PDA

View Full Version : Grave rumours, Homins

shadowweb
December 14th, 2004, 05:44 PM
The untoward recent events in the Nexus culminating in the death of many Kitins seems to have provoked a frightening counterplan. We have rumours of increased Kitin activity across all of Atys and we seek your aid in reporting and discovering what this might mean for hominkind.

I fear you will all be tested to your limits in the near future, be you a fighter, mage, harvester or crafter, as we seek to establish the truth and mount the necessary defence of our beloved lands.

Homins stay alert, I will post further tidings as they are received.

magick1
December 14th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Kincher spotted in Cities of intuition in Zorai :eek:

thewarcc
December 14th, 2004, 07:08 PM
I fear you will all be tested to your limits in the near future, be you a fighter, mage, harvester or crafter, as we seek to establish the truth and mount the necessary defence of our beloved lands.
Picks on a Kitin means broken picks :-/

shadowweb
January 5th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Meanwhile in the deeply remote hinterlands something stirs..........

kibsword
January 5th, 2005, 08:32 PM
*keeps an eye out for kitins around every corner*

Agh!

Oh no wait its just my wife

Agh! =)

blogie
January 6th, 2005, 09:05 AM
*keeps an eye out for kitins around every corner*

Agh!

Oh no wait its just my wife

Agh! =)

Harvesting spots of Dryon ar being swarmd by kinshers. Eaven the Oyxi packs have moved away from these abominations. One day a valiant forager of the Samsara guild whos atackt by a increased Kinsher and this 25m from the Dryon town (coise stuffing and armor clip spot)!!

rakavich
January 6th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Picks on a Kitin means broken picks :-/
Picks on Kitin means broken harvester ;)

jinnear
January 6th, 2005, 09:41 AM
You know, the bodocs and the psykoplas acted pretty strange together with the Bodokin the other night. I believe the word would be "rampage".... you dont suppose they are in league with the kitins? =)

kaetemi
January 6th, 2005, 01:01 PM
as we seek to establish the truth and mount the necessary defence of our beloved lands
mount??? necessary defence??? mektoub???
necessary defence = mektoub mount?

shadowweb
January 7th, 2005, 02:29 PM
To arms Homins!!!!

Kitins are pouring into our beautiful lands and we must defend them. Our leaders meet currently to discuss the building of new outposts where we can muster our forces and defeat these evil hordes. We cannot stand by and let the Kitin swarm over every corner of our fair lands.

Everyone will be needed in this great enterprise be you crafters, fighters, harvesters or the wielders of power. Scout the kitin armies, find their camps, and be prepared to fight to the very death to hold your lands! The terror and carnage will be great, but there will be hidden rewards for those who choose to help rid Atys of this new scourge.

Muster your friends, your guilds and your people and join the fight for Hominkind!

helbreat
January 7th, 2005, 03:38 PM
DP is on and you want us to go out and kill stuff that we cant even get exp from

LMAO....

ill be logging off and waiting for this event to reach its conclusion without reaching max DP tyvm :)

mafioso
January 7th, 2005, 04:01 PM
DP is on and you want us to go out and kill stuff that we cant even get exp from

LMAO....

ill be logging off and waiting for this event to reach its conclusion without reaching max DP tyvm :)

If i'm not mistaken, u don't get dp in events :)

hvwicked
January 7th, 2005, 04:10 PM
you do in this one..

helbreat
January 7th, 2005, 04:28 PM
ya i have 550k dp now and thats without me taking part much in the event =/ if i kill the elite kinchers in the event i clear a whole 96 dp so its gonna take me a whole day with this unless i just max dp then ticket it after saying i want a refund lmao >.<

i know i complained about the lack of events and such lately but a DP fest is even less fun than the old re-runs of snow white and the 7 tryker midgets >.<

the event notes/info should really be kept in-game too once the event is started as i think people are usually too busy gaining dp to come here and check this thread every 10 mins for an update on whats going on

endasil
January 7th, 2005, 04:40 PM
To arms Homins!!!!

Kitins are pouring into our beautiful lands and we must defend them. Our leaders meet currently to discuss the building of new outposts where we can muster our forces and defeat these evil hordes. We cannot stand by and let the Kitin swarm over every corner of our fair lands.

Everyone will be needed in this great enterprise be you crafters, fighters, harvesters or the wielders of power. Scout the kitin armies, find their camps, and be prepared to fight to the very death to hold your lands! The terror and carnage will be great, but there will be hidden rewards for those who choose to help rid Atys of this new scourge.

Muster your friends, your guilds and your people and join the fight for Hominkind!

Sounds to be like this is something that will be going on for more than one day if there are outposts that are to be built and such. Maybe it will get more interesting later? :)

kostika
January 7th, 2005, 04:50 PM
This event is happening now? When most people aren't near their computers due to being at work/school? Umm...huh?

helbreat
January 7th, 2005, 05:03 PM
This event is happening now? When most people aren't near their computers due to being at work/school? Umm...huh?

your not missing much kos its crap =/ im at 1mill dp now and giving up on it as a waste of armour/amp dura to be honest dp was stopped in events because people complained now its sneaked back in without a word

i think maybe the event will last all day too as we have searched alot and found no way to continue the event so were all thinking of killing aen instead atleast we will try anyway :D

kostika
January 7th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Just wondering why an event was started in the middle of the day when most players aren't online. Just don't think midday is the best time to be starting en event.

blogie
January 7th, 2005, 05:35 PM
The untoward recent events in the Nexus culminating in the death of many Kitins seems to have provoked a frightening counterplan. We have rumours of increased Kitin activity across all of Atys and we seek your aid in reporting and discovering what this might mean for hominkind.

You seak help of all but to who will i turn when i see patrols on my foraging lands. To whom will i turn when i see a king kitten?

The simpel farmer cant help the efford more then supply the troops with armor and wepons...

philu
January 7th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Just wondering why an event was started in the middle of the day when most players aren't online. Just don't think midday is the best time to be starting en event.

Maybe they're trying to catch out the ones that should be at work! ;)

grimjim
January 7th, 2005, 06:00 PM

Well, we'll have to give things a bash en masse tonight then when Kos gets home :)

blogie
January 7th, 2005, 06:14 PM
haha good one finely somting positive to not play and work late howers

shadowweb
January 7th, 2005, 06:16 PM
And so slowly the villages come together - we must all fight as one and contribute what we can. Harvesters and crafters you have a vital role to play here!

helbreat
January 7th, 2005, 06:18 PM
omg o.0 dyron just changed all round us buildings started spawning guess this is the outpost we were looking for? maybe if the info said this would be an all day event people wouldnt get bored so easily and think there is no point to the event. everyone had just decided to give up and go home partys all fallen apart

can you please fix the options on mission givers as they arent very explanitary :P

kibsword
January 7th, 2005, 07:52 PM
I lead the matis armies for 5 hours, we got into the tunnel of woe eventually, fun 10 minute battle with about 60-80 homins v hordes of kitin, and eventually died.

I need a break now, need to organise naked boxing for 8pm GMT, was fun tho and aim to go back to it after the boxing :)

richaden
January 8th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Aye, everyone fought valiantly to the last in that forsaken tunnel of woe. With every corner we turned, the number of Kitin seemed to double, until I could not see a thing but for the towering forms of Kitins all around me. I could hear battlecries from the brave Matis warriors and mages nearby, so with renewed faith I fought on.

Somehow a healer managed to get a few spells though the wall of armoured shell to me, but as delicious as the sensation was, the spells soon went quiet as the healer presumably fell. Gradually the battlecries faded, and there was only a handful of us left. Jena's blessings filled me as my defensive aura warded off a few more Kitin blows, but there was nothing further I could do. The aura dissipated and I was swiftly rendered unconscious by a deadly-accurate claw strike.

When I awoke in Natae, saved from the brink of death once more by the Karavan, along with the rest of the battlegroup, we were battered, in a sorry state, but NOT BEATEN.

That Battlegroup, led by Kibs, pierced deep into the heart of the Kitin ranks. The beasts will know now we will stop at nothing to defend our land, and so our mission was a success. It was an honour to fight alongside the men and women of that battle. We honour our ancestors in this defiance of Kitin might!

