th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Looks like you guys had fun :)