PDA

View Full Version : Champion of Atys - Gladiator Event!

Tidings
November 10th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Homins, I bring you tidings from Tecapio, Fightmaster of Atys...

In preparation for the turbulent times ahead we are creating a training regime in all the lands. To judge how well you are performing against your fellow friends each of the four lands will have a league of gladiators and mages to show who is the mightiest of the land. The top two champions from each land will then compete against each other to decide the Champion of Atys.

The league will be formed after an initial tournament to decide your starting positions in the league.

Rules:

Gladiators
Armour: Any armour may be worn
Weapons: Any weapon may be used
Magic: Spells may not be used
Power stanzas: Self Heal, Self Stam may be used
No external help is allowed, except at the end of the duel - when healing/stam may be used on any of the Gladiators involved.

Mages
Armour: Light/Caster armour only may be worn
Weapons: Magic Amplifiers may be used
Magic: Any spell may be used
Power stanzas: Self Heal, Self Sap may be used
No external help is allowed, except at the end of the duel - when healing/stam may be used on any of the Gladiators involved.

League:
Challenges - You may challenge someone upto and including 3 places above you in the league. For example, someone in 10th position may challenge the 9th, 8th and 7th placed people.

Fights must be held in the presence of, and witnessed by a Guide or GM, their decision on the event is final.

Should the Challenger win, they will move into the losers position and the loser will move down one place. For example, if the 10th placed person challenged the 7th place person and won, they would move into 7th place and the loser would move down to 8th place.

League tables will be maintained on the forums for you to check your latest position.

Championship:
The top 2 players from the gladiators and the mages league will compete in a world championship on a monthly basis. This will take the form of a mini-league, where all 8 players will play each other twice. The top 4 players will then go through to a knock-out competition to decide the winner.

The winning Gladiator and Mage will then compete in a best of 3, Champion of Champions competition.

To initiate the competition the initial contests will take place in the four capitals, one a night.
The dates for those contests will be posted here.

Remember, sharpen your blades and repair those worn out amplifiers and be prepared.

TeCapio
Fightmaster of Atys

-----------------------------------------------

HOMINS, HEED MY WORDS

kasumi2k
November 10th, 2004, 11:46 PM
0_0 oooooooooooooooooo sounds good a dooooooooooooodle dooooooooo

go go go go go go go go go

andreaw
November 11th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Oh WOW! This is going to be amazing. Where do we sign up? ;)

Love from Gini - TNE

exelsiar
November 11th, 2004, 02:42 AM
this sounds like its gonna be pretty cool.. man i need new gear :P

khaosoz
November 11th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Great Idea! Guess i'll have to stop foraging and pick up my sword for a change.

Splynncryth - Allegiance of Power

evilek
November 11th, 2004, 04:35 AM
Great Idea! Guess i'll have to stop foraging and pick up my sword for a change.

Splynncryth - Allegiance of Power
eheheh me too...

only one question... I'm a Zorai, where me and my guild can challenge with other players?

exelsiar
November 11th, 2004, 06:51 AM
aye it shall be somewhat difficult this early into the game as most people are limited to their races regions

mboeing
November 11th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Hehe I can challenge anyone anywhere, not that i am in a position to be successful in it.

Just to get this clarified. Is the glove (magic amp) considered a weapon or not?

sprite
November 11th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Just to get this clarified. Is the glove (magic amp) considered a weapon or not?
Heh, the question is would you want to be slapping someone who is blasting you with fire/lighting/poison :P

pcheez
November 11th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Depriving a mage of his magical mittens is just like depriving a meleer of his wepon, so it should be allowed . Sure it will be funny when a mage with a ql 160 pair of gloves will blast for 1700 dam approx, but thats what they are made for :p

Tidings
November 11th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Homins, I bring you tidings from Tecapio, Fightmaster of Atys. The Gladatorial Championships have been scheduled - come and stake your claim in the new league!

Tonight (Thursday) - Zorai Lands: Meet in Zora at 8pm GMT

Tomorrow (Friday) - Tryker Lands: Meet in Fairhaven at 8pm GMT

Monday - Matis Lands: Meet in Yrkanis at 8pm GMT

Tuesday - Fyros Lands: Meet in Pyr at 8pm GMT

Homins, you are of course free to enter in as many championships as you wish, so long as you can make your own way there and back. But remember, only four Champions - two Gladiators and two Mages - from each race will make it through to the All-Atys finals and a player may only qualify once for each event (Gladiator and Mage).

HOMINS, HEED MY WORDS!

mrozzy
November 11th, 2004, 02:35 PM
One remark dough, what about the distance between players when the battle starts? Mages will have an advantage with a big distance, fighters will have an advantage when up close ...

evilek
November 11th, 2004, 03:08 PM
I'll be in Zora at 8pm gmt time... I'm only a melee warrior, I have doubt about any wins... but it'll be certainly fun.

cya in the evening :)

boinged
November 11th, 2004, 03:09 PM
I may be wrong but it seems like there will be a league of mages AND a league of gladiators - the two types of combatant won't fight each other.

The Samsara will be fielding entrants, provided the payout is big enough of course.

exelsiar
November 12th, 2004, 06:15 AM
im pretty sure theres no payout other than having your name spamed a few times ;)

mboeing
November 12th, 2004, 10:38 AM
The event in Zorai was a lot of fun. Many fights. Some very fast some took some time (especially mine lol)

Too bad I can't take part tonight in Tryker land due to RL issues. Hope you all will have fun as well.

xorte
November 12th, 2004, 11:07 AM
The zorai fight night was awesome - some great fights and some beautiful displays of magic and power !

linkzero
November 12th, 2004, 11:18 AM
funny is all I can say :D

andreaw
November 12th, 2004, 04:58 PM
I see, so we can challenge anyone whose name appears in the league table ( http://ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6078 ) to a duel as long as it's witnessed by a GM or guide? Please could someone confirm this? And do we simply send a /tell ingame to a member of the csr team to ask them to teleport to us when one of the defenders accepts the challenge?

Many thanks,

Love from Euginie - TNE

Tidings
November 12th, 2004, 05:25 PM
That is correct. But remember you can only challenge a maximum of 3 places above you, therefore new entrants may only challenge the bottom 3 people in the table, either mage or fighter. The same applies to those champions already listed in the league table. They may only challenge one of the three champions above them in the listings.

HOMINS, HEED MY WORDS

andreaw
November 13th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the quick response Tidings :)

*rushes off to check the bottom 3 names on the list* - yeah, like I stand a chance :rolleyes:

exelsiar
November 15th, 2004, 07:21 PM
great i just realised something, i have a choice of choosing to join in on tuesday, or watch stargate.. i'll choose stargate, guess i'll have to work hard sometime and challenge one of the bottom 3 :P