HAIL JENA!

dazzer
January 8th, 2005, 01:34 AM

I am sorry to say that for the first time I have encountered an event within SOR that has been porely thought out and implemented. I have just spent the last 8 hours getting max DP just to be able to get a **** AMP worth 8K. The fact that little or no XP was given out i can understand, but giving ppl max DP was so disshartening. Then when we finnally work out what to do with the mats and we spend very long hours labouriously converting them, and re converting them, what we end up with is some crap crafted weapon or amp. Why o why would a crafter give an AMP a Stamina bonus. Where is the sence in that? Then if you decided not to bother with weapons but convert the viles into Fame the convertion rate was ****. I think the developers really need to think things through more, and get some input from the GM's as today was a total waste, and was not in any way enjoyable. If things stay the way they are I will have to give my subscrition to this game some serious thought. This view is also shared by the majority of the ppl I have played with today, and most members affiliated to the Guild i belong to. Come on people... sort this out... it's a great game, dont ruin it and upset those ppl that keep you in a job!

Your Sincerely
A rather upset and annoyed SOR Player

magick1
January 8th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Stam boost? What were the fighting stat on them? Could be good for close combat.

helbreat
January 8th, 2005, 03:37 AM
i have just saved up 120 tokens and bought the fyros grand prize :D its well worth it

i got a 200q burning imperial retch axe

452 dmg
37 hits per min
1000 sap load
133 hit points

100hp boost
200sap boost
300stam boost

comes enchanted with fire lvl 5 too

trenker
January 8th, 2005, 10:20 AM
What an amazing event.

First we are told to harvest special stuff, at some peril. Then buildings and towers and fences start going up.

Waves of Kittins are about and apparently the claws are worth something too. Such combat chaos followed and it was much fun.

Then Pyr army is out in force at Frahar Towers with a while new camp. New NPCs and so on.

So what if the 'rewards' are not uber enough for some. The event was/is great. Action, reason for constant mob mashing, fame and even some fortune, teams flat out, rezzing strangers by the ton, puzzling the chain of NPCs to visit.

You blighters getting high DP? I dont go for DP myself. I only got 2 deaths and I'm a measly level 55 fighter and level 75 healer. Shouldn't really be dying with a good team, guild or plan.

kaetemi
January 8th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Very nice "event".. Has a lot of background story.. :p

jinnear
January 8th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Sounds like a wonderful event.... too bad though that I miss out again... This time due to working 10 hours and then coming home with a migraine. I was part of the defense when the first kitin-invasion came to matis a few weeks after launch and I really want to do that again... please please please have these events on weekends

My axe thirst for kitin blood... by the gallons

retep004
January 8th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Hello to all :)
I am a newbie but i have this opinion.
I know debt is bad
But the role Playing ability of this game is great..
Kittins attacks us, we have to protect our towns no matter
what the cost maybe (db).
Thats add to realism in my opinion...
Of course as a newbie I AM SCARED TO DEATH but i enjoy it fully :)
So lets all stop whining and start fighting as better as we can.
Lets make compatible tight teams
with healers/melee/off magicians and many more combinations.
lets use our team work and we will prevail...
we wont perish, Xp will be re-earned in the near future but if our homecity
is destroyed that cant be so easily taken...
I even dug a hole with harvesting in order to hide myself, but when i hear from all u veterans that u r scared of full dp, and whining about not enough bonuses I will make the example and fight with kittins until my bitter end even if i have to fight with my bare hands.
I wont stand back, I wont logoff. I will stay and even if i have DB for the rest of my life I will walk onto the kittins bodies..

PS. U JUST MADE A HARVESTER WENT BERSERK :) LETS ENJOY THIS EVENT... WE NEED U ALL :)

kostika
January 8th, 2005, 12:24 PM
I know debt is bad
I even dug a hole with harvesting in order to hide myself, but when i hear from all u veterans that u r scared of full dp, and whining about not enough bonuses I will make the example and fight with kittins until my bitter end even if i have to fight with my bare hands.
I wont stand back, I wont logoff. I will stay and even if i have DB for the rest of my life I will walk onto the kittins bodies..

PS. U JUST MADE A HARVESTER WENT BERSERK :) LETS ENJOY THIS EVENT... WE NEED U ALL :)

Very nicely said. I concur.

kibsword
January 8th, 2005, 01:08 PM
I died about 8 times during the invasion, and I actually managed to burn my DP and get most way through lvl 201 with my xp, so Im near 202 :)

helbreat
January 8th, 2005, 01:21 PM
I died about 8 times during the invasion, and I actually managed to burn my DP and get most way through lvl 201 with my xp, so Im near 202 :)

hmm id like to know how you burnt dp with your lvl 201 skill as when i used my lvl 201 skill i didnt get a single exp from the mobs so maybe matis had better kittins >.<

kibsword
January 8th, 2005, 01:26 PM
We did fight deep into the kitin stronghold, and had a 10min non stop battle vs hordes of kitin before falling, but I lost all my dp before that

thewarcc
January 8th, 2005, 01:28 PM
I actually gained 1 level! ( because i was healing kibs)

helbreat
January 8th, 2005, 01:34 PM
kittin stronghold? o.0 sounds like you guys had more fun than us we searched dyron from top to bottom and all i could find was mobs that took 2 hits at the most to die :( the elites gave me 4 exp which cleared 96 dp a time and that was if i didnt have a healer

the axe from the 120 prime tokens was worth the grind tho of all those claws heh the fame missions were insanly slow to raise fame last event in nexus i got 1 fame per claw this event i traded 50 claws for fame thats the same mission 10 times and fame didnt move once >.<

thewarcc
January 8th, 2005, 05:48 PM
But where do i need to sell all my claws?

hvwicked
January 8th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Master of War guy, no idea where he is in matis, but fyros one is in lonesome pass

Anyone got the matis 120 token Dagger, or the zorai mace? Would like to know the stats :P

Also, no invasion in tryker??

kaetemi
January 9th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Homins! We are doing well so far, but we must strive to do more than defeat them. We must crush them! To do this, though, we will need to get all three camps for each people, up and running. I hope this can help guide your paths as you begin to prepare for the coming attacks.

The harvest camp is very isolated in matis lands, but it is quite important to get supplies here. They will provide the materials for the crafters. Although it will be hard to access, if only a few homins can pass back and forth between the harvest and the craft camps, surely there will be a great increase in arms and armor creation. Many of the resource masters have yet to recieve sufficient secretion to make a batch of the raw materials, but when they do, after submitting your next batch of supplies to your craft master, they will give you a voucher to take to the resource master, who will supply you with materials for your next batch of crafting.

As many of you have surely seen by now, the craft master will have you bring the finished package of arms and armor to the armorer in the war camp. This is very important, because the armorer needs 5 packages to outfit a guard group. The more complete packages they recieve, the more homins they are able to equip to help fight the kitin attacks.

Remember now Homins, they are setting up, but they have not yet begun their attack. They are bound to attack soon so stay watchful Homins, and get to work! We must further our defenses.

Zorai, remember your camps lie just to the west of Zora and spread north to south. Matis yours lie on the border to Knolls of Dissent and the Harvest camp lies farther north, just south of Smitten Mount. Tryker folks, you can look to Bounty Beach for your camps. Finally for the Fyros, your camps start in Dyron, and spread east.

Be Vigilant! Be Fierce! Be Victorious!
they're getting more information than us

ethania
January 9th, 2005, 01:04 AM
I know debt is bad

Haha! You seam like a realy good new-bie. Realy nice post aswell!

mboeing
January 9th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Tryker folks, you can look to Bounty Beach for your camps.

Bounty Beach. LOL. Very well thought out event. Do you really hate us Trykers that much Devs?

juissi
January 9th, 2005, 03:33 AM
well bb is only place where pr portal is in trykers :)

sx4rlet
January 9th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Master of War guy, no idea where he is in matis, but fyros one is in lonesome pass

Anyone got the matis 120 token Dagger, or the zorai mace? Would like to know the stats :P

Also, no invasion in tryker??

Yes there is an invasion in Tryker too...
It is in Bounty Beaches, but we hardly noticed because of the very deadly mobs that are there already!

So we never saw the Master of War, because he is supposed to be there too, but you just dont go into BB. If you want to go to Zorai, you travel through Fount, and only the last part through BB.

And to reach BB you have to swim for 15 minutes... Try to motivate people for doing that 3 times after they died...

Sxarlet

sx4rlet
January 9th, 2005, 04:38 AM
What an amazing event.

First we are told to harvest special stuff, at some peril. Then buildings and towers and fences start going up.

Waves of Kittins are about and apparently the claws are worth something too. Such combat chaos followed and it was much fun.

Then Pyr army is out in force at Frahar Towers with a while new camp. New NPCs and so on.

So what if the 'rewards' are not uber enough for some. The event was/is great. Action, reason for constant mob mashing, fame and even some fortune, teams flat out, rezzing strangers by the ton, puzzling the chain of NPCs to visit.

