French to English translation of http://forums.ryzom.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=20
Here are some answers to questions and a more thorough explanation of the new features:
Creating channels: How do you create and join a channel? How we manage the access rights to the channels (if possible)
The command is: /channel
- To create a channel BLAH: /channel BLAH
- To create a channel with BLAH and password PASSWORD: /channel BLAH PASSWORD
Suffice it communicates the password to anyone to whom you want to access.
- To disconnect from the channel BLAH: /channel BLAH *
Warning: A player cannot connect to more than 2 channels simultaneously.
Prerequisites for PvP
The new PvP system is based on the fame and not on alignment.
To be able to tag for PvP it is necessary to have fame in at least one of the 6 factions (Fyros, Matis, Tryker, Zoraļ, or Kami, Karavan) at 25 or above or -25 or below.
Example of player who can PvP:
Matis: 25 (of 25 fame, PvP)
Example of player who cannot PvP:
Fyros: -24 (at -25 he could, but now he cannot)
The fame is divided into 3 areas:
Your fame reputation is called ANTI if between -100 and -25
Your fame reputation is called NEUTRAL if between -24 and 24
Your fame reputation is called PRO if between 25 and 100
Who are my allies, who are my enemies?
The following rules apply to determine the relationship between you and another:
- If you have AT LEAST ONE Fame in opposition (ANTI and PRO or PRO and ANTI) => you're enemies.
Example: If you have -30 Fyros, 40 kami
and the other player 40 Fyros, 40 kami
you are enemies because of the Fyros fame.
- If you have ALL your reputation in agreement (ANTI and ANTI or PRO and PRO) => you are allies.
Example: If you have 30 Matis, -40 kara
and the other 50 Matis, -60 kara
, you can heal them, even if he is flagged as PvP (you will flag at the same time.)
- If you have ANY of your fame in agreement or opposition => you can treat him as he does not pvp action.
Example: If you have 30 Tryker, 10 Zoraļ
and he 10 Tryker, -30 Zoraļ
you are neither allies nor enemies.
- All team members are allies, whatever the fames (rule of temporary alliance of the team.)
- All guild members are allies, whatever the fames (rule of the covenant of the guild.)
For the current rules still apply:
- A player who is not tagged PvP cannot heal players who are flagged PvP (who have done a PvP action) even if in team or guild.
- Attacking another tagged player will flag you.
- Healing a flagged player will flag you.
Raising or lowering
The ways to earn fame have not been touched. But we have added a way to lose fame more quickly, here's how:
To lose the reputation of nation X:
1) Go see the magistrate of Nation X (the NPC that will make you a citizen) while not a citizen (your goal is to lower your reputation by harassing the poor magistrate).
2) Tell him you want to renounce citizenship.
3) The NPC will ask you if you are sure. Answer "Yes".
4) The NPC will tell you when you are not a citizen then he doesn't want to waste his time.
5) Irritated, he will take 1 point of nation fame from you.
To lose the reputation of the cult X, the procedure is the same, but you have to go to the temple of the cult.
Guild fame will be influenced by the loss of fame as normal.
Guild fame does not influence the PvP system at all.
Tags above your head
With the new PvP system two icons will be displayed above the heads of taged homins.
Icons for nation and cult.
The icons displayed above a player depend on the relationship between you and the other player.
For example, if you are 30 Fyros, 30 Zoraļ, another player at -30 Fyros, he will see the Fyros icon above your head.
Conversely, a player who has -30 Zoraļ fame will see the Zoraļ icon above your head.
If you have multiple PvP fames, the highest (if positive) or lowest (if negative) will be displayed.
For example, if you are 30 Fyros, 35 Zoraļ, a player with -30 Fyros, -30 Zoraļ will see the Zoraļ icon above your head.
Here are the icons for fame +25 and above:
Matis, Fyros, Tryker, Zoraļ, Kami, Kara
Here are the icons for fame -25 and below:
Anti-Matis, Anti-Fyros, Anti-Tryker, Anti-Zoraļ, Anti-Kami, Anti-Kara
Here are the icons for +25 or above:
The Theists have their Kami and Karavan fame +25 or above (they are PRO-RELIGION)
The Hominists have every civilization at +25 or above (they are PRO-NATION)
And the fame icons for -25 or below:
The Marauders have all civilization fames at -25 or below (they are ANTI-NATION)
The Antitheists have both Karavan and Kami fame at -25 or below(they are ANTI-RELIGION)
Automatic new chat channels
New automatic channels were added:
Fyros, Matis, Tryker, Zoraļ
: you must be a citizen to have access
: you must be a initiate or follower to gain access.
: you must have all religions at +25 or above
: you must have all civilizations at +25 or above
: you must have all civilizations at -25 or below
: you must have all religions at -25