PDA

View Full Version : Grand Abylus Challenge - all welcome - (Date amendment)

pinsao
December 7th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Homins,

The time of the Grand Abylus Challenge is upon us again. The Dragon Order of Abylus invites your participation.

Where ? / When ?

Competitors to assemble at Cerakos Gate - PYR from 20.00 GMT, Friday 17th December for registration and details

Duration ?

Estimated to be 2-3 hours

Prizes ?

*1st Prize*

A Fyros High Quality 2h weapon (up to the max qual and boosts available)

A Fyros 1h weapon and Shield (up to the max quals and boosts available, some High Quality types available)

A Fyros Range weapon and ammo (up to the max qual and boosts available)

A set of Fyros Heavy Armour (up to the max qual and boosts available)

A set of Fyros Light Armour (up to the max qual and boosts available)

A Fyros Magic Amplifier (up to the max qual and boosts available)

A set of Fyros Jewelry (up to the max qual and boosts available)

- or -

1 million Dapper cash alternative - (not available as 2nd or 3rd prize option)

*2nd Prize*

A choice of 2 of the above prizes

*3rd Prize*

A choice of 1 of the above prizes

All Homins welcome - (it is quite possible for a lvl 1 homin to win this challenge)

Be there or miss out :D

sprite
December 7th, 2004, 02:41 PM
O_o What do we have to do at this "Grand Event"?

pinsao
December 7th, 2004, 02:55 PM
O_o What do we have to do at this "Grand Event"?

Competitors to be assembled at Cerakos Gate PYR at 18.30 GMT, Friday 10th December for registration and details

Pls note : Date of event has changed to Friday to accomodate availablitity of GM/Guide support :)

sprite
December 7th, 2004, 02:56 PM
oooh a secret eh? I can't wait :D

kibsword
December 7th, 2004, 04:55 PM
ow pinsao friday the 10th, theres gonna be a big wedding at 8.30GMT in matis so a 2-3 hour event is awkward

thewarcc
December 7th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Maybe a race! :)

pinsao
December 7th, 2004, 05:15 PM
ow pinsao friday the 10th, theres gonna be a big wedding at 8.30GMT in matis so a 2-3 hour event is awkward
Aww sorry about that :(
We checked with the guides and there are also other events over the weekend ( http://ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7802 ) and we didnt want to clash with anyone. Perhaps its best if we have this event after the wedding then, if possible ? I will speak to the guides and amend this thread accordingly if so :)

*post #1 is updated*

ozric
December 7th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Sounds fun :D

kibsword
December 7th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Yeah we tried arranging for a while to get a date and friday is the best we can do :)

Next week should be ok, I may even attend :)

magick1
December 7th, 2004, 08:42 PM
I bet it is a dress up party. Where we have an hour to make the best ninja Yubo costume :p

pinsao
December 7th, 2004, 11:53 PM
The best time for this seems to be before the wedding. Timings have been adjusted slightly and apologies to anyone who cannot make the new time. Registration is now between 18.00 GMT and 18.30 GMT and the challenge will last until 20.00 GMT prompt. Hopefully this can accommodate most needs :)

I bet it is a dress up party. Where we have an hour to make the best ninja Yubo costume :p
Sorry, due to timing changes, we cannot confirm whether or not this will still be part of challenge :(

*Post #1 updated*

pinsao
December 8th, 2004, 11:19 PM
*post #1 updated with additional prizes* :)

pinsao
December 9th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Homins,

It is with deep regret that we inform you of the incompetence of our (former) guild Astronomer. It appears that, while consulting his almanac, a miscalculation as to the exact start of the period of Abylus festivities was made.
He has proffered profuse apology for being the instigator of the premature wave of euphoria that has swept over the lands at the news of the arrival of this special period, and hopes that you may forgive his heinous crime.
Suffice to say that he has been sufficiently chastised and, being not a vindictive guild, we shall not be revealing his name for fear of the further ridicule that he would surely incur from all of hominkind.

The correct date and time for the start of the Abylus festivities is now confirmed as Friday 17th, with registration for the Grand Abylus Challenge to commence from 20.00 GMT

We hope to see you all there :)

pinsao
December 15th, 2004, 04:33 PM
May the best Homin win :D

pinsao
December 18th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Well done to all those who braved the challenge :)

The winners have been confirmed as :

1st Place - MAFIOSO

2nd Place - SAYONARA

3rd Place - BOOSTER

Congratulations to all :D

Your prefered choices of prizes will be with you as soon as hominly possible

helbreat
December 18th, 2004, 03:05 AM
grats you 3 :)

sprite
December 18th, 2004, 03:48 AM
Well dome all of you :D Especially you MAf ;)

trenker
December 18th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Congratualtions Mafioso and all.
It was as I lay dieing on the road to Thesos that I saw you all coming back already and at that point went home for a cup of tea. I guess I should not have laughed at the corpse I had passed earlier; Jena's justice is swift!
Tember
Clan Omnis

sprite
December 18th, 2004, 06:11 PM
It was as I lay dieing on the road to Thesos that I saw you all coming back already and at that point went home for a cup of tea. I guess I should not have laughed at the corpse I had passed earlier; Jena's justice is swift!
So... since I couldn't attend, what was the challenge?