You blighters getting high DP? I dont go for DP myself. I only got 2 deaths and I'm a measly level 55 fighter and level 75 healer. Shouldn't really be dying with a good team, guild or plan.

You know what is annoying?

Not being able to reach the camp with the master of war in it, because there is a kitin army of lvl 180 in front of it.

And that the event mobs AND the 'normal' mobs are around doesnt help
either... Try to reach the crafter while he (and the rest of the outpost) is surrounded by cutes...

Sxarlet

sx4rlet
January 9th, 2005, 04:40 AM
well bb is only place where pr portal is in trykers :)

*sigh*

Have you EVER travelled there Juissi???

Sxar

juissi
January 9th, 2005, 06:04 AM
yeah sometimes been there

threbus
January 9th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Well yesterday I did go to BB (so I swimmed 15 mins). I could next fighting some cutes with some others go to the master crafter to get an mission and had to craft 5 pikes. And since there arrn't mats in BB were I could get to becouse of the kittins I had to go to fount. When I got the pikes I had to swim to BB again to hear there that I had to go to the MATIS master armorer. I did think **** it I'm not gonna swim 15 mins again. So now I got an bag with some tokens and that is all I got, some rubish I need to bring to Matis. I can come there, but I think they should put an Tryker master armorer in the outpost since swimming 15 mins is waste of time.

Threbus

P.S. I love killing kittins, but I more like to wait for them than swimming for 15 mins over and over again to get them.

rakavich
January 9th, 2005, 11:06 AM
I was told that there was not raid in Tryker :( by somone who spoke to 2 Guides/GMs...

SO I went to Matis instead.

shadowweb
January 9th, 2005, 01:46 PM
You are doing well indeed, Homins of Arispotle. But the Kitin hordes continue to invade all your lands, and the ferocity of their attack can only become more horrific unless we all work together to equip the guards we all need to defend the camps.

It is essential that you bear in mind the interdependency between the missions. Because of this you will not always get given a ticket to receive some new raw material to craft at the end of every craft mission. This will be governed by the stock the officials have to hand. If they are still waiting for the harvesters to supply enough harvested material there will not be tickets available for the crafters.

Because of this I urge you to coordinate your forays into the enemy held territory around the beleaguered camps, so that your fighters open up the way for the crafters and harvesters. In this way we can fully equip all the guards and prepare for the counterattack. We will be victorious!

Fight as one and you will overcome!

mikelaw
January 9th, 2005, 02:08 PM
You are doing well indeed, Homins of Arispotle. But the Kitin hordes continue to invade all your lands, and the ferocity of their attack can only become more horrific unless we all work together to equip the guards we all need to defend the camps.

It is essential that you bear in mind the interdependency between the missions. Because of this you will not always get given a ticket to receive some new raw material to craft at the end of every craft mission. This will be governed by the stock the officials have to hand. If they are still waiting for the harvesters to supply enough harvested material there will not be tickets available for the crafters.

Because of this I urge you to coordinate your forays into the enemy held territory around the beleaguered camps, so that your fighters open up the way for the crafters and harvesters. In this way we can fully equip all the guards and prepare for the counterattack. We will be victorious!

Thxs for the update Shadowwe

ethania
January 9th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Damn... I must be clever:) Told some of you some yesterday (no nead to be self-righteonus but, hehe) that the craftingmission might be some kind of trigger. But were is the Foragerscamp? We must find it!!!
If you do the crftmission: the craftermision ONLY gives ONE avarge token. The good news is thet you doesn't have to exchange a claw to get it... Only 4 Parok wests :D
See you this evening. We should try to organize a expedition to fint the Foragerscamp.
We will push the Kitins out of our land!
(some RP aggro ;) : Zoraļ, take care of your precious Kitins. We don't want them.)

ethania
January 9th, 2005, 07:19 PM
I bring great news Homins!
The Ancient Griffins found the master of resorces.
He is located Near the Smiiten Mount Farm. He has a
camp there. Easiest way to get there is to teleport
to the grove of confusion. From there follow the souther
edge of the land.
Important info:
he takes 30 Secretion at the time. Lowest quality is q50.
After he have had some secretion things will start happening.
This might be the turningpoint in the invasion!
Problem as I see it:
To get generic raw material you have to bring the recourse-master
a coupon. This means all who cant go to grove of confusion will have a
hard time getting the generic material. And there will be much teleportation
to get something done.
Ancient Griffins will continue to wor on this though!
Forward Homin, now is your time!

magick1
January 9th, 2005, 10:24 PM
There is a Master of resources west of South Zora gate.
And as a bonus kitin secretion close by (often q80 only).
Pretty safe area :)

endasil
January 10th, 2005, 02:37 AM
Here are some information that has been gathered that could be of help: www.dragonrealmsoftware.com/invasion

blogie
January 10th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Well yesterday I did go to BB (so I swimmed 15 mins). I could next fighting some cutes with some others go to the master crafter to get an mission and had to craft 5 pikes. And since there arrn't mats in BB were I could get to becouse of the kittins I had to go to fount. When I got the pikes I had to swim to BB again to hear there that I had to go to the MATIS master armorer. I did think **** it I'm not gonna swim 15 mins again. So now I got an bag with some tokens and that is all I got, some rubish I need to bring to Matis. I can come there, but I think they should put an Tryker master armorer in the outpost since swimming 15 mins is waste of time.

Threbus

P.S. I love killing kittins, but I more like to wait for them than swimming for 15 mins over and over again to get them.

Now now, You can at least say you ar a good swimmer :)

Harvest master:
As i have seen they ask resorces of q50(p30) q100(30p) q150(30p) q200(30p)

Craft master:
They ask to make wepons but the problem is i cant craft wepons i can craft armors but not wepons. Sould i get weponcraft till q50 to do the event? I have also seen in a post that they ask axes. Is this the only type of wepon they accesept?

War master:
Forget this one. can bearly manadge a gingo so i dont bother with Kipie Raider Warriors or Elite kinsher raiders

shadowweb
January 10th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Homins of Arispotle, you are fighting a noble battle in the fight against the Kitin incursions. Even the peaceful Grand Ball in Pyr was buzzing with plans to forward the war effort and mount a mass push uniting the peoples of all four lands.

Remember that to help your crafters there must be enough secretions stockpiled in the camps. It is essential that you bear in mind the interdependency between the missions. Because of this you will not always get given a ticket to receive some new raw material to craft at the end of every craft mission. This will be governed by the stock the officials have to hand. If they are still waiting for the harvesters to supply enough harvested material there will not be tickets available for the crafters.

blogie
January 10th, 2005, 10:49 AM
is there a special q to thows secrations? or just dig up as menny as i can

mboeing
January 10th, 2005, 11:10 AM
I did think **** it I'm not gonna swim 15 mins again.

Exactly why we never will get the Tryker event going. And seeing that everyone is just heading to Fyros to get their reward makes me sick.

For future events some points to consider (I doubt anything will be changed to the event that is going on atm):

- Fairness:
- if it takes place around a TP in Fyros then it should be close to a TP in all other lands as well.
- if mobs are lvl 180 in some regions they should be lvl 180 in ALL regions

- Information:
- finding out things is a nice thing to do, but if you have no clue what to look for it gets frustrating.
- There should be something like a town cryer in each city where you can get some basic information and some help requests and hints.

- Rewards:
- the reward idea was a very bad one to introduce. Or the way they introduced it was badly. The reward should have only been available after the invasion was successfully beaten back.
- I could imagine a system where you just get points (tickets/tokens) awarded for each action that helps YOUR nation. I think its a stupid idea that Trykers help out Fyros when their home nation is under attack as well. Only after the event is ended successfully you can get a reward.
- If the event is not successgully ended (e.g. the kitin won) there will be no reward.

blogie
January 10th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Here is some nice CLEAR INFO:

-From ower US server m8ts (thx lootking)-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok it seems complex, all these camps , claws, secretions and clicking hehe.

here it is as simple as i can break it down, without all the mumbo jumbo

in each of the 4 racelands there is a set of 3 camps

a harvest camp
a craft camp
a fight camp

the goal of these three camps is to churn out an army of npc soldiers.

we are the elbow grease thats gonna create that army of npc's

here is what they want us to do:

you can

A: go to the harvest camp, take a collect secretions mission, collect some kitin secretion, and hand it in. this will make genetic raw material available at the craft camp for use in crafting missions

B: go to the craft camp, take a craft mission, hand in the stuff you make, get a package. deliver this package to the fight camp, to provide supplies for the army.
NOTE: you can either make items from the generic stuff they provide, again, if they have any ( if anyone is doing the harvesting missions), or you can hand in items you have already crafted, as long as they fit the criteria of any craft mission you take (the items can be made before you take the missions)

now, if you hand in 5 packages to the fight camp, you will create a group of 5 npc soldiers. THIS IS THE GOAL. making soldiers who will fight the kitins.

you will get tokens along the way, you will also get claws from some of the beasts that you can hand in for tokens. you can trade up tokens (think skee-ball at the fair) until you can get the jumbo stuffed animal ( sword, dagger whatever) THIS IS NOT THE GOAL. dont spend hours doin this, it doesnt help at all, its a side thing. think this way, if you do the craft missions you will get tokens, do hundreds of craft missions, youll end up with enough tokens to get the weapons you want as well as actually helping the storyline progress.

this isnt meant to happen fast, and i wouldnt call it an event. this is the first development of the storyline i would guess, and its pretty deep, and pretty cool imo. im sure we have time for everyone to learn what needs to be done.

FIGHTERS ARE BADLY NEEDED. not to craft, to get the crafters to the camps, to escort us. to protect the harvesters as we harvest the secretions. THIS IS WHERE THE FIGHTER AND THE MAGE WILL MAKE THE DIFFERENCE. i dont believe it can be done without you, as its just not safe out there where the camps are, where business needs to be done.

a little organisation and this can be done in each of the 4 lands. lets go all you leaders out there, round up your troops and lets crack this nut eh

anyone who know more, or different, correct or add info as needed, thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

mboeing
January 10th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Here is some nice CLEAR INFO: .....

I know. But you miss the point. I want that information to be in game so everyone gets a clue what to do and not run around headless for 3 days. (which i assume is about half the time this event will take)

But the information part was only one of my points. The most important one is the Fairness.

But seeing you are Fyros it won't matter to you.

dakhound
January 10th, 2005, 11:54 AM
from what I can figure this was badly thought out.

High lvl people didnt get the xp warrented with the dp still on, low lvl people got mauled by the 8 lvl 180 kitins that spawned on top of them every 5 seconds (like I did for a few hours before deciding that as much as I liked fighting off invasions the time spent either dead of ressing people got a little too much).

spreading the invasion over 2-3 zones would have been good, for example 1 around the imperial dunes and 1 around dydon. Make the one in the dunes lvl 50+ and the one near dydon (insert high lvl) this means everyone can take part and get away from the lvl grinding for a few hours. Would also mean high lvl people get the xp they deserve as well.

ethania
January 10th, 2005, 01:03 PM
One part of me thinks this was kind of anoying, not getting the info we neaded. But the other part dont! I mean Noone knew how to solve this kind of event (We might still not know). Still some players gets their akts togeather and tryes to solve this matter. I find it great to be able to use my brain insted of high level to sort things out! Some trile and error some times.
But I think it is great if I have the chance to cooperate whit guildmembers and other nice players to have this done! I don't want a ryzom society were only the highlevel are the ones to do events. And when they do they do it for XP. (My point of wiew) I can let some exp go if it is what it takes to be able to make a difference. You seldom have that opporunity in other games.
I mean, whit very little help we have still made things happen! I did some craftermissions today in matis and got coupons for generic raw material. Ok, I also depleted the source but this shows that it actually works if we give the master of supply secretion.
See you ingame!

boinged
January 10th, 2005, 02:47 PM
So far this event has been great fun.

Day 1-Day 2: Collecting claws and secretion to get flaming axes for many of our guild. What, you thought we'd help out for free :)

Day 2-Day 3: A small team collected over 300 secretion (ql 80) to hand in, then proceeded to craft ql 150 Kostom vests. Despite the interference of teleporting kincher and a slightly lost slayer cuttler we managed to deliver over 20 armour packages. Other teams supplied their services to different lands.

The Lonesome Pass outpost is now crawling with guards, it would be a good idea if some of those relocated to Dyron though as that is where the main attack seems to be occuring.

kaetemi
January 10th, 2005, 05:37 PM
A small team collected over 300 secretion (ql 80) to hand in, then proceeded to craft ql 150 Kostom vests. Despite the interference of teleporting kincher and a slightly lost slayer cuttler we managed to deliver over 20 armour packages. Other teams supplied their services to different lands..i did over 20 craft missions too :p

shadowweb
January 10th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Great news Homins!!

We have just heard that there have been additional reinforcements recruited to help defend the villages. These should be taking up their duties over the next few hours. So rally to the cause and keep up the great work of equipping and helping our brave defenders!

helbreat
January 10th, 2005, 07:21 PM
we did have a load of new reinforcements appear in dyron then this big boss kipucka spawned with a ton of raider kipucka and wiped them all out heh

fyros needs more foragers and deposits that dont empty so fast and have stanza requirements like prime root sources

geezas
January 10th, 2005, 11:30 PM
- Rewards:
- the reward idea was a very bad one to introduce. Or the way they introduced it was badly. The reward should have only been available after the invasion was successfully beaten back.
- I could imagine a system where you just get points (tickets/tokens) awarded for each action that helps YOUR nation. I think its a stupid idea that Trykers help out Fyros when their home nation is under attack as well. Only after the event is ended successfully you can get a reward.
- If the event is not successgully ended (e.g. the kitin won) there will be no reward.

agree!

The game is geared towards group activities, the rewards should be group related aswell. (team, guild. tribe, civilisation, religion, all hominkind, something) Short term goals like fancy weapons are not the way to promote group activity.

Question, why would a zorai army officer accept and reward karavan support and vice versa ? or why would a tryker miltairy officer accept matis (former keeper of tryker slaves and invaded the lagoons of loria) support ? shouldn't this be fame related? we trust you to help if you have proven yourself ? just a thought ...

The missions for this event is to get support, weapons and armor, the npc's ask for race specific weapons and armor. This takes some killing and foraging and trading and crafting. This is a imo a good way to let us help (finaly not a go here, kill that, win/lose scenario)

The claws are tradeble everywhere, so they are farmed at the easiest spot and handed in at the place where the coolest item is to be gotten. This does not help support the buildup of defences, get more guards to the camps or benefit the effort in any way. The token part is badly thought out, poorly implemented and irritating in practice for the people who want to support the camps but can't cause claws can be gotten easier elsewhere.

I don't care for a cool item, I want my beautifull homeland to be there for my race and the guests from other places, not a kitin infested dump where I have to live in shame cause nobody found it worth while to defend ...

kaetemi
January 11th, 2005, 02:30 AM
- Rewards:
- If the event is not successgully ended (e.g. the kitin won) there will be no reward.they're not rewards. they're weapons to fight in the invasion.

helbreat
January 11th, 2005, 04:37 AM
we need weapons for the mages to use to fight the kittins i busted up my sup amp and im now left to melee stuff if i want to fight, the magic amplifiers need a boost we cant be expected to use a +20% to all magic bonus 200q amp they may look the buisness but i wouldnt win any awards for speed casting using one :P choice 140q amps are faster and also more damage >.<

mboeing
January 11th, 2005, 10:32 AM
they're not rewards. they're weapons to fight in the invasion.

Yeah right.

blogie
January 11th, 2005, 01:58 PM
But the information part was only one of my points. The most important one is the Fairness.

But seeing you are Fyros it won't matter to you.

Wy not? Wy do you think i dont care. I c'ant do enithing about it... My highest skill is foraging the next thing is crafting and then its healing. I have 42 off magic and 62 healing. I nead thows spots in dryon and cant acceses them m8. I c'ant level foragin becos no 200 nodes where i have access to.

So this event is kind of hard for me 2. Thanks to friends and my guild i can forage lvl 200 nodes but its hard and thy have a game to play to. It would be selfish of me to ask them to guard me all the time.

Its hard for evryboddy m8 ok a lil harder for others but dont worry evryting will fall on its paws in time... .

boinged
January 11th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Day 4:

After some time profiteering in the Imperial Dunes I returned to Dyron to do my duty to the Fyros Empire (and my wallet). After delivering my latest consignment of Kostom vests I found that the Master Crafter was out of preorder tokens again. This war is starting to cost me dapper!

Luckily Clan Omnis, a fellow member of The Grand Alliance, had started a foraging party and we supplied over 800 secretion in very little time. I managed to supply enough armour for another guard group before retiring to the safety of my apartment in Pyr.

It seems everyone's efforts to equip guard groups had payed off as Imperial Guards were spotted in all three outposts. There were even a few Imperial Officers around.

Disturbingly, the kitin onslaught increased in magnitude as the evening wore on, climaxing in several attacks by 'boss' kipucka and their minions. The newly formed guard units stemmed this tide of destructive force to the last man. Again and again their final words called for reinforcements.

I shall continue to lend my services to the Master Crafter and Master Armorer until the Treasurer's war fund runs dry. The only way to halt the invasion is to get our enlisted men and women ready for battle. After all, when I saw them crushed repeatedly by kinchers, I couldn't help but think "rather them than me".

shadowweb
January 11th, 2005, 09:54 PM
We have reports the the Kitins are planning some sort of raid over the next 24 hours. Please equip as many defenders as you can and be on your guards for increased Kitin activity!

geezas
January 12th, 2005, 12:02 AM
We have reports the the Kitins are planning some sort of raid over the next 24 hours. Please equip as many defenders as you can and be on your guards for increased Kitin activity!

What do you think we have been doing these last few day's ? I have no dappers left, my armor and amps are almost gone, I'm sick of clicking through the dialogs! yes I will make5 pikes, yes pikes again, oh 5 pikes you say, realy you need 5 pikes? I would not have thought you need 5 pikes, are you sure ? come on...

We are trying to but since I am tryker we have to fight hoardes kipuka out of the camps, dodge a army of cutes, and then deal with the invading kitin. tonight in an effort to supply the camps we made it to the 2nd camp. hopefully my packs will get some more guards up... I have 10 vouchers left for mats, but can't reach the 3rd camp cause it took so long to get through the dialogs, one person had a bug trading, lost it all, no voucher, needed to kill for mats real mats on the spot to get going, wich didn't work after all ... the gm's and guides could not help ...

Bounty beaches just isn't a good place for this. I am realy dissapointed that altho we try realy hard, the place is just to hard to keep this going. I wish I could say I was mad but I'm just realy sad and dissapointed about the way this whole invasion thing was implemented in the tryker lands. If there is gonne be another event that is held in BB I'm not sure I will come again. I think I invented new curse words just because I played during this invasion in bounty beaches :p

Challenges are fun and it was good that we fought and made some progress. All the people there gave everything they had and I am verry proud and thankfull of everybody who helped and gave their time! They are still there now, fighting to support the federal army and hanging on, but just barely I feel :(

And sorry to say but these messages don't realy make me feel motivated, I just know there is more buggy crap comming my way.

Now i'm off to sleep and hope some of tickets about this event I sent get sent to the devs for some evaluation of how I percieve this event as a player.

kibsword
January 12th, 2005, 12:19 AM
gar tommorows a revision day for me, exam thurs morning. But I be thinking of u all, deal those kitin a hard blow, crush their hard skulls for me :)

ethania
January 12th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Ok, we can realy fight the Kitins and we will. Mostly we will end up whit our caracters gets killed. I can live whit that.
But this death-tiering clicking to have this event progressing kills even me. If the men behind this event (the devs) dont want us to get too rich to fast or what the catch is, lover the amount of dappers given or something like that. Increase the number of klaws neaded. But next time I would hate to click and click and click to have things done. The excanging and doing craftmissions is just too tiering to be done. I would like to be able to trade 100 claws at the time for my revard insted of 5 at the time. Or Maybe give like 12 armors at the time. Most of all: Dont force me to re-read the whole dialog!
Still this first time an event of this proportion is given to us I will continue to do what the NPCs ask of me. Tomorrow I even do more armours than today...
The Kitin might fight whit boredom as ther greatest weapon, but no kitin will have me run from this invasion! They don't belog on the surface of atys!

sx4rlet
January 12th, 2005, 01:31 AM
We are trying to but since I am tryker we have to fight hoardes kipuka out of the camps, dodge a army of cutes, and then deal with the invading kitin.

Bounty beaches just isn't a good place for this. I am realy dissapointed that altho we try realy hard, the place is just to hard to keep this going. I wish I could say I was mad but I'm just realy sad and dissapointed about the way this whole invasion thing was implemented in the tryker lands. If there is gonne be another event that is held in BB I'm not sure I will come again. I think I invented new curse words just because I played during this invasion in bounty beaches :p

Challenges are fun and it was good that we fought and made some progress. All the people there gave everything they had and I am verry proud and thankfull of everybody who helped and gave their time! They are still there now, fighting to support the federal army and hanging on, but just barely I feel :(

And sorry to say but these messages don't realy make me feel motivated, I just know there is more buggy crap comming my way.

Amen!

I dont feel motivated either for more of this stuff. I feel drained after two days of trying to make the best out of this. Yesterday we had some succes, but today I logged on and was greeted with the message that all the guards we worked for were slaughtered by the Kipuchas that spawned in the camp.
So we had to start all over again.
Then the crap that Sipos couldnt give his armor to the Master Crafter, so we had to wait for TurenKarn to show up, while the Kipucha's kept on popping up.

I am not sure what I will do tomorrow, but when I feel like I do now, dont be surprised when I go to Winds of Muse to gather some resources to craft a bit, while the Kitins burn down Fairhaven...

I heard Fyros has some nice beaches and sun too...

Sxarlet

kostika
January 12th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Amen!

I dont feel motivated either for more of this stuff. I feel drained after two days of trying to make the best out of this. Yesterday we had some succes, but today I logged on and was greeted with the message that all the guards we worked for were slaughtered by the Kipuchas that spawned in the camp.
So we had to start all over again.
Then the crap that Sipos couldnt give his armor to the Master Crafter, so we had to wait for TurenKarn to show up, while the Kipucha's kept on popping up.

I am not sure what I will do tomorrow, but when I feel like I do now, dont be surprised when I go to Winds of Muse to gather some resources to craft a bit, while the Kitins burn down Fairhaven...

I heard Fyros has some nice beaches and sun too...

Sxarlet

You can come keep me company pet. All this is draining me alot too. I think maybe a week was a little too long forthis to go on. Maybe inthe future they'll restrict things like this to 2-3 days.

magick1
January 12th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Not looking to good in Zorai either, crafter camp is occupid by kipuckas and kitins are camped right outside resource camp :mad:

dazman76
January 12th, 2005, 12:57 PM
I think when the real invasion hits we'll have some very unhappy players in Zorai, and possibly Trykoth. Obviously we don't know exactly what's going to happen, but the camps themselves seem completely unprepared for what's to come. If the guards can't handle the Kipucka scouts currently harassing the bases, Zora at least will be teeming with kitin when the main invasion force hits. It's a stone's throw from where the current scout kitin are roaming.

I wonder whether the intention was actually to bring races together to defend each other's camps, since the crafted items being requested are race specific. Also, if the invasions are triggered at the same time, we have no chance of defending all four territories with a combined force. If this happens we'll end up splitting back to our homelands, and subsequently being wiped (at least in 1 or 2 territories) by a lack of numbers.

What strikes me here is that the Zorai capital city (hence the place containing most, if not all new Zorai players) is too damn close to the invasion spot. Zorai is also lacking in camp support at the moment. I don't know what the state of play in Matia is, but Bounty Beaches is miles from Fairhaven (including lots of swimming, which I haven't seen Kipucka or any Kitin do recently :)), and Dyron/west of Fyros is a place usually inhabited by higher level players only - again the capital is a huge trek away.

Anyone else seeing a slight imbalance here?

boinged
January 12th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Day 5:

Morale is low in Dyron and it is now all but deserted save for the enlisted Imperial Guards who despite their losses always seem to re-emerge after a battle.

With very few homins around I couldn't be choosey who I joined forces with and ended up in a team with an Outlaw: Kaetemi! How ironic that we, the 'lowlifes' of Atys were single-handedly supplying the Master Crafter all evening. We couldn't have done so without the help of other Samsara members: Kostika, Jyudas, Lionara.

Over 500 units of secretion were supplied between us and I now have 10 armour packages to deliver.

The town was safe enough while the guards were around but it looks like they need our help too. It was almost as if the kipucka could sense when the guards were all defeated before attacking. If a fighting team of homins kept the main entrance to Dyron clear of our kitin foes I think we could win this war.

geezas
January 12th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Day 5:

Morale is low in Dyron and it is now all but deserted save for the enlisted Imperial Guards who despite their losses always seem to re-emerge after a battle.

They don't respawn in bounty beaches, they just die and never come back... and since there are so much kipuka in the camps bringing suplies is useless, before they can even help defend against the invasion force, the local wildlife has killed them allready.

sx4rlet
January 13th, 2005, 12:42 AM
They don't respawn in bounty beaches, they just die and never come back... and since there are so much kipuka in the camps bringing suplies is useless, before they can even help defend against the invasion force, the local wildlife has killed them allready.

Yup and then after the MOTD announced victory in Fyros and Matis (good work, btw!) and we lured the mob from camp 1 to camp 2, they decided to spawn again.
So all safe now? No, because they just walk around and do nothing. (As we found out the hard way...)

Sxarlet

evilek
January 13th, 2005, 06:47 AM
I think when the real invasion hits we'll have some very unhappy players in Zorai, and possibly Trykoth. Obviously we don't know exactly what's going to happen, but the camps themselves seem completely unprepared for what's to come. If the guards can't handle the Kipucka scouts currently harassing the bases, Zora at least will be teeming with kitin when the main invasion force hits. It's a stone's throw from where the current scout kitin are roaming.

I wonder whether the intention was actually to bring races together to defend each other's camps, since the crafted items being requested are race specific. Also, if the invasions are triggered at the same time, we have no chance of defending all four territories with a combined force. If this happens we'll end up splitting back to our homelands, and subsequently being wiped (at least in 1 or 2 territories) by a lack of numbers.

What strikes me here is that the Zorai capital city (hence the place containing most, if not all new Zorai players) is too damn close to the invasion spot. Zorai is also lacking in camp support at the moment. I don't know what the state of play in Matia is, but Bounty Beaches is miles from Fairhaven (including lots of swimming, which I haven't seen Kipucka or any Kitin do recently :)), and Dyron/west of Fyros is a place usually inhabited by higher level players only - again the capital is a huge trek away.

Anyone else seeing a slight imbalance here?

- At the north west of Zora near the war camp an alone Zorai sitting down under a tree... -
*cleaning his axe*
This will be the time to teach these inferiors being who rules on Atys...

"the only kitin good... is a kitin dead..." he said talking with himself
*the silence is broken by a squittish Yubo*

<stupid animal, go away!>
*kick the yubo far away*

"I can smell the kitins secretions... well... my axe need some green blood to be more shiny."

-the Zorai get up and shooting a last look around before get another time the way 4 Zora... and slowly walk in there... kicking some other yubos on the way...-

"stupid animals..." He continue to says scrolling his head...

-

Dazman... you rite but here in Zora we neva get an invasion before this so i think the kitins wanna do a big exploit on our land... anyway don't be feared... we're not so weak and i hope we can get some help from other countries if the invasion will be impossible.

juissi
January 13th, 2005, 08:04 AM
and i have crafted some fyros heavy vest to that crafter in fyros

wippi
January 13th, 2005, 01:44 PM
- At the north west of Zora near the war camp an alone Zorai sitting down under a tree... -
*cleaning his axe*
This will be the time to teach these inferiors being who rules on Atys...

"the only kitin good... is a kitin dead..." he said talking with himself
*the silence is broken by a squittish Yubo*

<stupid animal, go away!>
*kick the yubo far away*

"I can smell the kitins secretions... well... my axe need some green blood to be more shiny."

-the Zorai get up and shooting a last look around before get another time the way 4 Zora... and slowly walk in there... kicking some other yubos on the way...-

"stupid animals..." He continue to says scrolling his head...

-

Dazman... you rite but here in Zora we neva get an invasion before this so i think the kitins wanna do a big exploit on our land... anyway don't be feared... we're not so weak and i hope we can get some help from other countries if the invasion will be impossible.

... " Just heard an S.O.S. call out of Zora.... "

While i was just exhausted by the party earlier this day... cos Fyros was victorious over these " inferiors " beings... i heard rumours bout Zora getting slaughtered by Kitins...

... " we cant let our allies just die out there... " i was thinking...

So as fast as i could i tried to contact some Fyros heros... who had fought brave in " the battle for Dyron ".

Within no time... i found some brave warriors... and some crafters.. who are willing to support Zora...

" Lets teleport "... i said... and we did...

In the regions of Zora... we saw the kitins .. i thought:... " what a deja-vu ".... i have seen this before.....

But bravely... we stand our guard in Zora... and try to support our dear allies....

In my mind singing... "... Zoraii's,.... You never walk alone... "

Leah - The Devince Councel of PyR.

mikelaw
January 14th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Right i think the time has come to let us know how to end this event please.

I have fought and fought and got no-where.

I have spent a whole night guarding Dyrons spawn and to fall asleep for 30mins to find it over running again.

This event was great for the 1st few days but enough is enough.

I love to forage in dyron and one of my skills i enjoy the most i cant do bc i only forage in dyron, yes i know what ur gonna say forage in thesos but dyron is my fav place to be and work there.

We need more feed back from the Dev team and the CRS team imo.

Time has come to end this battle with the Kitin for a time of peace and thoughts.

Time has come to give us the goal to complete, The target to kill or whatever is the trigger to stop the event and make peace in the lands until the scummy kitin come back for more.

I am on my knees Dev team give me back my home, give me back dyron. Give us homins the key to stop this endless madness.

Thank you

grimjim
January 14th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Victory in Dyron?

They're still there!

And tougher!

predzz
January 14th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Yes please, as said before in the MOTD there were some victories in Fyros and Matis and that Tryker and Zorai were less lucky but it also said the Kitin were retreating... Where? I don't notice them leaving they are same as before. Hoped the patch would bring things back to normal but apparently not.

I wouldnt mind the invasion that much if it wasnt i used to hang out in Dyron alot myself too and my Packers were at the Dyron stables....
Because of the Warrior kincher passing by stables every 10 minutes i can hardly get anything from my packers anymore, ive been attacked by them like 20 times by now, managed to hit invul half of them, had to ask for rezz the other times.

Devs... Dyron is totally empty. It used to be one of the most populated areas in the game now u'll be lucky if u see more than 2 ppl. Everyone is going to Thesos. What more signs do you need???

kostika
January 14th, 2005, 12:06 PM
yes i know what ur gonna say forage in thesos but dyron is my fav place to be and work there.

Besides Thesos has enough problems as it is. The Kami Tolerance is very low and has hit zero a few times already since this all began.

Time to end it all. PLEASE. Enough is enough. I've loved the event, but a week is jsut too long to drag it out when you're doing the exact same thing without having any kind of reaction for your actions in the event.

boinged
January 14th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Day 6-7:

I write this from my apartment in Pyr. I have travelled out to accursed Dyron a couple of times these past few days but each time have ended up having to rely on the Kami to revive me. I've worked off the penalty these resurrections incur each time but haven't managed to do much else for the war effort.

It seems like the homins spread across the Fyros continent are waiting for some sign. How can we end this conflict - do we need to equip a certain number of guard groups, do we need to keep them alive for long enough or do we have to kill enough Kipuryk to make the kitin retreat?

Why don't the Fyros generals give us our final orders? Where are the intelligence reports we require? This is quickly turning into a series of directionless battles which I'm beginning to question my involvement with. There are better, safer ways to make dapper on Atys.

shadowweb
January 14th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Homins of Arispotle, despite your best efforts the Kitin hordes are making their big push into your lands. Not only have they stepped up their incursions but there are rumours that they are building their own camps as a base to launch their final attack against Homin territory.

For a short time tonight you will be granted protection from the harmful effects of dying to enable you to scout these camps in preparation for the final battle to come. Our spies report that their forces will be in place for the ultimate battle in the middle hours of tomorrow evening.

kibsword
January 14th, 2005, 03:40 PM
We must fight the kitin, kill them all homins!

trenker
January 14th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Sounds good to me, event starts one weekend and comes to a head the next. If most players only visit on weekends then this is great. For some of us who play every day we may be battle weary by now, but thats great too, I'm sure there will be plenty of 'rest' at some point.

Otherwise enjoy a short holiday in Thesos, where you relax by the lake and enjoy the Mektoub races around the hill.

Tember
Clan Omnis
Chin up but nose hairs flarring.

wippi
January 14th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Wow Shadowwe...

ALL HOMINS OF ALL KIND...... lets Re-unite... and lets finish this threat for once and for all...

We are counting on you !

Leah - DCP -

drcole22
January 14th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Kitin camps!

I can't wait to get home and scout for them! damn work!

kostika
January 14th, 2005, 05:29 PM
OUr orders have come in Homins! Let us join forces and fight our way through the hoards and take back our home!

STAND AND DELIVER!

sx4rlet
January 14th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Day 6-7

I smell acid. But it smells good to me now. I look upon the Crafter Camp in Tryker, and I see the Federation flag above the camp. Near me lie the scorched bodies of kitin, scorched by the mages' acid fire.

As far as I can see, I see no signs of kitins. Scouts just brought news of another victory at the War Camp, to the south. It has been a hard fight, and I know the kitins will come back, but this victory will make it possible to regroup and prepare for another attack..

Sxarlet
Tryker General
Officer of Evolution

thewarcc
January 14th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Fight for Jena, Kill the Kitin scum!

shadowweb
January 14th, 2005, 06:53 PM
And now Homins, your crafting and harvesting labours will bear their true fruit. For the guards that you equipped will now start to take up their allotted posts in the chain of guard towers that will lead the way into the heart of enemy terratory. Additionally, they will also aid you to the death against the kitin plague and anything else that might seek to kill you.

The more tower guards you can recruit and equip, the easier the final approach to the evil nest will be.

So work as never before - the time grows short and this is a battle we can not lose!

kibsword
January 14th, 2005, 07:17 PM
This is a victory all homins must work too, everyone who can should work on equipting new guards to aid us in our struggle

mojojojo
January 14th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Great night tonight (friday),think we had the whole of matis working as one,if i read the post right it is imperitive that we get the guards equip'd as they will man the gaurd towers which will form a line to the enemy.tonights battle was hard. I think we have a harder times ahead.
if guilds can help getting crafters and harvesters to the camps so they may do their work,we will be halfway there.
thanks to kibs and zcorpion for their support tonight,i think we are getting the orginisation of these events better and better each time.

homins be brave,stand tall and stand fast

mojojojo out!

also thanks to nevrax for a great event

jdrake
January 15th, 2005, 01:25 AM
To Arms!!! This is what we have been waiting for since release!! There can be no more complaining about the "Same Old Thing" Ryzom and the current battle For Atys proves IMHO that we have a chance to make the diffrence in what happens to our Homeland and to others Homelands!!

Band together brothers and sisters! this battle will prove our true worth to call ourselves Homins! The enemy must be destroyed and only by us all working together may we accomplish this holy goal!!

Saturday I believe will be the cusp of the battle as the rumors have foretold, sleep well and I will see you all on the battlefield upon the morrow.

Sixxux
Regent of The New Empire

kibsword
January 15th, 2005, 02:59 AM
Great fun fighting that boss kitin tonight, think 80+ homins at one point fighting the boss around the camps in matis, so much fun :)

And Mojojojo, I'd have had a lot more trouble without u m8, ty to u aswell :)

andreaw
January 15th, 2005, 03:41 AM
YAY! I just love the more positive response we've seen in here today about the invasion! There are issues that need to be tweaked before the next mass-invasion, of course there are - this is the developer's first attempt at an invasion on such a large scale - but all-in-all this is much more like the ethos I signed up for! Grats and thanks Nevrax for the fun and thrills seeing those VAST boss-mobs gave me :p

magick1
January 15th, 2005, 04:01 AM
Two teams working together, managed to get behind enemy linies in Zorai.
Sadly, the huge battle front continues deep into their territory, with the usual patrols, makeing it very though to get around.
So far no sign of the enemy camp.

Resource master is still open, as is the war camp. The crafter camp is completely under enemy control.

rushin
January 15th, 2005, 04:19 AM
Yes, we fought bravely late into the night, and scouting the area to the west of Zora. A structure was found but no sign of the camp. I think it likely the camp lies to the north of stainmoor but the journey is a long, bloody one... maybe tomorrow :)

usinuk
January 15th, 2005, 08:36 AM
...for the fun and thrills seeing those VAST boss-mobs gave me :p

Would have helped if the boss was killable at an average of 1k damage a second with 80 people attempting to get it (subtle hint - hp regeneration rate doesn't need to match the hps). Was very depressing to see a group organized so well only to meet with a design flaw despite all the best efforts of players, and no staff responding to cries of 'um, this doesn't look right' for almost an hour. And yes, maybe we do need more players in the great effort - but this reminds me distinctly of the very first event held on the server, where a GM finally killed off the boss after it killed everyone.

Don't take me wrong - I appreciate the planning and effort that went into this and its a lot closer to what I thought I was subscribing to - but the comments I and others made back after the first day are all still valid. I hope Nevrax and Jolt take the comments in that thread to heart and not effusive praise.

Look forward to finishing this whole series tomorrow.

trenker
January 15th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Would have helped if the boss was killable at an average of 1k damage a second with 80 people attempting to get it.

We in Fyros had the same problem of an unkillable boss even with 2 teams giving it loads for some time, but when fighting the boss with some guards the fight went 'as you would expect'. Is this by design or did the few extra guards damage really give us the edge on the boss's regeneration?

Tember
Clan Omnis
On the merits of tactical reversing.

magick1
January 15th, 2005, 01:23 PM
This is a sci-fi game. So let's try to take the boss down, b-movie style.
We need to find the mothership... uhm, mother kitin, and upload a virus to take it down.
In a true bad sci-fi style it will only require one tiny team, which either loath each other or can't work together.
When they reach their destination the virus is uploaded, say a cold 1 spell cast with an qlt 20 amp, and all kitins on all servers explodes like popcorn.
As a side benefit, kitin meat turns out to be great for barbeques.

</humour>

kibsword
January 15th, 2005, 01:46 PM
We tried dragging our boss back to the guards, only the refused to attack it even when it was in the middle of the camp, instead once someone accidentally attacked a guard and the heal bombs spread the effect they started attacking us, so the guards were running around killing ppl, and the boss, but we had the situation stabilised till it went down :)

sx4rlet
January 15th, 2005, 03:23 PM
This is a sci-fi game. So let's try to take the boss down, b-movie style.
We need to find the mothership... uhm, mother kitin, and upload a virus to take it down.
In a true bad sci-fi style it will only require one tiny team, which either loath each other or can't work together.
When they reach their destination the virus is uploaded, say a cold 1 spell cast with an qlt 20 amp, and all kitins on all servers explodes like popcorn.
As a side benefit, kitin meat turns out to be great for barbeques.

</humour>

/signs in for the team

Sxarlet

sx4rlet
January 15th, 2005, 03:25 PM
We tried dragging our boss back to the guards, only the refused to attack it even when it was in the middle of the camp, instead once someone accidentally attacked a guard and the heal bombs spread the effect they started attacking us, so the guards were running around killing ppl, and the boss, but we had the situation stabilised till it went down :)

Sounds familiar!
We tried the same tactics in Bounty Beaches. But all 3 teams ended up dead, but the guards attacked it... And got killed too!
It was a good way to kill those guards we worked hard for :D

Sxarlet

sx4rlet
January 15th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Good feedback on the event:
http://www.ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10170

Please Devs, read it!

Sxarlet

drcole22
January 15th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Oh yeah! Fyros rock!!

Took us ages and lots of clicks of the mouse but the boss is dead!

oh, and DCP dealt the final blow!!

wippi
January 15th, 2005, 11:41 PM
GREAT guys.... UNITED ... HOMINS in FYROS.... dealing the threat as if it was normal...

Of course it was not normal... we defeated the bosses... and we claim victory .. after a hard battle on all fronts... and back attacks... and that 1 Matis GM who pulled kitins... to our healers just cos he was hungry ... ( lol soulsnatcher, you know who is saying it right .. )...

I will thank Team Samsara, Team Clan Omnis... and of course... DCP team 1, DCP team 2 and DCP team 3...for their participating.... AND of course the other homins i forgot... which made our victory 4 sure. ( 1 of them was Maffioso.. on the front.. )...

Wanna thank the Devs and Gm's for the event,.. but it took too long in my view... but that is another post... THX ALL.

I am proud of all Homins.. :)

Leah - DCP - The Divine Councel of PyR.

magick1
January 16th, 2005, 01:45 AM
Congrats all homins, we now have a huge BBQ party for many many days now. :D

And they say b-movies are bad for you *pfft* Boulderdash I say :p

P.S. For those wondering, Sxarlet uploaded the virus, I was the plucky sidekick ;)

kibsword
January 16th, 2005, 01:55 AM
The matis army was huge, and I was amazed we were able to keep everyone together, but once we got in a good battle with the boss he took less than a minute to die as I remember. We then went to help our tryker allies, and eventually got united with them and killed it :)

Very fun =)

sx4rlet
January 16th, 2005, 02:15 AM
P.S. For those wondering, Sxarlet uploaded the virus, I was the plucky sidekick ;)

LOL

I still hear you say 'I love it when a plans comes together', while I was uploading the last bytes ;)

Sxarlet

nonne
January 16th, 2005, 02:33 AM
I must say that the Trykers today stod up and fought like never before. Im proud of been with does brave homies that died out there tonight for saving Atys.

//Halvgalen

wippi
January 16th, 2005, 05:13 AM
nice to see all races experienced the same... as we did in fyros... and later for some of us in zorai...

Great to see we have overwon these kitin beings...

But how long will this... rest period last... ?

Who can tell...?

So i propose... a big party... on neutral grounds.. for al 4 races... to meet each other... to party this overwhelmed victory... anyone got suggestions...... give me a tell in Ryzom... or post it here... cos a global victory like this on 4 fronts... must be celebrated... and makes new paths for us in near future... :)..

Leah - DCP - The Divine Council of Pyr

rakavich
January 16th, 2005, 04:55 PM
The Trykers did amazingly well Although early in the evening i thought the 1 full group of Ravens(+Threbus of Atys Ghosts and a little later Wlaas of Evolution) was all that was going to be around to fight the Kitins off, But Atys Ghosts, Evolution and Other Trykers guild ( sorry I cant remember all of them) Showed about an hour or so later and the Tryker Army was formed but by this time there were NO guards left alive at any tower...

The Swathes of Kitins we had to kill to get to Kipyruk ( not sure on that spelling :) ) was scary

The Trykers and one Huge Zorai Tryker wannabe ( Hi Xorte :) ) fought bravely and well like a Slow moving but unstoppable Kitin killing mass. We reached The Area of the Boss and Setup a Base at Cute Spring Research centre and began to pull the Bosses minions.

We then heard that Zorai and Matis had Killed thier Bosses and that some of the Matis Army was coming to help.

The Brave Tryker forces were slaying the minions with little problem until it came to kill the Elite "uber OMG how hard are they even the little ones hit for nearly 3k damage per hit" Kinreys they Wiped us out to all but one lone man Alex Of the Ravens had managed to Survive and was in a nearby lake wounded but alive.

I have to say i have never seen so many People get ressed so fast it was truely inspiring and nicely organised it was like a single wave of healing sweeping the field of dead bodies :)
The minion killing resumed in short order , Partol after patrol and more and more minions were killed but still the Kinrey remained, It was time again to deal with them, and Again they proved too much for the Valiant Tryker forces but we had learnt from our first encounters and 4 Trykers survived (including me :) )and some of the kinrey actually fell to our blades and magics. Due to actual healers surviving this time ressing the Army was no problem even though it was more tight for time due to a Kitin patrol attacking us as we returned to ress the rest.
The Matis Army was on its way now to reinforce our numbers but they seemed to have some trouble in our Lakeland terrain and were either slowed by the Masses of Kitins or beaten back I am unsure.

It was time for try three agains the Kinrey mass but this time we were winning, Kinrey were falling and not us then the Cruelest of fates happened a Kitin patrol Engaged our rear ranks Slaying Our healers with frightening speed the shout of Retreat was heard and a rolling retreat to the safety of the nearby lake happened and a small group of Trykers survived but this time the Kitins did not retreat in time to enable us to Ress our Army.

We Regrouped but our number seem depleted I assume due to tiredness and War wounds so a smaller Tryker army met and joined with our Matis Allies that had come to help clear the Kitins out of the Lakelands.

About this time News of Fyros's Victory reached us.
Our Journey to the Boss was alot easier I assume because of our previous slaying of several hundred Kitins . We now had the company of many Guides giving silent moral support :).
The battle with the boss was hard but suprisingly short. It was a bit chaotic but it fell and we Rejoiced at our effort and that of our allies and friends from Matis ( and one Zorian ;) )

It was fun although after our epic struggles before the Matis arrived the final battle felt a liitle of an anticlimax. But none the less a very fun but very long evening :).
Thanks to Phaedrea for her Company from the the begining and her Sagely advice ;)
and Thanks to all that Partook in the event either equiping the guards or in the final Epic battle.
and thanks to the events team for a nice Event even though there were some problems it was a huge event and nicely done considering this :)

It was nice to see all the Guilds of Tryker working together and then Matis and Tryker working together.

andreaw
January 17th, 2005, 02:36 AM
Thanks to Phaedrea for her Company from the the begining and her Sagely advice ;)
and Thanks to all that Partook in the event either equiping the guards or in the final Epic battle.
and thanks to the events team for a nice Event even though there were some problems it was a huge event and nicely done considering this :)

It was nice to see all the Guilds of Tryker working together and then Matis and Tryker working together.

Thank you Rakevich for an awesome invasion report!

Blerg. Usinuk? Your opinion SUCKS! I would love to see you giving up night after night of your free time to give the player-base a great event. Thank you SO much Shads for controlling this event to the best of your ability. The majority of us understand that the negative elements of this event had nothing to do with you. We so appreciate what you did to give us the most awesome and uber invasion ever! Shads, you rock!!!

tangie
January 17th, 2005, 03:15 AM
Would have helped if the boss was killable at an average of 1k damage a second with 80 people attempting to get it (subtle hint - hp regeneration rate doesn't need to match the hps). Was very depressing to see a group organized so well only to meet with a design flaw despite all the best efforts of players, and no staff responding to cries of 'um, this doesn't look right' for almost an hour. And yes, maybe we do need more players in the great effort - but this reminds me distinctly of the very first event held on the server, where a GM finally killed off the boss after it killed everyone.

Design fault ? did it ever occur to you the design was correct and that possably you and everyone there wasn't doing things right ?

From the parts i participated in during the invasion , i had uber fun , including bashing a boss mob for over an hour and a half . Instead of running off to moan and whine about it , i put my thoughts into trying to think what would be required to complete the task :)

andreaw
January 17th, 2005, 03:20 AM
Usinuk. I don't see what Jolt, or the events team, have to do with any of your gripes. As far as I understand it, Nevrax produced and created this event. They also directed what info could or could not be passed on to the players. Attacking the EE events team utterly and pointlessly sucks imo. You attack the team, you attack Shads as far as I'm concerned. Attack Shads and you attack us all. She gives her all, not only to the game but to the player-base. As far as I see it Shadowwe gives her utmost to create awesome events for our server - just check out the number of replies on the Atispotle section of the boards compared to all the other shards. Shads is our events co-ordinator, therefore the amazing response to our boards is down to her and her alone.

jdrake
January 17th, 2005, 03:49 AM
I must say that I for one enjoyed the event to the fullest, don't know what Usinuk's problem was (maybe a slow internet connection) The Matis army lead by the fearless General Kibs, plowed through the Insidious Evil Kitin Krowd. Granted a few died and others had the misfortune to DC but in the end we emerged victorious!! IMHO, thats what this game is all about, having fun, not nitpicking at perceved problems, this is all new to everyone and you must expect a bit of confusion in these things.

In the real world, a war, has what has been termed by some to be, "The Fog of War". This was well re-created in our little virtual combat we just experanced, I have only respect and gratitude for the EE CSR team (if you looked at the /who gm list, you would have noticed everyone from the SGMs, GM's, SG's and guides were all active) that worked day and night to make this a truly memorable event for me and for my guild mates that joined in the fun. You guys and gals ROCK!!!

I for one can't wait to see what else the future has in store for us all in the Saga of Ryzom.

Sixxus
Regent of The New Empire.

mojojojo
January 17th, 2005, 09:38 AM
I for one,thought it was a great event and i full appriciate the time the csr team and shadowweb put into it, I agree that at the start I and others didnt know what we where ment to do but,i enjoy working things out rather than have someone hold my hand all the way through the event. i find that working things out on my own or with the help of other players to be much more rewarding
Regarding the CSR team,i think we have the best lot out there (this is not a suck up) looking back on all the events run by the CSR team,i was surprised at how many i could name,scavinger hunt in nooblands,the races,the riddle week,the pantos,the stories from around atys,the player weddings,the support to guild run events,tecapio's fight tables(these just off the top of my head) and all repeated in all four lands. All of these run by our CSR team. Just checking the U.S. boards they had none of these.The CSR team make a good game great,and give up their time (when they could be playing) for free to support us. so once again thanks to nevrax and the csr team for a most enjoyable week

Mojojojo
The New Empire

tomimaci
January 17th, 2005, 10:58 AM
First of all I want to congratulate to every homin on Atys for slaying the kittins. Good work guys!
I would like to say thank you to Nevrax and the GMs for the event it was a good idea, we really wanted something like that!
And also thank you for everyone participating in the event it was great fun fighting side by side with you.
One little complaint though: Nevrax the bugs were really frustrating sometimes, next time the put a bit more effort in it. Thank you!

ilialyn
January 18th, 2005, 06:05 PM
I enjoyed the invasion events, when I could play, totally!! Seeing all of the 4 races rally together, the teamwork was just amazing!! I love to see that many on-line at one time, that's an indication right there that most of the players are enjoying themselves immensely!! Well done!! A ton of fun!!